Translation/Localization (translator apply here)

Users who are viewing this thread

Aeon said:
The trick consist to find english-Diplomacy text entries among native from current source, then to translate and copy/paste them in (already translated) dialogs.csv or game_strings.csv or...

...and so on for each file.

I understand what you mean! I have tried today to compare a diplomacy csv with the translated original file and it's indeed hard to make a good match because the lines are not in the original sequence!

I found many lines with the prefix "dplmc".
For example: dlga_dplmc_constable_reports:dplmc_constable_pretalk|Thank you, that's all for now.
If this prefix is really in place with all modded lines it will be much easier to find them!

Waihti, Can you please confirm if it will be enough to only send you a translation of these lines? I have seen the earlier post here and they are making me unsure. For quick_strings it's clear that there are no prefixes...

Mjöllnir said:
Waihti, Can you please confirm if it will be enough to only send you a translation of these lines? I have seen the earlier post here and they are making me unsure. For quick_strings it's clear that there are no prefixes...

dplmc prefix is used for all Diplomacy dialogs but it's not enough to send me these lines since I need a working translation with all text translated.

First, check first post (read "How To")

Hypnotoad2.gif

[Subliminal stimuli to Waihti's brain]
" Proper .csv files will help all of us "

Jakob Zaborowski said:
Will nicht in der Lage zu ubersetzen, zu zweifeln Sie brauchte mich aber :smile:

Can you write that in english? I am german but I don't understand what you are trying to say  :razz:

Did anyone of you also experience problems with some lines of the Constable? I'm currently testing my changes in the dialogs.csv and found many working lines (also the 2 lower lines on the screenshot are fine), but the constable seems not interested in speaking ONLY German. :wink:

389351864.jpg

I have checked the lines and didn't find the error... This for example should be the first line on the screenshot:

>> dlga_dplmc_constable_reports:dplmc_constable_overview|Bitte berichtet über meine Armee.

Any ideas what I did wrong?

Lawrie said:
Chinese 2.3.2 Translation Pack uploaded.

Credits:
Ciel, Lawrie

Great work :smile: Going to include it in the next update...

Mjöllnir said:
>> dlga_dplmc_constable_reports:dplmc_constable_overview|Bitte berichtet über meine Armee.

Any ideas what I did wrong?

No idea, looks good for me. But looks like your using an older version of Diplomacy.

Waihti said:
No idea, looks good for me. But looks like your using an older version of Diplomacy.

Ooops, that was exactly the problem. I have different modules installed... With Diplomacy 2.3.2 the lines are all translated. Thanks!

I have now finished my first (generally) working translation. Files are uploaded. :smile:

After I finished 2 hours ago I ended up in panic because there suddenly was a new version of Warband AND Diplomacy available! But it was rather easy to update everything. The Taleworlds patch updated some English strings but the German translation is untouched! :shock:

I'm sure we will find out many issues during further testing but for now we have a working 2.4 translation! :grin:

Mjöllnir said:
I have now finished my first (generally) working translation. Files are uploaded. :smile:

After I finished 2 hours ago I ended up in panic because there suddenly was a new version of Warband AND Diplomacy available! But it was rather easy to update everything. The Taleworlds patch updated some English strings but the German translation is untouched! :shock:

I'm sure we will find out many issues during further testing but for now we have a working 2.4 translation! :grin:

Thanks, included in 2.4.1, but I didn't test it  :razz:

Lawrie said:

Credits:
Ciel, Lawrie

Hey Lawrie, I am waiting for a 2.4 translation before releasing it, I guess there where to much changes in 2.4 so it won't work anymore.

Waihti said:
Lawrie said:

Credits:
Ciel, Lawrie

Hey Lawrie, I am waiting for a 2.4 translation before releasing it, I guess there where to much changes in 2.4 so it won't work anymore.
Im working on it, hopefully to be finished  by this weekend if I have enough spare time.

Oooops, forget what I've said above, I just heard they had finished the revision of the Chinese translation for warband native. With the new translation for native mod, I have to work from the very begining instead of making changes to translation 2.3.2. This is going to take some time

Back
Top Bottom