Train 10 Borrowed Troops unbalanced and fail bug

Users who are viewing this thread

Dragens

Recruit
Hey guys,

the quest in which you are suppose to train 10 troops is pretty unbalanced. you have 20 days to train them. the best way to do it is to "send troops" on looters so the soldiers get more xp BUT even when you only take the borrowed troops with you alone. they will get wounded and will take AGES to recover. I litterally had 4 troops already leveld up and 6 where wounded. I had 10 days to go (sometimes looters are rare to find somehow suddenly) and it needed more than 10 days for all of them to recover. It was impossible to finish the quest.

Second one is. I reloaded my save with 4/10 troops to try another way. got some of them upgraded but the quest counter just froze at 4/10. So even if I would have found a way to train them in time or had the luck. I couldn't complete it because all other troops didn't count to the progress. I hope this gets fixed because this would be one of the few quests you could do at the very beginning. Either give us more days for the progress or let them recover fast. Otherwise this is a pain.

Thanks for you great work !!!

It seems they have not taken into account how fast time passes compared to Warband.
I'm wondering if that's because they thought ''the map is bigger, so realistically, you're covering less ground when riding around in a day than you would in Warband''.

But personally this doesn't bother me so much, though they should give more time for some quests.

I feel that just giving more time for this quest would help a lot.
Also a question: Can you turn in the Q with any number of upgraded troops or do you need all 10 alive?
They can die... IF died too many of them... like 5, you will just get negative relations if i remember correctly(its what happened to me)

Anyway quest is badly bugged. If i save borrowerd troops from quest and start the other one, they will not count into it(make sense, but).
If i do that "help with another gang" quest, that train quest fails automatically

Here is how I do this quest : level up a certain amount of them, like 2 or 3, a couple may die, but thats okay. then take all the non-leveled troops and release them from your army. The quest will then automatically end and you'll get money based on how many you leveled. it's a lot less frustrating than worrying about keeping them all alive.

I agree with all of the above. I took on this quest to try it out, but they get wounded and take forever to recover. Somehow managed to finish leveling up all 10 on the very last day by auto-resolving looter parties. My counter stopped at 6/10 but I eventually upgraded all 10

It just needs balance and maybe a bug-fix in the counter:
  • Balance borrowed troop recovery speed, or
  • lower xp required to upgrade them

Regarding looters, I think if you or ai parties are slaughtering them by the hundreds there will be less. Once you stop killing them you'll notice there will be more and larger parties. I saw a 71 looter party last night now that I've moved on to fighting factions and besieging their settlements

Back
Top Bottom