Matchmaking mmr needs to be fixed

Users who are viewing this thread

Matim

Sergeant at Arms
Summary: Well explained in this thread https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/matchmaking-mmr-does-not-work.462355/ by troechka but was posted in multiplayer board and not fixed. You can also check out my stats Matim#6816 since I topscore for my team every other match, my win/loss is 460 to 308, I started as Sergant rank back in December I think, now I am bronze II.

So the big problem is that matches are unbalanced, you get high div competitive players and me in one team vs new players in the other team very often. The way we deal with it right now is that we circumvent your dodge punishment by alt-f4 thus avoiding the mmr loss or cooldown in order to roll remotely playable matches that are not complete stomps.

There needs to be a very simple, transparent and reliable mmr system that increases if your winrate is above 50% and as your mmr grows matchmaker balances it out by putting stronger and stronger opponents in the enemy team not yours. It should be kept in mind when making that system that most of the new players coming to matchmaking will be significantly weaker even than low performing but regular players (unless you can detect that they have many hours in bannerlord multiplayer before matchmaking).

Until that's done there shall be a 60% winrate bronze 2 terror ravaging the poor new skirmish players known as Matim
Paired up with bronze high div, competitive players in one team. Vs people with 5 hours in multiplayer in the other team.

Summary: Well explained in this thread https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/matchmaking-mmr-does-not-work.462355/ by troechka but was posted in multiplayer board and not fixed. You can also check out my stats Matim#6816 since I topscore for my team every other match, my win/loss is 460 to 308, I started as Sergant rank back in December I think, now I am bronze II.

So the big problem is that matches are unbalanced, you get high div competitive players and me in one team vs new players in the other team very often. The way we deal with it right now is that we circumvent your dodge punishment by alt-f4 thus avoiding the mmr loss or cooldown in order to roll remotely playable matches that are not complete stomps.

There needs to be a very simple, transparent and reliable mmr system that increases if your winrate is above 50% and as your mmr grows matchmaker balances it out by putting stronger and stronger opponents in the enemy team not yours. It should be kept in mind when making that system that most of the new players coming to matchmaking will be significantly weaker even than low performing but regular players (unless you can detect that they have many hours in bannerlord multiplayer before matchmaking).

Until that's done there shall be a 60% winrate bronze 2 terror ravaging the poor new skirmish players known as Matim
Paired up with bronze high div, competitive players in one team. Vs people with 5 hours in multiplayer in the other team.
Which platform are you finding Skirmish games on ranked???

Back
Top Bottom