The Official Art thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Almalexia said:
Hey can I say I adore your art style? I'll say it anyways. I adore your art style.
:oops:

Grikiard said:
'Tis very good.  :grin:

Cut out from something I started but gave up on:
V6gTPQ7.png

why?

The water is the least impressive thing about that picture, water is extremely easy to draw. You just have to draw the inverse of what’s above but retaining the perspective, like an inverse portal. Personally I think Jacob’s water in this picture isn’t very good. I mean, it’s just hatching with no attention to the actual shape of the surface of the water. You could argue the water is completely flat, fair enough, but why is the surface glowing?

The left hand side reflection is also incomplete considering this is 1-point perspective with no distortion, the red highlighted metal structure area around her hair (and the pipes sticking up below her hair) isn’t reflected in the water, the reflection is blank where it should be.

That’s the trouble with Jacob, I really enjoy his drawings, but he rushes all forms of hatching at all times.

Also he forgot to draw shadows on the water. Shadows don’t magically go away when they are on water.

On the left hand side where the water meets the metal piping thing, it’s glowing. There’s ambient light from nowhere. It’s like the vanilla water in Fallout 3. Where are the contact shadows? Where is the ambient occlusion!!1!1!1???

Of course, no offence.

Ahem,

I for one like the hatching on Jacob's water since I'm not an ironically pretentious art critic.

That second picture gives me real A Coruña Spanish Armada vibes, I really like it!

You know, if you had a drawing tablet you would be able to change the document's canvas size and *gasp* continue drawing!

It's looking good by the way, crowning some visible improvements I've been seeing as of late. Shame about the pencils².

Kentucky James said:
You know that would look amazing with a pen. Just sayyyyin

Also how did you run out of space? Don't you plan your drawings out?

ogre_and_dwarf_by_axiaterraartunion-dcoy2jm.jpg

I read Marx with the same expression :grin:
very good colors - as always

Back
Top Bottom