SP Fantasy Tohlobaria (v0.8 is out!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Enjoying this very much. Thank you for your hard work.

I just got knocked out in a battle and after a period of time I came back as a reinforcement. Is there a simple way for me to stop that happening?

Currently there's no way to disable this feature, but I'll add an option to deactivate it in the next release

This is mostly done to allow  player to recover and resume  -prolonged- battle (with a minimum of hit points)
It's  made especially for the famous siege bug (when some remaining enemy soldiers stuck somewhere and  your soldiers are unable to reach them  :mad:...)

Progress report :
Nothing special, continuing to adapt/retexture new armors and testing the game in depth...

Cavalry flanking :
EtljlTb.jpg

The Sultan with his battle armor :
yScxvgI.jpg

and his "ceremonial" clothes :
wixC8J7.jpg

This mod becomes really hardcore (my whole army has been crushed very easly):
pkrzy3i.jpg

Thank you for all your support and encouragement :smile:

Antoni said:
one of my favorite mod, but i cant figure out how to complete the main mission.

Where are you stuck in the quest ?

BTW , I found a funny bug when testing shield bash script  :grin: :

fladin said:
Antoni said:

i didn't play it for some time so i forget the detail.
after the queen's guard give me a quest to find some one, i think. i can't remember it.

fladin said:
Ah ok ... by the way  this isn't really the main quest  :mrgreen:
I will make sure, in the next releases, that the quests will be less confused ...
oke, thank you. i'll wait that.

fladin said:
Thank you for all your support and encouragement :smile:

Antoni said:

BTW , I found a funny bug when testing shield bash script  :grin: :

That's not a bug that's a feature  :lol:

If my buddy whomped me with his shield I'd definitely whomp him back!

:grin: already "fixed" !

Progress report :

- So, shield bashing is now fully functional

- Spear + shield  conbination are now more effective, also for  pikes and the others polearms ...
Jyray07.jpg
NyzuowI.jpg

- Half swording : press "x", and every two handed/bastard sword can become "hand and half sword", a dangerous thrusting sword.

Now that's done, there'll be spearmen everywhere  :mrgreen:

starting by changing these  unrealistic afirid two handed swordsmen (light armor with two handed sabre = suicide against horse archers, and I can see jokes coming ) to spearmen/javeliners troops
9lUtIeG.jpg

tumblr_nuj0ptqvuu1s59mrko1_500.gif

Wait wait wait what?

You actually made spear and shield combos USEFUL!?

You made them be able to properly fight and not do the whole "thrust awkwardly and then get duped with the animation?!"

And, for overhead spear stabs you actually managed to fix the hitbox of it to where overhead swings were preferable?

There's no way you've done that without black voodoo magic and the sacrifices of many virgins and walruses alike. That's like curing cancer in this game.

Like I've seen the overhead stab thing with shields but that often replaces animations for swords too (which, mind you works rather nicely but sometimes it can be weird looking.)

Please post a video. I must see this.

I thought spear uselessness was already settled, and most of the new (and "big") mods have some  improved spear animations, especially "spear based formations" mods like brytenwalda (long ago) , fires of war  , rome at war (100% ok), ...
I did  it just to catch up  a little bit my lateness  :oops: and  it's still not as good as the others mods (anyway, this is supposed to be a late medieval game, then Tohlobaria is a more "poleaxes"  mod than spears + shields)

Inspired by that from brytenwalda (but mine still worse of course)

So, I simply increased the speed and the damage of spears (too lazy for complicated things), the result is  not bad at all ! 

fladin said:
I thought spear uselessness was already settled, and most of the new (and "big") mods have some  improved spear animations, especially "spear based formations" mods like brytenwalda (long ago) , fires of war  , rome at war (100% ok), ...
I did  it just to catch up  a little bit my lateness  :oops: and  it's still not as good as the others mods (anyway, this is supposed to be a late medieval game, then Tohlobaria is a more "poleaxes"  mod than spears + shields)

Inspired by that from brytenwalda (but mine still worse of course)

So, I simply increased the speed and the damage of spears (too lazy for complicated things), the result is  not bad at all !

Yeah, the issue Brytenwalda still had was the spear stutter as I called it and that the AI wouldn't really know how to do the formations properly.

But if you increased speed that ought to have fixed it; as it was way too slow with the stutter.

Very tasty animations. If you can make the spears be grabbed lower(increasing their height in OpenBRF might do the trick), I believe you are going to have a very sweet stabbing motion. Anyway, it looks really fluid and continuous, you have put me to shame.  :oops:

Comrade Crimson said:
Yeah, the issue Brytenwalda still had was the spear stutter as I called it and that the AI wouldn't really know how to do the formations properly.

But if you increased speed that ought to have fixed it; as it was way too slow with the stutter.

but even like that they remain less efficient than the swordsmen
(but adequate for cheap low tier troops)
I was impressed by the efficiency of spearmen in  "1257 ad" mod (there kicking you down to earth and piercing you to the death with their  spears...)
that's why I add the shield bash  :mrgreen:
in short, spearman (and pikeman) is good in groups (formation) but very vulnerables in  1 vs 1 duel

ahh love spear units nice addition

Thanks  :smile:

Very tasty animations. If you can make the spears be grabbed lower(increasing their height in OpenBRF might do the trick), I believe you are going to have a very sweet stabbing motion. Anyway, it looks really fluid and continuous, you have put me to shame.

It's your mod (that prompted me to add spearmen (pure jealousy  :shifty:)
you have added new animations (I loved the overhead spear) and improved the whole thing while I only  increased spear speed  :oops:

Awww, I am very happy and honoured that I have inspired something. Yours is truly a great animation, though, as I said, I really love how fluid it is. And also, spears FTW!  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom