This is what a changelog should look like...

Users who are viewing this thread

MadocComadrin said:
Armagan said:
I apologize for Arch's post above. We really appreciate the support our players have given us so far and have nothing but respect for our community.

The release of WFAS has brought out the shortcomings of our planning and production capabilities but our entire team is working on a very substantial patch at the moment and we hope to make it up to our players by post-release support. We want to make sure that WFAS will be a stellar product with excellent gameplay and features and we'll do everything in our power to attain that goal.

WFaS was a distraction at best: you should have focused on your next project and let Snowberry handle this by themselves.

As for what happened to Archonsod: this will be taken just as poorly as the swear filter. There was no wisdom in this decision whatsoever. Thank you for degrading the very forums that help breath life into your games.
"One day, somebodys gonna have to make a stand. One day, somebodys gonna have to say enough."

Also I like how the Off-Topic flooded this thread :lol:

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
Hush you. What done is now done. Big man there is thinking in a broader spectrum. As usual, we just got too comfortable.

How often do you see Armagan browsing the forums? We didn't get too comfortable; Armagan just doesn't know enough about us.

MadocComadrin said:
As for what happened to Archonsod: this will be taken just as poorly as the swear filter. There was no wisdom in this decision whatsoever. Thank you for degrading the very forums that help breath life into your games.

As someone old enough to be a parent to some of the folks here, and whose boss would terminate me without blinking if I dropped the "c" word in front of paying customers, I am going to have to back Armagan here. If you're working for a company or if you represent that company in some capacity you do not have absolute freedom of speech while on their time. I think the right call was made. Now Arch can drop whatever bombs he wants to, and get reported if people so choose to like everyone else, but he won't be dropping those bombs on Taleworlds dime or time. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things.

MadocComadrin said:
Hush you. What done is now done. Big man there is thinking in a broader spectrum. As usual, we just got too comfortable.

How often do you see Armagan browsing the forums? We didn't get too comfortable; Armagan just doesn't know enough about us.
First post in 2011, apologizing to new clients. Think about it.

Auldman said:
As someone old enough to be a parent to some of the folks here, and whose boss would terminate me without blinking if I dropped the "c" word in front of paying customers. I am going to have to back Armagan here. If you're working for a company or if you represent that company in some capacity you do not have absolute freedom of speech while on their time. I think the right call was made. Now Arch can drop whatever bombs he wants to, and get reported if people so choose to like everyone else, but he won't be dropping those bombs on Taleworlds dime or time. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things.

You're under the impression that the admins are paid: it's completely volunteer. The only time swearing is a reportable offense here is flaming or spam. Arch's posts fits neither of those.

There's a word you'll have to get used to. ****. This is a word that many people do not like, but you have to understand the English.

In England, the word **** is punctuation

Have to say I called my clients a hell of a lot worse. But then most of them were Australian :lol:

Archonsod said:
Auldman said:
he won't be dropping those bombs on Taleworlds dime or time. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things.
It was never Taleworld's dime or time, that's one of the reason there's so few moderators.

Regardless, when you're on here as an administrator that is representing them and if they do not feel that your casual use of expletives represents a good image for them they can pull the plug at any time- employee or volunteer.

And just for the record I've used expletives myself in casual company including the "c" word but I don't do it when I represent someone or work for someone or directly at customers or minors.

We could argue all day about this though and my mind still would not be changed. The right decision was made. You may be a perfectly good guy in most respects, I don't really know you, but you were out of line and that was not the first time as I've observed.

This is casual company. This isn't some sort of fluorescent lit business with no emotion; this is a big-old dysfunctional family.

Like I said before, he wasn't out of line: what he said was perfectly within the bounds of the forum rules.

Hm. It's ofcourse Armagan's decision but I really think people generally are waaaay too prissy about "naughty words". Words typed out on an internet forum only hurt those who choose to be hurt by them.

And face it. Those people are ****s.

BigBiker05 said:
http://www.taleworlds.com/

M&B With Fire and Sword Version 1.140 Patch Released

Change log for patch 1140:

Turkish and German language options added!
    Various other bug fixes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/5775170768 ... st-for-1-6

Minecraft Beta 1.6 is getting release later this week.

Here’s the changelist so far:

1.6:

+ Added Nether support to multiplayer
+ Added craftable maps
+ Added hatches
+ Added tall grass in some biomes
+ Mushrooms now spreads (very) slowly
+ Added server property view-distance. Sets the radius of terrain updates (in chunks) to send to the players. Range 3-15, default 10.

* It’s no longer possible to build solid blocks on the top layer of the maps (sorry!)
* Players stuck in walls will slide towards the nearest gap if there is one
* Made booster tracks speedier
* Severely nerfed fire so it spread slower, and doesn’t spread infinitely
* Seeds are now found in tall grass, using a hoe on the ground no longer works
* Blocks destroyed by other players in multiplayer now shows the breaking block particle effect
* Activated dispensers make sounds and trigger particles in multiplayer
* Doors make sound for other players in multiplayer
* The record player now supports more than 15 different songs

* Fixed running out of memory corrupting the current level
* Fixed the side textures of grass getting extra dark when mining them
* Fixed anaglyph 3d rendering mode having severe visual bugs
* Fixed the crash screen vanishing immediately
* Fixed not being able to target blocks when at x or z pos 1000
* Fixed the achievements screen messing up the sky color
* Fixed saving while sneaking dropping the player through the ground
* Fixed a system clock change messing up the game speed
* Fixed rain sounds not playing with fast graphics enabled
* Fixed hair and cloaks being rendered in the wrong locations on sneaking players
* Fixed the attack/swing animation not being applied to the armor layer
* Fixed player rotation not being loaded correctly when loading a saved game
* Fixed arrow physics, making them not get stuck midair when you open a door
* Fixed arrows hitting reeds, portals, and other non-solid blocks
* Fixed keybindings not getting saved properly under certain conditions
* Fixed the player not being able to sneak off lowered blocks like cacti
* Fixed a bug where the player could mine without swinging their arm
* Fixed boats placed on snow being placed too far up
* Fixed submerged boats rising very very fast
* Fixed sand dropping onto boats getting stuck in a falling animation
* Fixed a game crash when riding a vehicle or animal into the nether
* Fixed falling while riding not dealing damage to the rider
* Fixed buttons and levers too close to the player being impossible to use
* Fixed dispensers shooting through walls
* Fixed fire hurting through wall corners
* Fixed entities reaching water through wall corners
* Fixed placing doors next to cacti creating half-doors
* Fixed buttons and levers being placeable on leaves in “fast graphics” mode
* Fixed furnaces and dispensers not dropping their contents when destroyed
* Fixed dispensers biasing later slots
* Fixed farmland taking too long to dig
* Fixed tilling below some blocks being possible
* Fixed tilling the underside of blocks somehow working
* Fixed fences and stairs sometimes becoming invisible
* Fixed walking on top of fences not producing step sounds
* Fixed fire sometimes existing mid-air as an invisible block of pain
* Fixed fences and wooden stairs not being flammable
* Fixed fire effect on burning entities sometimes getting rendered in the wrong location
* Fixed fishing rod rendering being a bit lacking
* Fixed fishing rods being stackable
* Fixed mining glass hiding the clouds behind the glass
* Fixed rain falling through liquids
* Fixed items in glass blocks not getting ejected properly
* Fixed water interacting strangely with glass
* Fixed glass not blocking rain sound
* Fixed fences and signs preventing grass from growing
* Fixed rain and snow being incorrectly lit
* Fixed grass staying alive below stair blocks
* Fixed the achievement screen not pausing the game
* Fixed some screens breaking the sky tint color
* Fixed fullscreen mode switching causing mouse issues and screen closes
* Fixed chat messages surviving through game switches
* Fixed ice so it regenerates regardless of whether it’s snowing or not
* Fixed rain falling too slowly
* Fixed levers being placeable on weird locations
* Fixed floor levers sometimes not delivering a signal downwards
* Fixed floor levers sometimes not being removed when the floor is removed
* Fixed rail tiles sometimes not properly connecting to a new neighbor
* Fixed minecarts next to each other causing extreme velocities (sorry!)
* Fixed wolves not following their owner if the name has different caps
* Fixed creepers retaining charge level when they can’t see their target
* Fixed dying in the nether spawning new portals
* “Fixed” beds in the nether
* Fixed inventory acting weird when portaling by making the portal close all screens
* Fixed wooden pressure plates being mined with pickaxes
* Fixed redstone repeaters having the wrong particles
* Fixed saplings being plantable through snow onto non-grass blocks
* Fixed ore density varying per quadrant from the center of the world
* Fixed dispenser graphics being one pixel off. ONE PIXEL!!!
* Fixed mushrooms spawning everywhere during nights
* Fixed animals only spawning near light during the night
* Fixed the multiplayer join screen input field being too short
* Fixed IPv6 addresses being parsed wrongly. To connect to a specific port in IPv6, use the format [1234:567::1]:25565
* Fixed network packets being sent unbuffered, causing huge amounts of packets being sent
* Fixed entity positions going out of synch sometimes. They get re-synched every 20 seconds now.
* Fixed inventory icons not animating after being picked up in multiplayer
* Fixed mushroom soup not leaving a bowl in multiplayer
* Fixed entities above the map height limit becoming invisible
* Fixed healing not flashing the health bar in multiplayer
* Fixed arrows being animated really strangely in multiplayer
* Fixed arrows triggering too many entity move updates in multiplayer
* Fixed the compass not pointing at the spawn location in multiplayer
* Fixed fires being impossible to put out in multiplayer
* Fixed record players spawning client-side fake records in multiplayer
* Fixed records not playing for other players in multiplayer
* Fixed players spawning in the wrong location and quickly lerping to the correct location
* Fixed monsters not being visible for players with their difficulty set to peaceful
* Fixed pigs getting hit by lightning in multiplayer spawning client-side zombie pigmen
* Fixed loads of exploding tnt generating way too many particles, possibly crashing the client
* Fixed bonemeal use in multiplayer sometimes spawning fake client-side trees
* Fixed saplings sometimes spawning trees client-side in multiplayer
* Fixed weather sometimes changing client-side in multiplayer
* Fixed grasscolor.png and foliagecolor.png not being read from texture packs
* Fixed stats getting saved to different files in offline mode if the caps in the player name differ from the true spelling
And finally to get to an on topic post to the issue at hand, the changelog. I might risk a warn or a ban here but I'm too tired to give a ****.

