This is what a changelog should look like...

Users who are viewing this thread

Why would Taleworld's need funding? They have Paradox as publishers to lend a hand if need be and the profit from both M&B and Warband.

Sich Studio is the culprit.

MadocComadrin said:
Sich Studio is the culprit.

129011506228228692.jpg

Shingles said:
MadocComadrin said:
Then it's whichever individual team they funded's glorified mod.

TaleWorlds?

Edit: Nevermind, it was Sich, Taleworlds, and "CD Projekt" according to wikipedia. I don't quite recognize that last one...
CD Projekt is Publisher in Poland for Polish version.
1C is Publisher for Russian version for Ukraine/Russia.

Shingles said:
Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
WFAS is considered to be the third installment of the M&B series, so if they were churning out changelogs as long as a freaking physic engine overhauls every time a new patch comes along, I'll say that something is very wrong with the game. Recall that Minecraft is still in the process of putting in new stuff, and therefore more liable for new bugs to appear, and thus has more bugs to squash, in turn leading to the diarrhea of a changelog. WFAS only introduced a couple of new features on top of the old ones (which still has stubborn bugs to them) and are using the feedbacks to make it work better.

WFaS is a steaming pile of ****. It requires "changelogs as long as a freaking physics engine" but doesn't get them, thus making it a total waste of money. I hate the bugs in the quests, I hate the bugs in the castle sieges, I hate the bugs in the basic combat, and I REALLY hate that I paid for all of it. Minecraft was free on a private server and gets new features and bug fixes more often than your wife gets strange.

Either TaleWorlds/those-other-guys-who-did-WFaS are serious about their business customers, or they're not. From most of our perspectives, they're just not.

Edit: and it's a great thing that the guys behind Floris and Brytenwalda still care about their creations, now THOSE are excellent games.
Edit2: and so no one calls me a no-good flamer, I have 55 hours on WFaS, over 350 on WB, and I am intensely dissatisfied with WFaS. I really do hope it fixes itself.
Most of the bugs there (except the combat one.... actually including the combat ones if you include some of the community's more ambitious mods) are as old as the first M&B, in other words, uncrushable bugs. Nasty nasty things those. This most of the time is due to the way the engine works. Frustrating as hell to fix, as most of the ones I have seen require so much trial and error to get it right. Therefore, for me, from the very start, I've thought of WFAS as a Mod that is being beta tested, and thus my initial reluctance to call it the third M&B installment. Should had put quotation marks over it or something.

Armagan's MO is to usually gather lots of bug reports and release a huge patch that either fixes or breaks the game once in a while, but if you already have put in 50 hours to the game, I agree. It's taking em too long to churn this one out. But I suspect that Armagan's only partially involved in the aftermarket care of this game? Also, small patches are usually just small things like tweaked values and misspellings. You will not notice it unless you are quite familiar with the engine.

In conclusion, I'm not buying WFAS until people like you say it's finally ready. Never really liked being a beta tester.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
Most of the bugs there (except the combat one.... actually including the combat ones if you include some of the community's more ambitious mods) are as old as the first M&B, in other words, uncrushable bugs. Nasty nasty things those. This most of the time is due to the way the engine works. ...

Hm all (real) Bugs can be crushed if enough time/work is put into them
(of course sometimes this might be so much time/work, that it might not be economically feasible to try to crush them
[and might have to involve thorough analysis of sourcecode/states of the software])
if they de facto are totally impossible to be crushed they are rather faults in the design of the software 

The engine was never perfect to begin with. A lot of things were limited via hardcoding (out-datedly speaking from the first M&B) and modders just came up with ways to bypass them to implement new stuff. These methods are usually shaky at best in the beginning and laden with unforeseen bugs. They lead to many, many funny bugs. :lol:

Edit : also forgot to state my stance in this. It's basically this:

ComingWinter said:
Armagan said:
The release of Warband has brought out the shortcomings of our planning and production capabilities but our entire team is working on a very substantial patch at the moment and we hope to make it up to our players by post-release support. We want to make sure that Warband will be a stellar product with excellent gameplay and features and we'll do everything in our power to attain that goal.

I'd much rather you see fix Warband [which you started] than WFAS - which is nothing more than a glorified mod.

With Respect,

Armagan said:
The release of Warband has brought out the shortcomings of our planning and production capabilities but our entire team is working on a very substantial patch at the moment and we hope to make it up to our players by post-release support. We want to make sure that Warband will be a stellar product with excellent gameplay and features and we'll do everything in our power to attain that goal.

I'd much rather you see fix Warband [which you started] than WFAS - which is nothing more than a glorified mod.

With Respect,

Bratislav said:
Archonsod said:
Political correctness can bite my shiny metal ass.
no wonder game is going to hell, look at admin's behaviour :S... Like some huligan from the street.
I'd like to step in and say the community doesn't help much either, aside from hading over the dough.
I'll let everyone interpret "community" as they seem fit. Those who matter will understand.

I'd also like to make ComingWinter's words mine.

original said:
Yes although Taleworlds is an indie company, they really should improve a few areas of their company. Better quality control to prevent obvious bugs from appearing on the game, better communication with players, and a more professional changelog in a patch. Another indie company that made Minecraft can do things as professional as possible, why not Taleworlds?

At least they do communicate with the players not like some other companies, and why does some people on this forum compare this game to minecraft? this is no where near similar

Archonsod said:
Bratislav said:
Archonsod said:
Political correctness can bite my shiny metal ass.
no wonder game is going to hell, look at admin's behaviour :S... Like some huligan from the street.

I AM a hooligan from the street :lol:
I've gotta ask, where are you from? :grin:, are you an english, irish, scotish kind of person? :grin:

Archonsod said:
GJScarritt said:
  That's one big plus for Notch of Minecraft.  He's constantly communicating the love and enjoyment he has for his games to his player base.  ALL of his player base.
And given what a bunch of ****s it attracted, I don't blame other developers for not following suite.

Well, in my experience, the more mainstream games tend to attract the ****s. But you know, sometimes ****s can be useful! :lol:

Armagan said:
I apologize for Arch's post above. We really appreciate the support our players have given us so far and have nothing but respect for our community.

What a moron, I'll just put my response to this non-sense here.

Austupaio said:
Armagan said:
I apologize for Arch's post above. We really appreciate the support our players have given us so far and have nothing but respect for our community.

What a moron, I'll just put my response to this non-sense here.

I'm not sure if I understood you. Did you call Armagan a moron??? If so, you're just stupid. He is the one that started everything! Thanks to him, you can now post in this forum! Oh, and have lots of fun in the game he created! If I missunderstood you, I'm sorry.

caddux said:
I'm not sure if I understood you. Did you call Armagan a moron??? If so, you're just stupid. He is the one that started everything! Thanks to him, you can now post in this forum! Oh, and have lots of fun in the game he created! If I missunderstood you, I'm sorry.
Read his post in that other thread about the petition to get Archonsod back
as admin, then it completely makes sense.

Regards

Armagan said:
The release of WFAS has brought out the shortcomings of our planning and production capabilities but our entire team is working on a very substantial patch at the moment and we hope to make it up to our players by post-release support.
No offense, but considering how buggy and half-assed M&B and Warband were, I think your shortcomings have been long established. I don't suppose your entire team is ever going to look back and fix those, are they?

Wha- Shat, you know I love you and all, but wut? M&B and WB have their share of bugs, sure, but half-assed? Indeed no. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom