SP Fantasy Tohlobaria (v0.8 is out!)

Users who are viewing this thread

eldrake said:
Some progress...

mRpxEmq.jpg
mk7nWpM.jpg

I'm noticing some sort of gold fleck on these two right here.

I'm noticing some sort of gold fleck on these two right here.

You mean that one called jewellery??  :grin: :grin: :grin:
It is optionable, if you noticed that "Accessories" button on previous screenshots... I mixed few mods before I was editing textures including "Female face model and textures replacer":
https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/1955 and I changed "Beards" button to "Accessories" button... So it is unisex now, for men still changing beards, for women jewellery...

Only issue is, we will need redefine faces for specific characters... Becouse there are more hairs, faces, accessories and when you creating woman face, there is different model, so there are minor changes what those sliders do...

Comrade Crimson said:
I haven't played RAW2 but Brytenwalda attempted, and spears are ok in formations in that game but you still can't attack with over and under arm stabs like you can in this, you can only do underarm stabs. Spears are powerful in Brytenwalda but trying to fight with a spear outside of a formation isn't very effective or wise. In this its at least a doable option. Granted you should be sticking with your troops anyways but there's always cases where you might be separated from them for one reason or another.
Personally I love motomataru's formations (thank you both of you :wink:) and enjoy playing any mod using them, but I find them too rigid (and often exploitable by the player  :shifty:), I hope to find the time to seriously study his code and adapt it to the mod's style of combat. I have tried to hack it without understanding it, and the result was awful (these annoying bugs during battles, notably those involving  Imifir or Dirim).

Seek n Destroy said:
And now you're going above and beyond! Glad to see another mod giving spears and polearms in general some much needed love, being in a different setting gives it a different feeling and dynamics which is pretty nice to say the least. When playing FantasyWarrior's Hundred Years War mod I miss some of the combat changes from Tohlobaria that would certainly improve the experience and if I weren't so busy I'd probably make a submod.
Good luck with the mod, hopefully one day we'll get a 1.0  :razz:
Thank you.
Sure, FantasyWarrior's mod deserves more love and updates, and I'd have loved  to base my mod entirely  on it (but I was afraid at the time of his antique version of the MS), today if I had the time I'll surely make a submod of BerTolkien's mod (even without his permission :twisted:).
Good luck with your great mod too  :grin:

eldrake said:
for men still changing beards, for women jewellery...
THAT's a big innovation, also those faces are gorgeous  :grin:

Cokjan said:
From my experience playing warband. The AI are... too dumb to use spears.
When in formation, several troops only have a single target. And, rather than keeping formation. They duel one on one and they didn't keep their distances either.
VC does it well by not having pikes because it's too long, and the overhead stab animation really helps in close combat to prevent the weapon from failing to hit :lol:

Anyways, don't forget to have fun modding! The mod's progress is still awesome.
Thank you.
Keeping distance is the main issue of Ai using pole-arms, hope in Bannerlord they will fix that (more realism and less Hollywood's fancy swording).

I have been enjoying Tohlobaria greatly. I love the mood of this mod. Its very moody and kind of gloomy unlike most mods and native which is sort of too sunny and some are too colorful.  The weather seems to be more cloudy which helps make this place feel very deep. The troop upgrading is a bit tough to get used to and I rather the normal way to recruit and upgrade from villages. Still there is something about this setting that is very compelling even though this is a WIP.

I love the battle cries especially the one's down in unison (yummy delicious).  Maybe there could be a spectator mode so we could watch battles of two different armies.

Another plus for this mod is that it has body sliding which is something that should be standard in all mods by now. Its not always working but its there maybe its the fair game setting causing it not to work. 

The audio and the music is amazing the some of the best music in M&B.

There isn't a lot to do in the early part of the game for me. I have been trading a lot from one place to another but not much else to do. I guess there are no companions yet, and not much going on in the empty taverns. And not much variety in quests. The main faction of kingdoms are very fascinating but other factions are boring, boring bandits and otherwise. The mercenaries could use more variation otherwise they are boring. The troop tree for the paysans is boring. I wish that I could get troops based upon each village's kingdom's cultural troop trees to have access to these awesome new troops I see around me. Maybe there should be an option for us that want standard troop upgrading even if there is a penalty for it I just want the option. Another thing its hinted at how to get the troops from the 8 kingdoms.  8 kingdoms that sounds cool.

I even noticed that unlike other mods the wars in the mod seem to take longer to start and don't last long probably with the exception of the war between Pravar and Dirim. I know don't if thats how wars are supposed to work in this mod I just thought I would mention it.

This is one of the best things to happen to Warband!!! Please continue working on this mod.

I finally decided to dig deeper into this mod and I joined up with Pravar. I went from mercenary to noble and now I can raise troops from the Pravar troop tree. Now I think I get it. I still think there is not much do before this point and the game is pushing the player to join a faction.

If there were more mercernaries in taverns to hire and more things to do before joining a faction that would be more fun. Taverns are very empty too its hard to find people in them. Heck I always wondered why there are not more special NPC's in towns just wandering that can be used for something. More NPCs would make the mod more interesting especially before joining a faction. I would love to be able to play as a non-faction member with plenty to do. I guess if you add more troops and NPCs you may want to increase the stats of the faction troop trees to make them more valuable than other troops like mercenaries and hostiles.

I think I ran into a bug. I was at the town of Jabba and when ever I try to leave the game freezes. The town menu has a tourney and a feast and I'm with Pravar at war with the Khanate. I just looted and burned a few villages. The mod seems to have trouble with loading from one thing to another. When I make a transition back to the map there is a pause and a lag. I think this happens during transition from scene to scene.

Thank you for your kindness, I had some personal issues, but everything is fine now .
I plan to release the v0.7 within the next few days

And sorry for all the people I let down so miserably  :oops:

Thank you, they're just the famous Fantasywarrior's "mines scenes" that I robbed from your -now- own mod (1429 :shifty:), but I'll disguise this misdeed with some new additions.

Back
Top Bottom