The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

vercingetorixx said:
did the jeruelsalem/kerrack/most miod east castles get fixed yet?  the siege ladder was buried in a wall

I'm pretty sure Karak had a ladder when I attacked it, but I'm not sure about Jerusalem.

Batko said:
Damn looks good. 

Here is a better image of some before and after tweaks, the left side is before and the right is after.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9885/mapivm.jpg

If settlements and boroughs could be assigned coordinates on the map it would fix a lot of issues where they are cluster together, spawn in the middle of a river, or in some inaccessible location. I wouldn't mind taking on this task if it's possible and if othr will let me of course.   

vercingetorixx said:
did the jeruelsalem/kerrack/most miod east castles get fixed yet?  the siege ladder was buried in a wall

Yes, many moons ago, update the SVN. Also there are new scenes for Karak and Jerusalem in the newer SVN updates.  :wink:

Looks good there reiksmarshal :grin:

1 more suggestion?
you should be able to pay like 50.000 or maybe even 100.000 to hire new smiths and trainers to change the type of troops in your town/castle and adjoined fiefs
you don't like fighting a holy war against muslims with muslim troops from the town you just took? tough ****, you can't change it
well you should be able to

fuzzyballs01 said:
1 more suggestion?
you should be able to pay like 50.000 or maybe even 100.000 to hire new smiths and trainers to change the type of troops in your town/castle and adjoined fiefs
you don't like fighting a holy war against muslims with muslim troops from the town you just took? tough ****, you can't change it
well you should be able to

You know I have thought about this: I think the only time one should be able to change troop types should be in crusader territories or areas where a holy war was prevalent. I think that if you take a castle or town in crusader areas -based on religious association perhaps- you should be able to choose between Byzantine/ crusader troops or Mamluk depending on your preference. Other than in this instance I think being able to choose any type of unit any where messes with the historical accuracy too much. As well, an old wise modding owl once told me, "learn to mod, so you can change things as you like."  :mrgreen: :razz:   

Hi othr,

I just PM you the link to a polished version of the campaign map, it has over 200 fixes and looks very nice hope you can check it out and use it for the next revision.

Is it possible to assign coordinates to hamlets, boroughs, and settlements? I haven't checked into it yet but that would greatly improve the look of the campaign map, I'll do if it's possible and if you want me to. 

One question, why the Taleworlds company didnt make this mod an official expansion of Mount & Blade Warband? There arent single player official expansions and this mod has a full potencial to be an official singleplayer expansion for Warband, like they made with Napoleonic Wars. I would buy this because there arent single player expansions, just multiplayers...

fuzzyballs01 said:
he's right you know
and I agree, music is part of the game, replacing them by ambient sounds kinda removes a good deal of fun, it makes travelling and fighting dull
and please lower the relation loss when assigning fiefs a bit, it's really annoying having to do lord quests or hoping to fight with them in combat constantly just to stop them from leaving you

I'm missing the music as well...is it standard not to hear it in the main menu?

Personally I like it with just the ambient noise. All to often the music would get to be to much and I found myself just turning down the music volume in the options menu to the point of completely off. But to be reasonable maybe bring back music at Start Menu and add one more song to the list for in game.

Hey,
I found on my computer good old mb. I haven't played it since last summer. As I recall I stopped just because I wanted to wait a stable 1257 ad version and now thought to check if it is already here. I like those changes I saw already but only thing that annoys me is damage. Every time I hit there is a chance that I won't do any damage even though my power strike is around 5-7. I've read that this happens to axe weapons because game thinks they are just like blunt weapons and you have to hit with the tip of weapon to do more serious damage but in my situation I only use OH swords, sabers to be precise.
So is it just me or is this well known issue? If there is a solution please tell me because I would like to start playing this awesome mod again. I was playing it since its first days and only thing that stopped me was the frustration of little bugs and I don't want that same scenario repeats again.
Thanks
1257 ad creators you've done astonishing work! Keep it up!

The only bugs I have come across that spoils the game, are when you leave abberfraw (sp) in wales and it puts you into the sea instead of on land.
A worse bug is that your units under your command can refuse to do as they are told when assaulting or defending a fortress.
I wanted to defend a choke point and even though  I told my men to "hold position" they just refuse and attack the enemy freely and get slaughtered, while some units hang back and continue to defend other locations that I never told them too. If I instead tell them to follow me or allocate a new position for them to hold position.. they seem to make a move to do it, but then seconds later go off and do their own thing again.
Also not sure if this is related, but when defending Chester, in england... I notice that some of my units spawn inside cages, or behind practice dummies. What this basically means is that when you can only command 40 units compared to the enemy commanding 50 units and around 18 of your units are stuck in a cage and behind the dummies, you are only actually commanding 22, against 50. Not sure but I have a funny feeling it was intentional, because I can't believe that someone can accidentally stick some guys in a cage or behind what seems to be a deliberate barricade. Maybe it was put there to give the attacker an advantage ?? anyone?

But anyway, both those bugs make it difficult to defend a fortress... whereas in other mods that don't have those bugs, defending the same fortress with even less men, I win even easier.

5IVE said:
Hey,
I found on my computer good old mb. I haven't played it since last summer. As I recall I stopped just because I wanted to wait a stable 1257 ad version and now thought to check if it is already here. I like those changes I saw already but only thing that annoys me is damage. Every time I hit there is a chance that I won't do any damage even though my power strike is around 5-7. I've read that this happens to axe weapons because game thinks they are just like blunt weapons and you have to hit with the tip of weapon to do more serious damage but in my situation I only use OH swords, sabers to be precise.
So is it just me or is this well known issue? If there is a solution please tell me because I would like to start playing this awesome mod again. I was playing it since its first days and only thing that stopped me was the frustration of little bugs and I don't want that same scenario repeats again.
Thanks
1257 ad creators you've done astonishing work! Keep it up!

Well I raised my power strike and power draw to 10 but it is the same problem. Maybe SVN update went wrong?

I'd like to suggest that the team uses historically accurate music to complement this mod. We are fortunate enough to have a bounty of surviving Medieval music, and excellent contemporary musicians who have reproduced it.

Cheers to the team -- thank you for all your hard work! Can't wait for 1.0!

Sounds awesome!  :grin:

As far as hamlets, settlements, and boroughs go how is there location determined? I looked at the parties.txt but there really doesn't seem to be anything that stands out. If they could be assigned static locations it would go a long way in cleanning up the map and we wouldn't them spawning in the ocean, rivers, and other undesirerable locations. If you could point me in the right direction I have a 3 day weekend coming up, its I could try to work on then. 

Othr

Saphet scene, updated files with some little fixes.

both use the same terrain code: 0x00000007a0000500000b92eb00006c8c800050dc00006a7b

http://www.mediafire.com/download/f69enk8oq3qtun6/scn_center_saphet.sco

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nx9z4vf7dsz4hcf/scn_walls_saphet.sco

Back
Top Bottom