The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

I am having that strange bug where your party wages go up to millions for no particular reason.. Can't remember if it was mentioned before but that's it. Every once in a while, the number of the party wages just grows exponentially and hits unreasonable numbers :razz:

If you give me the savegame, I might debug the crap out of it. As long as you won't terry to long, because when I start adding crap to the source, the savegames stop to work. :neutral:

skullmasher said:
People want multiplayer-games these days. This is why 1257 will remain a open-source-mod, i guess.
Oy, we are hardly open source. :eek:
And I'll check if the mod option trigger thing is not broken... Perhaps it works the other way around.

DrTomas said:
And I'll check if the mod option trigger thing is not broken... Perhaps it works the other way around.

Sorry to have disturbed - it works now (somehow), it just didnt in the first case.

I had a big battle 1200 vs 900, and got killed by one of the new powerful mamluk-lancers.
i waited the whole battle, klicking every button on the keyboard, but couldnt control any of my troops.
In the aftermath-battle 700 vs 34 i got killed again, but then i could switch control over to a horseman.
Since then it works fine - just not in the first battle.
I dont know exactly how the conditions are - and now i dont care as long as it works  :grin:

Jenda said:
jcoom41 said:
Is there a way to take a Fief off one of your Vassals or Lords?
You need to accuse him of treason, i think

Assigning a fief is a delicate descision, because its elaborate to change it afterwards:
1. Give him the fief B which he should actually have
2. send a companion to king X and donate him fief A
3. declare war to king X
4. conquer back fief A
5. make peace again, voila! Lord has fief B, you have fief A at your disposal

Since then it works fine - just not in the first battle

You can take the place of soldiers that are in your army, it doesn't work if
they are just allies.

By the way thanks guys , it's an awesome addision to the mod.
Ive spent over 300 hours, i hope you get to enjoy it a little :smile:

1st maybe bug:
In first gameplay week it happened three times that Novgorod didn't react to Ghibellines' provocations. I dunno, it seems to me weird, so I rather report it. (rev. 82)

2nd probable bug:
Somtimes when i get knocked up and i take over my soldier, rest of my soldiers just stops attacking and gather around same point and don't do or react on anything, except someone comes really close to them. (actual rev.)

Jenda said:
1st maybe bug:
In first gameplay week it happened three times that Novgorod didn't react to Ghibellines' provocations. I dunno, it seems to me weird, so I rather report it. (rev. 82)

I get the same thing. + the message keeps popping up every now and then. Damn those Ghibellines!

sifis172 said:
Since then it works fine - just not in the first battle

You can take the place of soldiers that are in your army, it doesn't work if
they are just allies.

My party had ~70 soldiers: 7 companions, 30 mercenaries, 8 knights from various orders (great feature!), and some european soldiers i liberated erlier. I was a mercenary that time.
So when battle started i had only ~5 troops from my party - all companions, as they are on top of the list.
When i died, i wasnt allowed to take control over a companion - as intended.
The battle lasted for a long time, and eventually mercenaries and soldiers of my party appeared on the battlefield, but i remained in watch-mode.

So my concern is, maybe there is a problem when the "player-auxiliary"-feature triggers, and no suitable trooper is available, it wount trigger again during the battle.

DrTomas said:
Yep. If the conditions are not met, you go into the fly around mod never to come back. So if you get reinforcement later on, it's too late.

Somehow i dont like it, but i can live with it (are there any chances for a change?). As a workaround for big battles i will put a lone infantryman on top of the list in front of companions, who will stay out of combat in case i die. As i see it, the problem is the result of small battlesize, plenty of companions and big battles with allies.

btw i just got the idea to put knights on top of the list before big battles with allies. They will stay outside combat for the sole purpose of being replacement-soldiers for me.  :cool:

As a suggestion, in future (when the number of companions is reduced to 6-9) i would really like to see the possibility to control companions, as only a few of them will be suited for battle. That way the player could experience different character-builds within one game-setup. This would be so great!

martin-bs said:
Jenda said:
1st maybe bug:

I get the same thing. + the message keeps popping up every now and then. Damn those Ghibellines!

Yeah... WTF IS THIS ****? I did get some of these myself and it's very weird. It should not be happening like that at all. :/

Hey, I'm new here and I've been using the mod for about a week now. Since tortoise updated today some extremely weird stuff has been happening.

1. Fought a battle, died and got owned pretty bad. Then I see "reinforcements have arrived" and I think "that's weird, I had a really small army." Then a bunch of Middle-Eastern horse-archers ride past my camera under my symbol- I'm English, never even went near any Arab provinces. Then they're still in my party afterwards.

2. Apparently I upset my more bellicose subjects for not declaring war on the khergits.... I only own one village and am not a king.

3. When I recruit a local mercenary company I spend the money but only one or two show up in my party, even though I have ample room.

4. Randomly got a message that said "you lose 9000 denars" and then most of my money was gone.

5. Getting constant weird popups saying things like "culture9 has declared war on culture3," and bunches of red script errors while on the campaign map.

6. My infantry start the battle with their backs to the enemy, and when ordered to charge simply walk backwards

None of these things were happening before the latest update.

I don't want to rag on this mod though, it's really awesome! Just sorta unplayable for me right now.

Back
Top Bottom