Thorgrim's Map Editor v0.9.0 (Updated 20/06/2008)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meedean said:
Hello,

I'm having an issue where the menus in Thorgrim's Map Editor v0.9.0 are completely blank. I can't import or export because it looks like this: http://www.mediafire.com/file/y8833p5j2twg611/Thorgrin%27s_Map_Editor_Error.PNG

Anyone else run into this problem? What might be the solution? I've reinstalled the utility multiple times to no avail. I've also set the path to the module I'm working with, so it doesn't seem like a path issue.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks.

Thorgrims will only import bmp or obj files from its mapdata subfolder. It will also only load map.txt files from module folders of the version of M&B (not Warband) set up in its path.

Thank you for replying.

The files are BMPs and are placed in the mapData folder as per the tutorial instructions.

The path is set to: mbPath=E:/Program Files/steamapps/common/MountBlade Warband

Thorgrim's Map Editor is installed in: E:\Program Files\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\M&BMapEditor

Am I missing anything in the path?

It just seems like the program can't find its menu options. The menu button is blank just like the options dialog box.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/243w131h467qv1b/Thorgrin%27s_Map_Editor_Menu_Error_2.png/file

https://www.mediafire.com/view/1e2dt31agq4lo6y/Thorgrin%27s_Map_Editor_Menu_Options_Error.png/file

Much obliged, thanks!

I setup the tool and its working as it should but whenever i try to import a custom map tool crashes. Why it acts like that and how can i fix this? (Map im trying to import is a world map maybe it crashes because of its size  :neutral:)

Sweet Smile Of Pain said:
I setup the tool and its working as it should but whenever i try to import a custom map tool crashes. Why it acts like that and how can i fix this? (Map im trying to import is a world map maybe it crashes because of its size  :neutral:)

Possibly. How large is it? The largest mesh I’ve imported into Thorgrims map editor was 320,000 polys. As Warband maps are typically less than 100,000 polys its rare to stretch Thorgrims on size. If it’s too big for Thorgrims, it will crash Warband. The largest Warband map I’ve made was 142,000 polys.

PS Thorgrims needs fully triangulated obj files for import.

Then I doubt it can be too large. Edit map.txt with notepad. What is the first number? That will be your number of vertices. Polys will be approx. twice that or you could search through your map.txt for the number of polys, which is the next number after all your vertices are listed.

Thorgrims should be able to load any map.txt file that Warband can. However, it must be loaded from an M&B module folder, not its Warband one. That module folder must also have a module.ini file and a parties.txt file.

Silly question but do i need to copy module.ini and parties.txt from M&B 1.011 or from my warband module?

You can use your Warband ones. Thorgrim's only uses/updates the coordinates for the map border in module.ini. Re parties.txt the main issue is Warband's one uses map icons with different references to those used in M&B for common icons and a number of newer icons can't be found in M&B - this restricts your ability to move parties in the map editor. To combat this you just need to edit the copy of your Warband parties.txt and replace the number after the party's name (i.e. for p_town_1 the number immediately after Sargoth). Replace the location parties number with 4219916 and replace the bridge parties number with 541739. To revert back just use Thorgrim's parties.txt with the original module_parties.py and HokieBT's update module parties utility - it'll transfer the location changes etc. without modifying the icons used in Warband's module_parties.py.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,45772.0.html

I can load calradia map but if my map is corrupt how can other map tools and game itself can run it?  :???:

True. Try repositioning to the centre of Calradia in Thorgrims and then loading your map. If you see it, then your previous problem could be that you loaded to a viewing position outside of your map area - potentially incorrect map border coordinates in module.ini and or map size in the Thorgrims config file although the later should only be used when you create a new map. Otherwise, I have no idea what your problem is.

Greetings, first time modder here. I have successfully installed Thorgrims Map Editor. (at least to my knowledge!). There are 2 problems that i currently have:

1. I cannot extend the red or yellow borders.
2. I cannot select any entity besides Halmar/Tulga.

If anyone could help me with this issues i would greatly appreciate it, cheers! :grin:

BigBertha said:
Greetings, first time modder here. I have successfully installed Thorgrims Map Editor. (at least to my knowledge!). There are 2 problems that i currently have:

1. I cannot extend the red or yellow borders.
2. I cannot select any entity besides Halmar/Tulga.

If anyone could help me with this issues i would greatly appreciate it, cheers! :grin:

You need to be in Selection mode before you can drag the red camera borders. The yellow borders are set a distance from the red borders when the map was created based on the settings - they move when you move the red borders.

Thorgrims was written for use with M&B, not Warband. Warband uses map icons with different ID numbers from those used by M&B and Thorgrims. See previous advice:

NPC99 said:
Silly question but do i need to copy module.ini and parties.txt from M&B 1.011 or from my warband module?

You can use your Warband ones. Thorgrim's only uses/updates the coordinates for the map border in module.ini. Re parties.txt the main issue is Warband's one uses map icons with different references to those used in M&B for common icons and a number of newer icons can't be found in M&B - this restricts your ability to move parties in the map editor. To combat this you just need to edit the copy of your Warband parties.txt and replace the number after the party's name (i.e. for p_town_1 the number immediately after Sargoth). Replace the location parties number with 4219916 and replace the bridge parties number with 541739. To revert back just use Thorgrim's parties.txt with the original module_parties.py and HokieBT's update module parties utility - it'll transfer the location changes etc. without modifying the icons used in Warband's module_parties.py.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,45772.0.html

Thank you for the reply. However, when I'm in selection mode, any attempts to drag the red border leads me to end up selecting one of the two towns instead. I'm really stuck as to what exactly I'm doing wrong. Thank you again for your aid!

Back
Top Bottom