SP Fantasy Tohlobaria (v0.8 is out!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Some new improvements what I did...

First at all new UI, hope you will like it:
07grWCq.jpg

More blood:
uK2B4iX.jpg
pPluKIV.jpg

And I made some new menus, for that reason, well i simply cannot look at that carpet (or whatever it is) background any more. Well it is not complete (just changed few menus what I am going to show here) and I am not sure if Fladin approve this, but here is what I did + for comparing Native and Tohlobaria menus before I changed them:

bg2: Native
jyN2kjd.jpg

bg2: Tohlobaria before me
k89pAnM.jpg

bg2: Tohlobaria improved by me
mqMwvJZ.jpg

dialogue window: Native
14y66hM.jpg

dialogue window: Tohlobaria before me
K4Q3nEX.jpg

dialogue window: Tohlobaria improved by me (I am realy proud on this one)
1kdUGON.jpg

escape menu: Native
gK1PYsx.jpg

escape menu: Tohlobaria before me
LPjia3E.jpg

escape menu: Tohlobaria improved by me - this time I think, Native one is most beautiful, but as I understand, Fladin just love those wall pictures, and it is actually part of this mode, kind of what Tohlobaria makes Tohlobaria... so let them alive =)
6ul5A8n.jpg

So here is link to Tohlobaria improved by me... (old links is deleted)
https://mega.nz/#!AXAihaoa!jRfR1DozxWm4a1b89_bLA3GgwSOT4c-76_JzqNzkRyM

:lol:

I like the new menus, the scroll/paper background really works for me, much like the wooden/planks/logs background. The only thing that bothers me is the contrast. Some of those white spots in here:
mqMwvJZ.jpg
are hard to look at. Not much and not *that* significant, but I think it would look a bit more natural if it had less contrast. Fladin's backgrounds have that soothing, nice uniform feel, even if someone doesn't like the texture.

And that sword health bar is amazing, well executed.  :smile:

Bug Report:
Well I just play it for while for testing reasons. I do not want to realy play Tohlobaria untill will be complete... But for that moment I found several bugs...
Weaponsmith in Pravar tavern instead of inkeeper...
Another bugs I found at Ilbanil...

Hmm that building do not have wall at backside for purpose??
IoGoCK5.jpg

OOOhh magic, here it is...
0FNdzg7.jpg

Still at Ilbanil...

Man I just wanted to go up by stairs... Actually it is great I discover my new ability... shhh...*whispering:* I can go through walls...  :fruity:
DSDVlhx.jpg

Well I was played just for +-1 hour and found those things... So propably there will be a lot more of bugs.

Just saying that becouse we should find and solve those... So any tester here ?? I belive people already playing right?? So help by just "let us know" will be great...

More blood ! this guy agrees :
TEWpmHH.jpg
ty guy with face inside out and upside down... in battles feels great right?

And that sword health bar is amazing, well executed.  :smile:
Thank you, well it took six hours of my life, it is becouse and here is little confession... All those things I am doing for first time... I wanted to use OSP mini-mod, but in short Fladin said: No, try to do it by yourself... At least I take it that way... And actually shield (it simply suit that sword more) is from https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=257223.0 idea too, but by my way, so I cannot be objective which one is better, love mine, becouse it is mine right Fladin??? And here it is...

are hard to look at. Not much and not *that* significant, but I think it would look a bit more natural if it had less contrast. Fladin's backgrounds have that soothing, nice uniform feel, even if someone doesn't like the texture.
Well, Fladin love his work and he want to be as unique as it is possible... But reason why I need to change it... When I was trying Tohlobaria for first time, it was so promising but...
9QJfZcp.jpg
Omg, what is that, I can barely read from that... It simply cannot stay as it is... Ok, lets proceed... Carpet again?? And again?? It is everywhere!! Realy?? For great mod like this?
So lets imagine you are not familiar with Tohlobaria and somebody tell you "Hey that is one of best mods for Mount and Blade!!!" And first what you see is this?? I am sorry to tell it but this will totaly screw up your first impression and nobody will care if it is unique or not... But ok, you want it more uniform, Fladin told me same thing and feedback is important to me, becouse as i said it before, I cannot be objective to mine work... So I can promise to you, I will rework it, then I will rework it again, then again, just untill you will be pleased with that... Hope I will survive this little quest of mine and my brain does not explode :grin: Contrast is not issue, easy to fix, but latest idea of Fladin is actualy to make it look like "old papers on wooden table" so I am up to it. Wish me luck and nerves of steel :grin:

BTW I already know that carpet texture is actualy wall texture, and i am not sure about using of that shield at UI, I should propably make it simplier by myself too or at least edit that one and I am not sure about that apex of sword at UI, but have no idea how to improve that, so any of yours? So as you see I am hard on myself as well... And last thing, Fladin promised to me new video, so where is it? I cannot wait untill I will see that one! =)

Well I was played just for +-1 hour and found those things... So propably there will be a lot more of bugs.

