The way of the marksman

Users who are viewing this thread

somand

Regular
Sorry if it was asked before, but i couldn't find anything.

The question is simple. Is becoming an horse archer a viable career in the wolrd of Talera? As far as I could see bows were nerfed from native and melee weapons enhanted.

I started as an horse archer, but in not really sure if I have done a good thing. I have to headshot 2-3 times enemies, or hit them 6-7 times with the best bow founded on shops. Instead, when I use a melee weapon(actually a two handed sword that add +2 to power strike and it does roughtly 45 damage), two swings are sufficient.

Against headless cavalry i just pinpointed 3 folks before running out of arrows....

Are there artifacts or high tier bows who are powerfull? Is intended to have archers not so effective? Am I just wrong? Should I bring wisperer of death(power draw) to higher values(actually 4-5)?

Sorry for my bad english. :grin:

From a non-CoT perspective, powerdraw affects damage up to four points past the requirements of the bow. The higher draw requirement the better the damage output afaik (that's not relying on the listed bow damage). And of course, archery skill over 200 (well, high anyway) tends to be a nice breakpoint for one-shot kills, all things being relative.

A melee weapon will usually be easier (more damaging per swing/shot) to smack someone down with, especially in your early career when your stats are low.

Back
Top Bottom