The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

DrTomas said:
11sparky11 said:
I said derp to myself..... And I don't know, it shouldn't be as buggy as your describing, try re-installing.

Nope, I noticed that my self. Othr needs to add checks that the random coordinates of the settlements would not be placed on top of each other.

Means nothing to me but sounds cool, it's just that I never encountered that problem. Is it only in certain areas or can it happen anywhere?

It can happen any where, when you start a new campaign the settlements, hamlets, and borough locations are randomly generated sometimes the seeds are decent but most of the time it looks like ****.

One bad issue the arbitrary placement of settlements is responsible for, is that if a settlement is placed directly inside a town (as pictured below) you can't access the town if the enemy is raiding the village inside of it. Which if that town would happen to be your court (which has happened to me before) it causes some big problems.

mb21c.jpg

So is anybody doing the developing of the AD 1257 ? I mean does Ralf still doing it ? Or did he quit too ? https://code.google.com/p/dev1257/source/list

reiksmarshal said:
It can happen any where, when you start a new campaign the settlements, hamlets, and borough locations are randomly generated sometimes the seeds are decent but most of the time it looks like ****.

Yeah, also, Roma Borough or somewhat is always ramdomly placed in a sort of delta at the end of the Tiber(the river passing in Roma)

plz answer me why after enemy hit me, and i run to safe place then the accuracy about weapons:
javelin
crossbow: light, heavy, siege..
bow

will be reduce accuracy (javelin, crossbow, bow) and very slow reload (crossbow)
it is very hard for hit enemy with range weapon.

some text log: your arm injured. your leg injured....
how to cure my arm and leg?

last rev.
update 1:
i delete mod and reinstall. hmmm still problem accuracy.
may be at rev 267: the range weapon are bad? and recommend dont use range weapon?

update 2:
the damage system not real. with full skill and stats: deal small damage from 10 - 40 with javelin.
the armor defense to bad. weakly like no armor. all from the new damage system. check it :grin:

ohshift said:
plz answer me why after enemy hit me, and i run to safe place then the accuracy about weapons:
javelin
bow

will be reduce accuracy (javelin, crossbow, bow) and very slow reload (crossbow)

last rev.
update 1:
may be at rev 267: the range weapon are bad? and recommend dont use range weapon?

update 2:
the damage system not real. with full skill and stats: deal small damage from 10 - 40 with javelin.
the armor defense to bad. weakly like no armor. all from the new damage system. check it :grin:

I think that the problem in your case is that you didn't understand all the Mount & Blade system.

Your problem me thinks, is that you dont know how the skill points and wpf work. You can be level 30 but if you dont have any points in power strike or power throw then its your fault, not the mods fault.

ohshift said:
javelin
bow

last rev.
update 1:

update 2:

It's because of the new damage system. If you are hit at your arm your arm can be injured what means your attacks are slower and with ranged weapons you have less accuracy.
If you are hit at your legs  it can happen that your leg get injured what makes you slower. A case of hobble.
During a battle you can't cure such wounds. But right after the battle your wounds are gone. (you can retreat and charge again...this counts as new battle)
Same can happens to your enemies, too.

Because of damage, I think the damage skills have a much decreased influence on your damage output.

yep. thanks u
the new damage system is... hard. i need more 3x careful.

before : farmer cant hurt me with 80+ armor.
and after new damage system release: farmer can kill me easy with 80+ armor

i remember playing year ago and peasants with very short 2h spears 1hitted me often even in best armor. I liked.

PS But now damage system sucks thx to oth experiments. Throwing spears also sucks. And tank-horse deals more damage than spear

The new damage system is the most realistic one compared to all mods, you are just too ignorant to understand how the damage system works.

Because being hit by five or six hundreds of kilos (horse, rider and all their equipment) running at 70 km per hour is far less dangerous than a pointy stick manouvered by a man against chain/lamellar mail/padded cloth/additional leather. Of course.

Leonidas300 said:
you are just too ignorant to understand how the damage system works.

Well I have to agree with Ohshift. The current damage output of my char is pretty low though I get massive damage from peasants.
Even with maxed out PS and alot of WPF to deal as much damage as possible and maxed out IF and a decent armor I have to hide like a coward behind my troops.
Of course my playstile is an offensive one
I play alot of c-rpg and that's probably why I also try to fight as much as possible  in SP Warband too
and might differ drasticly from yours, but there is not much fun at fighting in this mod for me at the moment  :roll:

Beside the fighting (at the current state)  I just want to say that I really love this mod  :!: :smile:

Oarsman said:
Leonidas300 said:

Well I have to agree with Ohshift. The current damage output of my char is pretty low though I get massive damage from peasants.
Even with maxed out PS and alot of WPF to deal as much damage as possible and maxed out IF and a decent armor I have to hide like a coward behind my troops.
I play alot of c-rpg and that's probably why I also try to fight as muchas possible  in SP Warband too
and might differ drasticly from yours, but there is not much fun at fighting in this mod for me at the moment  :roll:

Beside the fighting (at the current state)  I just want to say that I really love this mod  :!: :smile:

I desagree with you, this is a very realistic mod in the fighting, if you fight alone against 3 or more men you will have a lot of difficulty killing them, imagine how it would be in a real moment, even if they are peasants. If you want to have fun fighting you must always be with your army ingame, you cant go alone out there, its logical, this isnt native where you can kill a full army just you vs all the enemy army, this is a historically based fighting and immersive battle mod. And saying that fighting in this mod isnt funny is stupid, if you dont know how to fight properly then learn to block and swing in the right moment.

In my case I have the difficulty in maximum, just the campaign difficulty I have it in average, I also have the friendly banners disabled, the losses, etc... all that is fantasious, with this you will have a lot more immersive battles and you will be always with your troops and you will be defensive, and offensive when is the right moment to attack.

Oarsman said:
Leonidas300 said:

I play alot of c-rpg and that's probably why I also try to fight as muchas possible  in SP Warband too

Try Brytenwalda without cheating, that will really make you wish to avoid combat! In 1257, at least, you are able to make good money and get decent equipment and horse without much difficulty.  I suggest you to get a decent armor and a fast horse, cymry longbowmen and, possibly, good cavalry (not mercs). It's not so hard to assemble a good army. You just have to keep your shield high for arrows and javs, avoid spears and try to hit from the flanks or from the back. And, most important, try not to get stuck!

(this if you are not the fanatic infantryman kind of player, of course!)

Leonidas300 said:
And saying that fighting in this mod isnt funny is stupid, if you dont know how to fight properly then learn to block and swing in the right moment.

I definitly know when to swing and when to block  :wink: I am not some 12 year old who plays MB for 2 weeks.
But getting one shot with a decent armor by some peasant/robber with a javlin is not funny.
If you like the fighting as it is at the moment, it is your kind of taste and I have really no problem with that :wink:
But some players like ohshift or me prefer a more fast paced fighting without to fear to die by some peasant with a stick in his hand.
Would just be nice to have the possibility to choose from native and the modders damage system :smile:

Edit:

@ F.F.C_fritz

I prefer playing as 1h cav. Though I have the advantage with the horse I have to get pretty close to the enemy to hit him and usually there is some peasant with a lance that stops my horse and then I am ****ed :grin: stuck in a group of peasants and spamed to death  :mrgreen:
But thx for trying to help me :wink: but I think my playstile is used to native/c-rpg and thats probably not the one you need for the current 1257 AD system.

Oarsman said:
Leonidas300 said:
And saying that fighting in this mod isnt funny is stupid, if you dont know how to fight properly then learn to block and swing in the right moment.

I definitly know when to swing and when to block  :wink: I am not some 12 year old who plays MB for 2 weeks.
But getting one shot with a decent armor by some peasant/robber with a javlin is not funny.
If you like the fighting as it is at the moment, it is your kind of taste and I have really no problem with that :wink:
But some players like ohshift or me prefer a more fast paced fighting without to fear to die by some peasant with a stick in his hand.
Would just be nice to have the possibility to choose from native and the modders damage system :smile:

Edit:

@ F.F.C_fritz

I prefer playing as 1h cav. Though I have the advantage with the horse I have to get pretty close to the enemy to hit him and usually there is some peasant with a lance that stops my horse and then I am ****ed :grin: stuck in a group of peasants and spamed to death  :mrgreen:
But thx for trying to help me :wink: but I think my playstile is used to native/c-rpg and thats probably not the one you need for the current 1257 AD system.

Well then this might not be the mod for you. People who think this is Native with a face-lift are in for a rude awakening.
The mod is what it is and Othr isn't going to change it just cuz people are getting killed because they think they can rambo thru the game and then complain when they get killed by a MOB of peasants, they get hit by a Javelin and it actually does A LOT of damage, get hurt and can't keep fighting the way they want to or when a horse impales itself on a braced spear and dies. Stop thinking that this is not fair or should be changed. This is a historically CORRECT mod, not Subway where you get your way. (Not angry people, just frustrated about all the complaining by Noobish players of this mod)

Spitfire84 said:
Well then this might not be the mod for you. Maybe you should try something that isn't historically based and doesn't have a realistic fighting style.
The mod is what it is and Othr isn't going to change it just cuz you and others don't like the way it plays.

The thing I like the most about the mod is that it is historically based :wink: and I just wanted to throw in my personnal opinion.
I do understand that Othr is not changing the entire system because of two guys complaining about it  :mrgreen: but it would be really awsome( if it was not too much work) to give the players option to choose between both systems :smile:

And PS
Spitfire and and Leonidas though this is the internet  :mrgreen: being nice and not instantly aggressive towards somone who just stats his personal opinion would be nice :wink:
tl;dr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnQ-5uFuDtc

Back
Top Bottom