Firstly, may I start by urging you to shove your beta game's changelog up your ass?

WFAS is considered to be the third installment of the M&B series, so if they were churning out changelogs as long as a freaking physic engine overhauls every time a new patch comes along, I'll say that something is very wrong with the game. Recall that Minecraft is still in the process of putting in new stuff, and therefore more liable for new bugs to appear, and thus has more bugs to squash, in turn leading to the diarrhea of a changelog. WFAS only introduced a couple of new features on top of the old ones (which still has stubborn bugs to them) and are using the feedbacks to make it work better. Personally I bought minecraft at early Alpha, and the changelogs back then would be at least double or triple to what you have up there, with Notch fixing up both singleplayer and multiplayer bugs at the same time. A long and mundanely detailed changelog does not make it better.

Auldman said:
Archonsod said:
Auldman said:
he won't be dropping those bombs on Taleworlds dime or time. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things.
It was never Taleworld's dime or time, that's one of the reason there's so few moderators.

Regardless, when you're on here as an administrator that is representing them and if they do not feel that your casual use of expletives represents a good image for them they can pull the plug at any time- employee or volunteer.

And just for the record I've used expletives myself in casual company including the "c" word but I don't do it when I represent someone or work for someone or directly at customers or minors.

We could argue all day about this though and my mind still would not be changed. The right decision was made. You may be a perfectly good guy in most respects, I don't really know you, but you were out of line and that was not the first time as I've observed.

