This becomes a meme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Cru$hthrough, okay, yeah, we had that, but REALLY?! What's this here? 111 swing speed? Another broken meme mechanic?!

throwing-axe.png

And what reasoning is there behind it? There is enough spamming and weird animations and all that already, we don't need more of it.
Oh, by the way, as far as I heard it, Throwing Axes also have damage modifier against shields.

Everyone complaining about the 12 GB patch, but soon we'll all be happy for freeing 70GB of space. I wonder if TW even ask the ppl it put in its closed beta about the changes. Cuz if so the beta team needs to change.

You would say that this update is a troll update, which would be understandable if it was done on the 1st of April. But it looks like this isn't a troll update :razz:

In terms of sheer killing power it's pretty weak but damn it does swing fast. Haven't tested thoroughly though.

EDIT: Aight I'm starting to think it's pretty OP

Last edited:
Is it one of those spammy weapons that doesn't let the opponent fight back?
You can tell that from the swing speed and tbf, it's that fast it's just plain annoying with all the spinning you can do in BL. Not really sure if it can hold it's own because of the reach, but you can still deal 20 damage to an armored opponent. Which makes this even more meme!

You can tell that from the swing speed and tbf, it's that fast it's just plain annoying with all the spinning you can do in BL. Not really sure if it can hold it's own because of the reach, but you can still deal 20 damage to an armored opponent. Which makes this even more meme!
It can still be really broken against most players. The Ranger Hatchet for battania was already pretty fast I can't imagine seeing how broken this thing is. Keep in mind that if the opponent tries to outrange you you can switch to throwing mode by skeying as well

It can still be really broken against most players. The Ranger Hatchet for battania was already pretty fast I can't imagine seeing how broken this thing is. Keep in mind that if the opponent tries to outrange you you can switch to throwing mode by skeying as well
You can do switch to throwing but in this devs actually did a good job. It resets your S-Key running speed, animation takes also a bit, it opens your block + you get staggered if you have ranged weapon and opponents get closed. This actually works. I didn't expect it either, but I found no way yet to abuse switch back to range and then do something useful with it yet.

You can do switch to throwing but in this devs actually did a good job. It resets your S-Key running speed, animation takes also a bit, it opens your block + you get staggered if you have ranged weapon and opponents get closed. This actually works. I didn't expect it either, but I found no way yet to abuse switch back to range and then do something useful with it yet.
Dont forget TW made this. Someone will find a way to abuse it.

No but in this case I can expect the low reach makes them not OP. I will test this afternoon and then reply.
The Sturgian ones seems weird but not OP, the vlandian francesca seems to be too strong in my opinion, i mean its not broken but its too strong for a ranged weapon used in melee mode.

Tbh though, I love that you can do this with the throwing axes now. It was so annoying getting stuck in that throwing weapon bump purgatory, because the opponent would just cancel your weapon switch every time. The animation for switching from throwing to melee is so much faster, and should be easier to pull off

Back
Top Bottom