TTL/Venetor Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Dago Wolfrider said:
Tiger of the East said:
Lag'ier Barlida said:
Compare with sea Valahir kingdom, it is not too much to further reduce the level of second top tier infantry from 44 to 38.

12-24-30-38-51 would be better balance wise.
I'm not really that good at balancing but wouldn't there be a large gap between tier 5 and tier 6, like 13 levels?

Dago Wolfrider said:
For what concerns adding troops, did you read this? Is it still a thing? https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,380570.msg9049634.html#msg9049634

P.S. Read the end of Leonion's quoted post, it is not accessible anymore so I do not know if it still matters.
Leonion said:
And don't add new troops, it will screw things up no matter where you shove them.
Just replace troops of one of the existing factions you like the least if you feel like making some personal submod for private use.
That's what I exactly did. I replaced the Multiplayer Placeholder Units that aren't used by the game since there is no Multiplayer function. I didn't add anything, I just replaced them so troops.txt still ends at trp_list_03(1937 entries, same as before). Everything from entry 1781 to 1815 has no function but just be a placeholder for Multiplayer Units for the Multiplayer function which doesn't exist. No bugs, no crashes and no errors related to this. Already tested it and is currently in my new game.
Edit: I think they have no function, but I'm not entirely sure though. :shifty:

As long as it works, no need to worry.

It is not too large at all for a level 38 unit upgrade into 51, look like the Valahir noble line, that is 38-56.

If you want a closer example then there is perisno warrior upgrade to champion, from 28 to 44.

And keep in mind lv 38 unit cost around 5 times more than lv 28’s.

Lag'ier Barlida said:
It is not too large at all for a level 38 unit upgrade into 51, look like the Valahir noble line, that is 38-56.

If you want a closer example then there is perisno warrior upgrade to champion, from 28 to 44.

I still don't understand much about how the levels balance each other out but since it's advice that's actually reasonable and proven then I'm gonna follow it. Though, does changing the levels mid-game affect the current game or do I have to start a new game?

Tiger of the East said:
Lag'ier Barlida said:

I still don't understand much about how the levels balance each other out but since it's advice that's actually reasonable and proven then I'm gonna follow it. Though, does changing the levels mid-game affect the current game or do I have to start a new game?

Do you have any troop you have changed his level in your party? As long as I know if you have them you will not be able to properly load the savegame. Wait the posts of others, I may be wrong. Have a backup.

Dago Wolfrider said:
Do you have any troop you have changed his level in your party? As long as I know if you have them you will not be able to properly load the savegame. Wait the posts of others, I may be wrong. Have a backup.

I haven't noticed yet since I'm playing a new game (62 days now) and I haven't completed the TTL quest yet. Though it did load so maybe it's a good sign, yes?

Tiger of the East said:
Dago Wolfrider said:

I haven't noticed yet since I'm playing a new game (62 days now) and I haven't completed the TTL quest yet. Though it did load so maybe it's a good sign, yes?

Yes it is.

Tiger of the East said:
Lag'ier Barlida said:

The level of a unit only affects the wage and how hard it can be upgraded, and autocalcu value in most mods for sure. The lower the better.

Then the edit of unit’s attributes, level, stats, etc requires a new game. Items changes needn’t that however.

Lag'ier Barlida said:
Tiger of the East said:
Lag'ier Barlida said:

Then the edit of unit’s attributes, level, stats, etc requires a new game.

As far as I know you have to start a new game only if you change these things and you have the units whose stats have been changed in your party. If you have changed their guarantees (or the mounted box), then to effectively see the changes, you have to start a new game. That's what I have learnt from using Morgh's Editor with Native and 12th.

P.S. If it does not crash while loading there should be no problems ( maybe in the long long run: I have played my 12th addon, that I have modified countless times without starting a new game, for much more than one hundred in game days now. I had 0 problems, I only had to load a previous game if I modified troops present in my party [ I do not know if keeping them in castles/towns and then modifying them works]). Always keep some back up (Old Save games and the old version of the files you modify), that's my paramount rule while using Morgh to add/change units or items.

Late reply lol but is  Venetor really that bad? I actually made a character to have their culture in it's kingdom, but after reading this thread i'm a bit worried.
Also, Venetor vs Perisno?

Perisno, no contest as a culture due to the sheer versatility. You can just hire from other factions for specialized troops.
Venetor really is only good for Infantry, which you can hire, and nothing else. Sad we cant hire Antanon Guard, though.
And even then, Third Legion Infantry is more deadly and tanky than Venetor counterpart.

Ah i see, when i got the town for myself, default option is Perisno as the culture. I really wanted to play as Venetor faction main and strictly venetor but after reading all of this and using them in my game, they're kinda meh. They are solid for sieges that's for sure but they lack archers to clear the enemy archers.
Another issue i'd have with them is dealing with reichs/Drahara/Elintor/RoTF cavalry. At the moment i'm using illica troops with some venetor and random archers.

Back
Top Bottom