And you have not seen anything yet, there are still ton of bugs even worse, and some are really bad. I'm aware of those missing props  (I have accidentally removed some textures when eliminating the snow props, we have to make sacrifices :cry: )

becouse it is mine right Fladin??? And here it is...
And I love it because I know it's your !

Omg, what is that, I can barely read from that... It simply cannot stay as it is... Ok, lets proceed... Carpet again?? And again?? It is everywhere!! Realy?? For great mod like this?
So lets imagine you are not familiar with Tohlobaria and somebody tell you "Hey that is one of best mods for Mount and Blade!!!" And first what you see is this?? I am sorry to tell it but this will totaly screw up your first impression and nobody will care if it is unique or not... But ok, you want it more uniform, Fladin told me same thing and feedback is important to me, becouse as i said it before, I cannot be objective to mine work... So I can promise to you, I will rework it, then I will rework it again, then again, just untill you will be pleased with that... Hope I will survive this little quest of mine and my brain does not explode :grin: Contrast is not issue, easy to fix, but latest idea of Fladin is actualy to make it look like "old papers on wooden table" so I am up to it. Wish me luck and nerves of steel :grin:

Sorry for the late reply (Real life things are eating all my time, I had not been able to make a video or at least to test your animations appropriately, sorry again :oops: ).

But I absolutely have to share my thoughts :
It's not  intended to be a popular mod  and more importantly it's not made to please the fans, to be honest, it's made for only one player : Me  :twisted:.
If it pleases to others and they share my vision then that's great, otherwise it's not a big problem for me. What I'm trying to say is that you have to play/try it first  (as it is  :dead:) and see if its settings (my vision of game-play and my choices) really pleases you (That does not mean that I'm closed to any criticism, suggestion or idea, quite the opposite).

Here's that it's said, I have make the decision to keep most of the original animations (however I'll try to fix those that are superfluous or badly done, by picking from  Eldrake's compilation  :mrgreen:), on the other hand your animations are -I must admit- really superior,  liked those variations during the action  (and everyone will surely like them too) but IMHO they don't fit well with my vision of Tohlobaria. So I have to find a way to give the player a choice of what animation pack  he wants to use ( Camp menu or something like that, any idea ?).

Anyway I'll post a video about all of that ... I hope I wasn't too rough and  thank you for your understanding.

BTW, Tavern keepers are all fine :
9HymXY2.jpg
R8tdkgD.jpg

I don't like those stances (but like everything else  :wink:)  :
fjW3j0d.jpg
kW2AV8t.jpg

Meshugenerd's contribution :
VsDXpKu.jpg
fYO07D2.jpg

I've been thinking recently quite a bit about voice lines in Warband.

Part of me feels like sentence long shouts or so are a bit too long... should be limited to one word or so or insults, or rallying cries.

The former ones on the other hand, the sentence long ones- not all of them should be replaced but perhaps they could be moved to hostile encounters in the talking screen with those factions?

Not sure. Perhaps I am overthinking it, but what do you think Fladin? Should I record a bunch of more short and crisp insults and yells?

fladin said:
Meshugenerd's contribution :
VsDXpKu.jpg
fYO07D2.jpg

Glad I could be of help. Have you considered using narfs gauntlets (leather, demi and fingered) for Imifir, and the splinted wisby style ones for Pravar? Might give more of a unified look for each faction.

The mittens currently in the mod would also look great for either if they were vertex colored to match the narf textures a bit better. I could give it a go when I have some time.

edit: I also want to say that I quite like the animations currently in the mod. Only real issue I've seen is troops running rather oddly with large shields like pavises (as if they weigh nothing) but that's present in all modules as far as I can tell.

Comrade Crimson said:
I've been thinking recently quite a bit about voice lines in Warband.

Part of me feels like sentence long shouts or so are a bit too long... should be limited to one word or so or insults, or rallying cries.

The former ones on the other hand, the sentence long ones- not all of them should be replaced but perhaps they could be moved to hostile encounters in the talking screen with those factions?

Not sure. Perhaps I am overthinking it, but what do you think Fladin? Should I record a bunch of more short and crisp insults and yells?

The short ones are always the best ones! the long shouts are great too, but maybe misused actually (as you said, they will be better in encounters ...). Anyway I haven't used all of them yet.
As always, in voice acting things, you order =  I execute !

Glad I could be of help. Have you considered using narfs gauntlets (leather, demi and fingered) for Imifir, and the splinted wisby style ones for Pravar? Might give more of a unified look for each faction.
I have already added them to Imifir troops  :grin:

edit: I also want to say that I quite like the animations currently in the mod. Only real issue I've seen is troops running rather oddly with large shields like pavises (as if they weigh nothing) but that's present in all modules as far as I can tell.
I'll change all those "ninja" runing animation asap (yes, they are weird), and have planned long ago to add the stamina feature ( and equipment panalities) used in Brytenwalda, it must solve the problem (and add more bugs  :facepalm:)...

