The RUSSIA thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Jhessail

Panzervixen
Grandmaster Knight
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23352688

Russian protest leader Alexei Navalny has been jailed for five years, for embezzlement from a timber firm.

Navalny had denied the charges, saying the trial was politically motivated.

The 37-year-old had been a leading campaigner against President Putin's United Russia party, and regularly blogged about corruption allegations.

The EU said the verdict posed "serious questions" about the state of Russian law. The US said it was "deeply disappointed".

Before he was handcuffed and led away, Navalny urged his supporters to continue his anti-corruption struggle, tweeting: "Don't sit around doing nothing."

Navalny has previously said he would like to stand for president one day.

He had recently registered his candidacy for the next mayor of Moscow, but his campaign team said that after the verdict he was withdrawing from the race, and called on his supporters to boycott the vote.

Good job, Russia, good job.

I am guessing he is being targeted by both the Russian government and a guy who worked in the timber company who got fired directly because of this blogger:

Opalev, who was the timber company's general director, got a suspended sentence in an expedited trial in December after pleading guilty to conspiring with Navalny.

Navalny insists Opalev framed him out of revenge: Navalny had recommended that Opalev be fired and that officials investigate potential corruption in his company, which had incurred 200 million rubles ($6 million) in losses by the time Navalny arrived in the region.

Throughout the trial, testimony of prosecution witnesses clashed with the core arguments of the indictment that claimed Navalny's work in Kirov led to the embezzlement. None of the managers at Kirovles who appeared in court, except for Opalev, was able to confirm that Navalny defrauded the company.

Navalny had long said he expected to be convicted, and in a final blog post before leaving Moscow for Kirov, he downplayed his personal importance to the wider opposition.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2013/07/18/russian_opposition_leader_alexei_navalny_sentenced_to_5_years_in_prison.html

While I don't know much about the case I am highly skeptical of the validity of the charges at this point.

Maybe our newest resident nationalist simply loves cheap vodka that much?

Arguably, if you want to drink yourself to an early death, there are few nations greater than Russia, at least statistically speaking.

Úlfheðinn said:

Arguably, if you want to drink yourself to an early death, there are few nations greater than Russia, at least statistically speaking.

Enjoy your in depth, crumbling, degenerate society.
Wodan bless Russia.​
You can insult Russia all you want, but in the end JESUS will make you PAY

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that this is all fabrication, to stop him from both exposing corruption and being a pain in the ass for the Putin regime.

Halwende said:
Halwende said:
Democracy is over-rated.
At least Russia is not a cess pit like most of Western Europe
Aaww, didn't Mommy hug you enough? Where do these angsty, wannabe-fascist teenagers spawn from?

Oh wow, this guy is getting better and better. Check his whiny post in the Say Cheese thread as well. Well on his way to a mental breakdown or just mixing up his troll-persona's?

Halwende said:
Úlfheðinn said:

Wodan bless Russia.​
You can insult Russia all you want, but in the end JESUS will make you PAY
I thought Jesus frowned on usury.
And your heathen ways will get you a time out mister. :O

Jhessail said:
Oh wow, this guy is getting better and better. Check his whiny post in the Say Cheese thread as well. Well on his way to a mental breakdown or just mixing up his troll-persona's?

Shut up! Stop the hate!!!!! Or I will finally end my life!
God bless Russia. Long live the Islamic conquest of Sweden. You girly Swedes have no one to protect you from the third world! WAKE UP

Halwende said:
You cannot because you have a white skin, only Muslims are Asians according to the majority of them.

There are plenty of white Muslims. Who can say whether Ulf will fulfill the prophecy and become the 12th Imam or not?

Halwende said:
Úlfheðinn said:
Halwende said:
Long live the Islamic conquest of Sweden.

Yep, I plan to become the Ayatollah of Sweden.

You cannot because you have a white skin, only Muslims are Asians according to the majority of them.

Nah, I am a black Swede, as black as night itself.

Moose! said:
Halwende said:

There are plenty of white Muslims. Who can say whether Ulf will fulfill the prophecy and become the 12th Imam or not?

Thank you for your support Moose, I will be sure to make you at least an adviser of some symbolic importance when I turn Sweden into an Islamic Republic.

I shall be Emir of Stockholm, you Halwende will be first among my conqubines! :3
Halwende said:
Úlfheðinn said:
Halwende said:
Long live the Islamic conquest of Sweden.

Yep, I plan to become the Ayatollah of Sweden.

Wut. Accordign to you maybe.
At one point Islam was one of the most racially diverse and accepting religions (now ceded to various christian sects) comprising semitic middle easterners, non-semitic middle easterners, North africans, west, east and south Africans, indians chinese and south east asians. it's the only Abrahamic religion to have passages related to accepting others despite physical differences. :/
Your ignorance is showing. Zip it up. ;P

Back
Top Bottom