Troop survivability

Users who are viewing this thread

Ugbukk

Recruit
I have noticed that if I go into combat WITH my troops, they tend to die. But if I send them off on their own, they tend to live.

Also, they get more XP. Why is this?

My guess is because regardless of its stats, any soldier can die occasionaly from bad luck when in the field (javelin thrown to the face by an unskilled ennemy, several enemies deciding to gang up on a single one of your units, etc ...), while from a purely math-based simulation in which they are given a score depending on their level and skills, troop quality has much more weight.

My guess is because regardless of its stats, any soldier can die occasionaly from bad luck when in the field (javelin thrown to the face by an unskilled ennemy, several enemies deciding to gang up on a single one of your units, etc ...), while from a purely math-based simulation in which they are given a score depending on their level and skills, troop quality has much more weight

Yeah, this is probably the reason behind it.
Especially the Exp part seems to be crucial to me - sending out your troops easily gives your troops like 5-10 times the xp, why on earth is that? It basically makes fighting your battles realy inefficient and encourages a total auto-calc playstyle, why? It should be the other way around!

I noticed that autobattles mostly only wound the soldiers instead of killing them off. I usually end up with 30 wounded soldiers and maybe 2 dead in autobattles, while in real battle it is more like 15-15 or more dead than wounded.
I guess they tuned up the wounded rate to reduce the rage of somtimes stupid autobattle results.

Yeah, this is probably the reason behind it.
Especially the Exp part seems to be crucial to me - sending out your troops easily gives your troops like 5-10 times the xp, why on earth is that? It basically makes fighting your battles realy inefficient and encourages a total auto-calc playstyle, why? It should be the other way around!
Yeah this is weird. I'd prefer to have the "Training" skill back to give XP to recruits, instead of autobattles. I love to fight haha

Anyway, haev you guys noticed some recruits dying more than others? My Battanian volunteers ALWAYS die, auto battle or not while Sturigans, Empire or Aserai recruits die sometimes, but not as much.

Wait, autobattles are better?
I almost always choose to fight myself, In warband i would always get more casualties from auto-battling than manual fighting.

In battles you can use formations, terrain and orders to your advantage. So it would be weird if more would die this way...

EDIT: did a small test, auto-battle seems terrible. I attacked a group of 5 looters with 27 good soldiers. I got 3 troops wounded. In manual battles the looters can't even touch me. I had 27 vs 22 and had 0 wounded before.

I almost always choose to fight myself, In warband i would always get more casualties from auto-battling than manual fighting.

In battles you can use formations, terrain and orders to your advantage. So it would be weird if more would die this way...

EDIT: did a small test, auto-battle seems terrible. I attacked a group of 5 looters with 27 good soldiers. I got 3 troops wounded. In manual battles the looters can't even touch me. I had 27 vs 22 and had 0 wounded before.
Autobattles tend to be better when you've got the upper hand in numbers/quality. Fewer casualties and vastly increased experience for troops IME

If you're the underdog, fighting the battle can be favourable if you're good at commanding your army but you won't get as much experience for your men.

Are you sure about auto resolve being better, bet those damn 4 khuzait archers are goddamn snipers

142 wounded to 115 killed? Yea if you play this manually with same amount of "casualties" you end up with a lot worse ratio. Also whats wrong with 4 kuzait archers to kill 50 men in a siege?

Try that same test with 27 recruits vs 27 looters. You'll lose 5-6 recruits and and like 8 wounded. Do it with an autobattle and you'll have like 14 wounded.

It seems looters use weapons doing blunt damage only in the simulation, so your troops can't be killed, just knocked out.

The autobattle is better used when you want to resolve small fights quicker, if you have a good army against looters/bandits.
Youre also giving your troops the chance to kill and gain exp, rather than charging the enemy down with your cavalry.

Autoresolve against stronger bandits can result in you loosing the weaker infantry however.

If you're fighting larger or riskier battles its best to fight them yourselves to avoid too many casualties by being an expert tactician.
In autobattle the system compares your troops to the enemy and calculates kills/deaths based on the strength and not the way you would normally fight.

Back
Top Bottom