I was looking at those pavises... Well I do not like those... Did not realise before Tohlobaria using them.
Well but I do not want to speak about those... But I see kind of crossing.

So I have to find a way to give the player a choice of what animation pack  he wants to use ( Camp menu or something like that, any idea ?).

Well I want to do more things what I am not sure if you will like Fladin, I mean for that reason each of us got own way... I love your quests, scripts, ideas, kingdoms, items, music, sounds... And you are realy open and I appreciated it but...

It's not  intended to be a popular mod  and more importantly it's not made to please the fans, to be honest, it's made for only one player : Me  :twisted:.

And I simply cannot agree with that, I mean of course, your choice, I am respecting that. But at this point I just want to make something slightly different. To be more specific, slightly different Tohlobaria meant for everbody and it is nonsense to got switch in Camp menu everytime when we do something differently... So we was talking about that before, but if you do not mind, what if I will make different mod based on Tohlobaria?

eldrake said:
I was looking at those pavises... Well I do not like those... Did not realise before Tohlobaria using them.
Well but I do not want to speak about those... But I see kind of crossing.

Whether it's pavises, kite shields or heater shields, the run animations even in the vanilla game often look rather odd with such large shields held horizontally.

It would be nice to have animations where the shields were always at least somewhat held in a protective position.

Meshugenerd said:
Have you thought about implementing the minimap? I find it very useful sometimes.

It's already included (you can see it during duels), but I hesitate to activate it everywhere (disrupts the immersion ? ).
Maybe as option in camp menu ?

And I simply cannot agree with that, I mean of course, your choice, I am respecting that. But at this point I just want to make something slightly different. To be more specific, slightly different Tohlobaria meant for everbody and it is nonsense to got switch in Camp menu everytime when we do something differently... So we was talking about that before, but if you do not mind, what if I will make different mod based on Tohlobaria?

I totally validate your point of view, and I encourage you to make your own mod (based on Tohlobaria or not), because you don't really need  anyone's help to accomplish your goals. Your "Animations pack" is a mod in itself (think to spread it as OSP). Consider me as a team member in your future mod (I will try to help you as best as I can), and of course you can use  all Tohlobaria files (current and future) at will.

It would be nice to have animations where the shields were always at least somewhat held in a protective position.

Jakobhind's Sayazn and maybe Rome at war have done a great job regarding shields animations, I may have to take a look at them (and steal some ...ahem..."ideas" :shifty: )
Edit : I'll probably include the shield shown in your avatar (I think it's from Lithuanian  osp or something like that ? I lost that osp somewhere  :facepalm:), any idea where I can find something similar ?

I totally validate your point of view, and I encourage you to make your own mod (based on Tohlobaria or not), because you don't really need  anyone's help to accomplish your goals. Your "Animations pack" is a mod in itself (think to spread it as OSP). Consider me as a team member in your future mod (I will try to help you as best as I can), and of course you can use  all Tohlobaria files (current and future) at will.

Man you are realy realy great... Just want to say I want it based on Tohlobaria, just for that reason, well i told you what I love on this mod already, but sometimes I realy want to deconstruct whole thing and build it again polished way to avoid bugs, becouse you know, I am stickler. I want to realise my idea about companions, hope you remember what I mean. Return snow and sand... Add that Decapitate and Dismember thing, and adding OSPs uninhibited. So by time I will make new threat on forum ofc, but I will stay in touch and share whatever I will make, maybe you will use it or not, up on you... And yeah I am not afraid to ask for your help so hope you meant that :wink:

I want to warn you, it will be very hard to use my module system (given its chaotic state), even me I get lost sometimes :lol:, so I wish you good luck.
As already mentioned, I'm already a member of your team (at least it's a golden opportunity to make a video play-through of Tohlobaria  without playing my own mod  :mrgreen:).

fladin said:
It's already included (you can see it during duels), but I hesitate to activate it everywhere (disrupts the immersion ? ).
Maybe as option in camp menu ?

Jakobhind's Sayazn and maybe Rome at war have done a great job regarding shields animations, I may have to take a look at them (and steal some ...ahem..."ideas" :shifty: )
Edit : I'll probably include the shield shown in your avatar (I think it's from Lithuanian  osp or something like that ? I lost that osp somewhere  :facepalm:), any idea where I can find something similar ?

I think including it in the camp menu under mod options would be a great idea.

The shield in my avatar is from ACOK, but  I don't know what OSP it's from. In that mod there are two variants, one called braavos shield, and one called braavos shield big. It's a great size for infantry and the modelwork and texturing is very nice.

Back
Top Bottom