Hello all, looking for a mod)

Users who are viewing this thread

drewmartini

Recruit
Basically, I like the way you get fiefs in warband. I like the progression for role play purposes.
I'm looking for a mod where villages are independent like in warband. In warband, the villages were tied to castles and cities but could still be distributed to lords independently. As long as someone from your faction held onto the town or castle the village was tied to , well you owned the village. If ofc , the castle was taken and your village was tied to it, well you lost it. This made sense because you had more smaller lords, lords also had personalities and behaved accordingly. Good natured lords defended their villages btw.

I tried Bannerkings, I like it but it's sketchy and I don't find grand strategy suitable for a first person arpg. It's a bit off at times and the spelling/writing gives me a headache.

That's an interesting one. In Bannerlord, the villages are bound to other settlements, castles and towns. You might be able to "unbound" them, but then you might need a mechanic to reconnect them. Or make sure all of the code looking for the expected connection to villages is updated too. And you would have to update the ownership of the villages. Each village would need a new property Ownership added to it. You would need to assign the ownership to lords. It should be possible.

That's an interesting one. In Bannerlord, the villages are bound to other settlements, castles and towns. You might be able to "unbound" them, but then you might need a mechanic to reconnect them. Or make sure all of the code looking for the expected connection to villages is updated too. And you would have to update the ownership of the villages. Each village would need a new property Ownership added to it. You would need to assign the ownership to lords. It should be possible.
It doesn't look like it's very different then warband. i believe it's coded the same. In warband villages are tied to castles and towns. You can own a village for as long as your faction holds that specific castle or town. This made lords more likely to defend a castle and an area.

This feature was also epic from a late game perspective. Say you're a king or emperor. You have lords and don't really want mercenaries . So you give the villages to your worst vassals, the ones with worst traits. This way if they betray you they can't take the village with them. The village returns to you because it's tied to the castle or town. I would never give a town or castle to a cunning or sadistic lord, because if they go crazy and are pissed off at me when they betray me I lose the castle.

I've been trying Bannerkings and it's a lot of fun if you're into ck2 or ck3. In Bannerkings there's hierarchy, you can get a Lordship over a village which is really cool.
I just don't feel that grand strategy fits a first person rpg. As in I don't find the ensemble view making much sense when I'm just a guy trying to live in Calradia. It's immersion breaking for me.

Some would say that this is useless, but I don't care about meta gaming. I play for immersion and the challenge. I'm not the type to do the most optimal thing to win, like idk strafe vs ai in order to hit them like a noob.

If you wanna understand why I find the village thing so cool for progression , watch an old Viking conquest video of SurrealBeliefs. There's this point, where the lord awards him a village, it's not much but it's his village and it's a very satisfying feeling until midgame and then late game ofc.

But even Late game, it's jsut so cool to hand out village fiefs to people.

Back
Top Bottom