The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a possibility of seeing a Landsturm though, if and when the rebel spawning code is fleshed out. That's sort of like a Freikorps... with less money and organization.

Docm30 said:
Amman de Stazia said:
*Ideas about partizans*
Excellent ideas, Amman. Definitely something to think about.

I had also considered something like in Civilization 2 where partizans could spawn when a city was captured, perhaps depending on the manner in which the city was taken. Maybe I just want to play some Civ 2.

That just reminded me of something. Will the game keep track of the number of casualties sustained by a particular regiment/rate of recruitment?

Зделайте нам новогодний подарок!!! Пожалуйста  :razz:.

Set as a Christmas gift to us! Please :razz:.  (Translation may be incorrectly  :lol:)

Christmas was December 25th in the Catholic and Protestant churches and has passed already. "Новогодний" is literally New Years. The translator gave you "Christmas gift" because the Soviets grafted the gift-giving and tree-decorating traditions onto New Years to secularize the holiday without discarding it completely. Outside of Russia (and enclaves of the diaspora), those traditions are not associated with New Years.

Kolyan147 said:
Зделайте нам новогодний подарок!!! Пожалуйста  :razz:.

Set as a Christmas gift to us! Please :razz:.  (Translation may be incorrectly  :lol:)

Не надо Гуглом переводить предложение целиком.

Improved translation: "Would you give us some New Year present?"

Bluehawk said:
Christmas was December 25th in the Catholic and Protestant churches and has passed already. "Новогодний" is literally New Years. The translator gave you "Christmas gift" because the Soviets grafted the gift-giving and tree-decorating traditions onto New Years to secularize the holiday without discarding it completely. Outside of Russia (and enclaves of the diaspora), those traditions are not associated with New Years.

Well my Christmas is on January 7th so it still makes sense to say "Christmas present" for me.

Bluehawk said:

The Twelfth Day of Christmas falls on 5 January but the Twelfth Night can either precede or follow the Twelfth Day depending on which tradition is followed. So it's still Christmas. Just saying.

Only shame about this mod is that it is set before the Prussian Army reforms, and before Prussia actually kicked arse in the Napoleonic Wars. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom