The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Docm30 said:
Bean or no, it still tastes like liquid dirt.
we-dont-take-kindly-to-your-types-around-here.jpg
  :lol:

On topic : I shall do as Viccard and become a herring trader.

SolidXerm said:
B-Buh-But mah derring-do hussars, who will they charge with if everyone's a herring trader D:

They are not really herring traders, they are supplying the enemy encampment that was made to look like a village; You must kill them all!

SolidXerm said:
B-Buh-But mah derring-do hussars, who will they charge with if everyone's a herring trader D:

Herring Hussars, obviously.
alzGbAL.jpg

With tales of herring-do, they -ride?- into the sunset.

I'm not sure if this was discussed or not, but are the animations for sword fighting going to be the same?

I hope it's not going to be altered or altered much to the point where I have to accustom to new controls, like the animations that came with the NW enhancement pack. Jesus the animations were good but the animations changed to much and I ended up deleting the damn thing.

"Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon behind them,
  Volley'd and thunder'd
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
while horse and herring fell,
they that had fought so well
came thro the jaws of death,
back from the mouth of hell,
all that was left of them,
  left of six herring"

no, landherring were not used till WWI, but they could not successfully maneuver over trenches.
In the Napoleonic wars landcod were much more common.

landfish-mounted cavalry, or "Fischkavallerie" were especially popular with the Prussians for their high resistance to morale shock due to the fishes' horrible intelligence. The scaled hides also provided some protection.
Fischkavallerie were used as shock cavalry, as the size of the mounts was exceptional and the scent of a thousand large landfish charging toward you was enough to knock out any lineman. If the sheer horror didn't do it already, that is.

Scrat555 said:
With tales of herring-do, they -ride?- into the sunset.

I feel that in peoples eagerness to prove themselves as poets and release date askers they overlooked herring-do.

I wish I could have herring-do  :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom