SP Fantasy Tohlobaria (v0.8 is out!)

Users who are viewing this thread

fladin said:
There is nothing particularly new to justify a changelog, to summarize :

- The player can "access" the  noble troops of the faction he has joined.
- Fixed some of the most annoying  bugs (I said some  :facepalm:).
- Reworked a lots of items (arms and armors).

The real work will start now for version v0.8 to:
- finish the quests.
- solve the problems of creation/management of the kingdom.
- correct tactics and formations during battles (by making infantry in formation more responsive and the cavalry less suicidal  :roll:).
- create new scenes (for the remaining cities especially).
- make the use of two-handed weapons even more imperative (and make the shield-sword combination not the obvious choice for the player).

Sweet! :smile: (I love 2-handed swords! :fruity:)
Thanks for the hard work! Downloading now! :mrgreen:

Goodness, it's been a while since I've downloaded this. Keep it up! I am looking forward to its final release! :grin:. This was one of the first big mods I've downloaded for Warband and it's great to see it grow :smile:

Enjoying 0.72 since release, though I have a question.
In my unfortunately bugged game, the Empress' quest popped up at about day 20. I'm 55 days in and still hasn't popped out. But the ancient ruins are still present and the Phoenix quest is available. Do I have to wait more for the quest to pop up or just do the Phoenix one?

Thank you all for your support  :grin:

Madijeis said:
Do I have to wait more for the quest to pop up or just do the Phoenix one?
You can do the phoenix quest while waiting for the Dirim's quest to be triggered (in principle they should work in parallel without any problem, but I haven't put that in the test yet...)

Progress report for the v0.8 :
The Atian colonial power is ready to take action :
atian_armors.png

fladin said:
Yes, Narf of Picklestink is a true legend  :grin:

Last night tests footage :

Atia is coming !

I think 98 of those are a bit OP to be perfectly honest, seeing as they completely rekt a superior force with cavalry. Said Cavalry also wasn't able to charge the skirmishers properly on top of that.

They look pretty great, now add a tribal-esque faction for the player to "civilize"  :fruity:

Always loved the aesthetics of the mod, I think some of it might have subconsciously influenced my work  :razz:

Thank you for your kind words  :smile:

Madijeis said:
I think 98 of those are a bit OP to be perfectly honest, seeing as they completely rekt a superior force with cavalry. Said Cavalry also wasn't able to charge the skirmishers properly on top of that.

1 - This Atian party is OP because they need some low tier troops (light musketeers) to compensate, I didn't add them because I still hesitating between an  (Sayazn style  :wink:) uniform or create a Jack of plates armor (I'll try to hack something similar to that).
2 - The colonial troops needs to be a real challenge for the player (in the late game), it's only a quick test party, wait to see them in proper Line infantry  formation assisted with (very) heavy cavalry and mounted pistoleers  :twisted:
3 - This Pravar party in particular was very weak anyway with not enough cavalry and that  terrain that doesn't  help ...

Seek n Destroy said:
They look pretty great, now add a tribal-esque faction for the player to "civilize"  :fruity:

Always loved the aesthetics of the mod, I think some of it might have subconsciously influenced my work  :razz:

Tohlobaria IS the tribal-esque faction  :lol: (they still using medieval weaponry while other continents are now using  flintlock  firearms and canons  :facepalm:).

Waka The Fox said:
Please go Sayazn style with a uniform. it would really work well in looks. as well as add abit of balancing to the battles. I also can't wait to use some pistoleers

Too late  :lol:, I have already opted for the Jack of plates (or at least tried with what I have on hand :meh:)  :
atian_militia_armors.png

I think that works pretty well to be honest. I feel like the Atians shouldn't be like super advanced, maybe just a tad more. They got firearms and stuff where as in Tohlobaria such technologies may have not reached them as much due to less trading connections to wherever the origin of firearms are in your world.

fladin said:
Waka The Fox said:
Please go Sayazn style with a uniform. it would really work well in looks. as well as add abit of balancing to the battles. I also can't wait to use some pistoleers

Too late  :lol:, I have already opted for the Jack of plates (or at least tried with what I have on hand :meh:)  :
atian_militia_armors.png

Well that does look awesome. Might make a kingdom that trades with these Atians.

Comrade Crimson said:
I think that works pretty well to be honest. I feel like the Atians shouldn't be like super advanced, maybe just a tad more. They got firearms and stuff where as in Tohlobaria such technologies may have not reached them as much due to less trading connections to wherever the origin of firearms are in your world.

I am of your opinion, they must not even  possess these flintlock rifles, I think I'll use matchlock guns instead and the early guns for the native factions ...

Waka The Fox said:
Well that does look awesome. Might make a kingdom that trades with these Atians.

I'll have to add some new trade opportunities  for the player (by adding new exotic or manufactured goods like tea, guns ...) found only in foreign "comptoirs" , but it will be a big piece to change and I dare not start that now.

Like always, last night test footage :

There is nothing more depressing in WB than a ranged troop having a bad case of the dumbs and trying to reload while somebody's taking his head off. :sad:

fladin said:
I'll have to add some new trade opportunities  for the player (by adding new exotic or manufactured goods like tea, guns ...) found only in foreign "comptoirs" , but it will be a big piece to change and I dare not start that now.

I'll just change the troops you get when you pay for them in the market to player kingdom Atian styled elite troops.

rnaD86 said:
There is nothing more depressing in WB than a ranged troop having a bad case of the dumbs and trying to reload while somebody's taking his head off. :sad:

It may be fixable, I have some ideas to rectify this behavior (I only hope it doesn't create more bugs :dead:)

Waka The Fox said:
I'll just change the troops you get when you pay for them in the market to player kingdom Atian styled elite troops.

Upgrading your troops with the equipment of the current city (according to their culture)? I like the idea  :grin:  I'll think about it.

Yeah, being able to give local equipment to the player character faction at the various cities would be neat. So you could travel around the map and get the perfect troop composition without needing to join every faction somehow  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom