SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Troop diversity and access

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi!

I think player too quickly gets access to high-tier faction troops. I´d like to see something else :smile:

A player not attached to any faction should not access their troops. They should attract troops depending on who they recruit from
You are still offered T1 Recruits from notables but if they would today offer troops above T1, they would offer from below trees instead.
Regular troops now require certain faction membership to upgrade down the current track(need input for how to handle playerfaction!)
All regular factiontroops has alternate upgradepaths into below trees.

Notable TypeT2+ troops fromT5 unlocked byT6 unlocked by
Village LandownerMilitiaTactics 60Tactics 135
City GangleaderThugsRougery 60Rougery 135
City MercantCaravan guardsTrade 60Trade 135
City ArtisanCity GuardsStewardship 60Stewardship 135

Faction Militia tree. Skirmishers
Thugs tree. The bandit- tree associated with the faction or a semicriminal replica.
Faction Caravan tree. Cavalry
Faction City Guards. Decent infantry and archers.

At least 3 different T5-T6 paths foreach tree should be available.

T2-T3 should be clearly weaker than equivelent tiered regular factiontroops in gear. T4 is weaker. T5 slightly weaker and T6 on par.
Though upgrading above T4 requires more than money. It requires different perks to be unlocked. These perks are special though, as it unlocks a perk for the clan rather than the charachter. Once a clanleader has unlocked it, troops are available for descendents and secondary parties of the clan.
All members of these trees has at least 1 upgradepath into the regular tree, that ofcourse requires the faction requirement, and other requirements.

Upgrading troops in or into these trees are 20% cheaper than regular faction troops.
Upgrading out of these trees, into regular faction-trees, are 20% more expensive.
This to symbolize the weaker, more accessable, gear.

They also have a lower sold. Cheaper soldiers in all aspects!

Sounds boring? Join/found a faction! This is a motivation! :smile:

Sounds intersting? You don't want to lose this option when you join/found a faction? You don't need to!

Faction troops. The elites of the field
Once you have joined a faction, your recruits are upgradable as is now. Your T4 and T5 factiontroops have upgrade-paths into the unlocked tracks above, should you wich to.
A restriction for factiontroops aswell!
T5 factiontroops is unlocked at clan tier 3.
T6 factiontroops is unlocked at clan tier 5.

The recruitment UI is supplied with an easy remember function, where you can set what troops the notable-group should provide. But default is faction troops if enabled. However, recruiting outside of the faction, will provide their militia/thugs/Caravan/City guards - troops!(Well... Depending the culture of the holding ofc! )

Why?
This is the foundation to playstyles other than playing as a noble. I loved beeing a filthy rougue Baron in Viking Conquest! Buying outlows and vikings!
A diversity within the game.
A motivation to join a faction to get rid of all trash!

Agree with this suggestion. Getting elite troops should be the payoff of rising through the ranks of a faction, not something trivial to accomplish within a week of in-game time. To me it breaks my immersion to be clothed in bandit rags, riding a sumpter horse, while hiring and equipping elite palatine guards to accompany me as I roam the map.

Having access to elite troops be locked behind some marker of progression - whether clan tier, or ownership of a castle/town (e.g. only notables in castles you own can offer noble troops), or some other constraint would be important to add to the satisfaction of mid-game: when you are finally able to hire your first cataphract, it should be a big deal! And the same should apply to all AI nobles, of course (in line with TaleWorlds' design approach).

Agree with this suggestion. Getting elite troops should be the payoff of rising through the ranks of a faction, not something trivial to accomplish within a week of in-game time. To me it breaks my immersion to be clothed in bandit rags, riding a sumpter horse, while hiring and equipping elite palatine guards to accompany me as I roam the map.

Having access to elite troops be locked behind some marker of progression - whether clan tier, or ownership of a castle/town (e.g. only notables in castles you own can offer noble troops), or some other constraint would be important to add to the satisfaction of mid-game: when you are finally able to hire your first cataphract, it should be a big deal! And the same should apply to all AI nobles, of course (in line with TaleWorlds' design approach).

Spot on - well expressed motivation for this or simelar changes! With such a change, our early-game composition will be cheap but trachy. It allows us to fokus on charachters and gear while raising the standards of our charachter and clan before allowing the warband to expand into a respectable force. The commander of the warband - IE the main charachter, needs to develop and be able to express this. Offereing decent(Good quality T3 up to plain T4) gear for a decent price is not gamebreaking at all - Actually the opposite, as you won't make a fortune of selling it either.

I don't mention noble troops in the suggestion, I now realise they would'nt be accessable at all untill you are in a faction. That's good! And locking/limiting them behind holding castles would make castles worth holding.

Back
Top Bottom