[quote author=In loving memory of George Patrick Carlin]
****, Piss, ****, ****, Cocksucker, Mother****er, Tits.[/quote]

MadocComadrin said:
This isn't some sort of fluorescent lit business with no emotion; this is a big-old dysfunctional family.
sigged for the lolz

AWdeV said:
Hm. It's ofcourse Armagan's decision but I really think people generally are waaaay too prissy about "naughty words". Words typed out on an internet forum only hurt those who choose to be hurt by them.

And face it. Those people are ****s.
This, and heck, I even try to avoid swearing unless I feel it's necessary. It may be strong language, but no word is inherently bad or evil.

Also, I think it's a rather poor idea to jump to removing admin for this incident. Admins and mods have been warned before: skipping parts of the system just shows Armagan's lack of familiarity with the forums.

Auldman said:

I'm not complaining :lol: I might now actually have time to play the damn game rather than watch these boards :wink:

WFAS is considered to be the third installment of the M&B series, so if they were churning out changelogs as long as a freaking physic engine overhauls every time a new patch comes along, I'll say that something is very wrong with the game. Recall that Minecraft is still in the process of putting in new stuff, and therefore more liable for new bugs to appear, and thus has more bugs to squash, in turn leading to the diarrhea of a changelog. WFAS only introduced a couple of new features on top of the old ones (which still has stubborn bugs to them) and are using the feedbacks to make it work better.

WFaS is a steaming pile of ****. It requires "changelogs as long as a freaking physics engine" but doesn't get them, thus making it a total waste of money. I hate the bugs in the quests, I hate the bugs in the castle sieges, I hate the bugs in the basic combat, and I REALLY hate that I paid for all of it. Minecraft was free on a private server and gets new features and bug fixes more often than your wife gets strange.

Either TaleWorlds/those-other-guys-who-did-WFaS are serious about their business customers, or they're not. From most of our perspectives, they're just not.

Edit: and it's a great thing that the guys behind Floris and Brytenwalda still care about their creations, now THOSE are excellent games.
Edit2: and so no one calls me a no-good flamer, I have 55 hours on WFaS, over 350 on WB, and I am intensely dissatisfied with WFaS. I really do hope it fixes itself.

Shingles said:
WFaS is a steaming pile of ****. It requires "changelogs as long as a freaking physics engine" but doesn't get them, thus making it a total waste of money. I hate the bugs in the quests, I hate the bugs in the castle sieges, I hate the bugs in the basic combat, and I REALLY hate that I paid for all of it. Minecraft was free on a private server and gets new features and bug fixes more often than your wife gets strange.

Either TaleWorlds/those-other-guys-who-did-WFaS are serious about their business customers, or they're not. From most of our perspectives, they're just not.

Things like this make me think that Archonsod wasnt harsh enough  :lol: :lol:

Shingles said:
WFAS is considered to be the third installment of the M&B series, so if they were churning out changelogs as long as a freaking physic engine overhauls every time a new patch comes along, I'll say that something is very wrong with the game. Recall that Minecraft is still in the process of putting in new stuff, and therefore more liable for new bugs to appear, and thus has more bugs to squash, in turn leading to the diarrhea of a changelog. WFAS only introduced a couple of new features on top of the old ones (which still has stubborn bugs to them) and are using the feedbacks to make it work better.

Edit: and it's a great thing that the guys behind Floris and Brytenwalda still care about their creations, now THOSE are excellent games.
Edit2: and so no one calls me a no-good flamer, I have 55 hours on WFaS, over 350 on WB, and I am intensely dissatisfied with WFaS. I really do hope it fixes itself.
I love how you compared the BETA Minecraft to Mount&Blade, when they had the same distribution system when the original M&B was in development. When it comes to M&B and Warband, TW cares, but WFaS is just Snowberry's glorified mod.

MadocComadrin said:
I love how you compared the BETA Minecraft to Mount&Blade, when they had the same distribution system when the original M&B was in development. When it comes to M&B and Warband, TW cares, but WFaS is just Snowberry's glorified mod.
Snowberry Connection is an international fund for financing & production of games from independent teams. They don't make games.

Back
Top Bottom