The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how much work there is left until release. Would have been cool if he could post some kind progress chart.
But who am I to ask for anything when his doing it for free.

Have a nice weekend everyone :smile:

Playing the last Call of Juarez I came upon this song. Quite fitting, I think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auKPa5QW6Ow
The song itself should be public domain if you can find a recording old enough or an amateur one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Death

von_lidl said:
I wonder how much work there is left until release. Would have been cool if he could post some kind progress chart.
But who am I to ask for anything when his doing it for free.

Have a nice weekend everyone :smile:

That was pretty much what I intended to ask for, I might have phrased that badly. The vids make it seem like it's already at the playable state, so I wonder what will it take to let us see the first release, full or beta.

@HoJu, love the song  :grin: will definitely include it if it is public domain

@von_lidl, progress wise the main thing left to be done is scening - the mod will not really be playable until the vast majority of PoI scenes are done - this is because the recruitment system is entirely based around the ability of the player to visit these scenes and look for resources. Also I only really have two working battle scenes at the moment and ideally I would like to have at least 15 before release.

- The map is almost finished, troops & factions are not far from being finished,
- as for the coding side of things, the cover system is pretty much done, and the vehicles aren't far of from what I want them to be

So as you can see it is the scening side of things which will really determine when the mod gets released. I will probably release a new version of the scening pack which will feature the new map with all locations, then people can visit a scene that has not been done and create it. Its just that it takes me a while to upload the packs and the small number of scenes I receive from people barely make it worth it sadly

Alright thanks for the info Grandmaster. Good to see your making progress :smile:

As you remember I wanted to help make some scenes.
But I decided not to, because I found out I'm not that good at it  :lol:
I might as well leave it for someone who is better at it :p

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
I want to make one, but i cant even put a fence in the ground without ****ing things up.

This tutorial has an entry points overview, plus a nice video tutorial: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,260147.0.html

Also,
HoJu said:
I probably should try to finish the scene I started months ago.

:wink:

theres always the choice of having a pre-alpha alpha                                          i think  :roll:

It was a fun pre-alpha alpha, thirty minutes in i was a disembodied pair of legs in a thong leading a company of tank-riding bikini legs and was armed with a mp-40. And it was still more playable than some alphas i tested  :wink:

dont get mad i was just kidding , i had plenty of funz playing with the scening pack , trying to throw the grenade and realizing that it was a melee weapon etc...

NukeLiar said:
dont get mad i was just kidding , i had plenty of funz playing with the scening pack , trying to throw the grenade and realizing that it was a melee weapon etc...
Now it's obvious you're either trying to troll or don't have anything to add to the discussion here. Please leave.

I just wanted to say I find it funny that the supreme commander of the last remnant of the US armed forces is a French guy.

PS.
Any screenshots of the Confederates yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom