TTL/Venetor Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Dieselguru

Recruit
Hi all, I'm stuck on this quest. I'm supposed to go to krain and talk to the merchant but I can not find him anywhere. Anyone know where he is?

Dieselguru said:
Hi all, I'm stuck on this quest. I'm supposed to go to krain and talk to the merchant but I can not find him anywhere. Anyone know where he is?

Spoiler Alert:
Stupid
easter egg, took me few mins. In the town you can go into the shop - just find the right door and "F"  :roll: :roll:

Not a really fan of 3rd legion, but still shocked by how weak they are in perisno 0.9, they may have “very good” top tier troops, but the whole troop tree is tooooo unfriendly to players: weak mid tier troops, unreasonable troop level distribution(12-32-40-44-51) :shock:

The whole faction feels like some 0.772 balance style faction time traveled to 0.9 world, it may be fine in 0.772 as all factions have troops hard to train, but not fine at all in 0.9  :sad: or it is intended for the lore that they are just some too outdated culture that deserves to be as weak as this? :shock:

For those who can’t figure out the problem at the first look, just compare 3rd legion with sea raider kingdom. (26-38-56 VS 40-, and even the tier 1 lv 26 sea raider noble is stronger than TTL noble, also top tier sea raider noble is much much stronger than TTL noble)

Will upgrade the post with tests after I reach my computer, anyone else who think there is problem to solve?

Since you can't (legaly) restore Venetore in early game, lvl of units aren't that important (trainer companions are all high lvl), only problem with their units - lack of dedicated ranged unit with decent weapon, only companion archers with joke of a bow.

T.L.S. said:
Since you can't (legaly) restore Venetore in early game, lvl of units aren't that important (trainer companions are all high lvl), only problem with their units - lack of dedicated ranged unit with decent weapon, only companion archers with joke of a bow.

The point is they are not only much more harder to train, but also weaker than other factions, like Valahir.

12-32-40-44-51 distribution of lvls is not the problem of "early" or "late" game anymore, as even for player itself it will be more than 1000 days to reach lvl 45, look at Valahir's two monsters, both trained from 40, as hard as the second top tier troop of Venetore, and stronger than the top tier Venetore troop which trained from 44.

Also, the bowmen you mentioned is generally the only useable unit from their culture to players.

I will show bloody test results.

If you mean the Sobolavars, they have that second sword which is really just a small, very fast and durable shield. So they look like they're dual-wielding, but they're really sword and board

Lord Irontoe said:
If you mean the Sobolavars, they have that second sword which is really just a small, very fast and durable shield. So they look like they're dual-wielding, but they're really sword and board

Understood. Yet there is nothing that a dwarven crossbow can not break or kill.

Mace to Face said:
I have no use for hard to train units, they are more for NPCs I feel.

What funny is their former existence “TTL” has more useful troop tree 22-36-50, strong enough and reasonable.

After you foolishly “restore” them, that line will be 32-40-44-50, it is definitely wrong! With that design why the hell player support them?

Haven't tried them yet but that sounds bad.

Is the main problem their skills/stats or their levels? Sounds like it's too hard to train them for just getting a mediocre troop. 

Smilein said:
Haven't tried them yet but that sounds bad.

Is the main problem their skills/stats or their levels? Sounds like it's too hard to train them for just getting a mediocre troop. 
Well...Not only this,they dont have heavy cavs and good-quality archers too.

Well...Not only this,they dont have heavy cavs and good-quality archers too.
Valahirs also have no good cav (except 1 household unit) and very mediocre archers, but pretty strong. Because their top archers at least have decent bows. If only TTL-Venetor had some upgrade from companion archers with better weapon...

I think they are weak but what they need is not strong archers and cav. I mean, since they are based on Rome troops, they either had weak archers and cav or they used other nations. But still they remained strong cause of their great, formidable infantry. And Venetore is not strong, although I love the looks and the idea and all of that is sooo cool, but far from useful unless you're desperate. Just buff the infantry, make them worthwhile and I think we good.

Back
Top Bottom