The new castle is fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Al_Mansur

Grandmaster Knight
While I am disappointed by a lot of armor and weapon designs, I am very hyped by the new castle:

Everything looks fine: the architectural design, the models, the textures, the interiors' lightings. That's one of the best castle I've seen in a videogame so far, along with Kingdom Come ones.
Style is mostly Anglo-Norman late 12th century - early 13th century, very effective when it comes to defence with all these well placed arrow-slits. Let's hope that the MP class system won't prevent us to pick archer/crossbowman from the beginning of the rounds, which would really suck in a siege, especially on the defenders side.

While I am disappointed by a lot of armor and weapon designs, I am very hyped by the new castle:

Everything looks fine: the architectural design, the models, the textures, the interiors' lightings. That's one of the best castle I've seen in a videogame so far, along with Kingdom Come ones.
Style is mostly Anglo-Norman late 12th century - early 13th century, very effective when it comes to defence with all these well placed arrow-slits. Let's hope that the MP class system won't prevent us to pick archer/crossbowman from the beginning of the rounds, which would really suck in a siege, especially on the defenders side.

They should use those multiplayer scenes in both singleplayer to save resources.

Last edited:
I don't know! It looks there are to many entrances. It could have a second gate towards the lake for people to escape but 3 frontal entrances seems a bit much.I also think a moat would have been easy to dig in this situation

Last edited:
I hope that the castles from the "siege" will appear in a single player game. They are very beautiful :love:

I hope i can make my own CASTLE/MOUNTAINS/CAVES/BOATS/PLANTS (etc) while making my own map.
(nextFcnLevel is "creating map with own quests for sp, and creating maps with custom multiplayer-ready(hd-ready) )

I don't know! It looks there are to many entrances. It could have a second gate towards the lake for people to escape but 3 frontal entrances seems a bit much.I also think a moat would have been easy to dig in this situation

The left entry point is behind a second layer of fortification, though, which would buy time to reinforce it. That one on the right may be a sally port that's torn open when defenders want to charge out, I'm not sure though. Seems an odd place for a proper gate.

They really need to implement siege defense and offense setup with so many new castle entrances where you set spawn locations and groups for archer, infantry, and cav groups before the siege starts.

Archer group 1 spawn in the right side guard tower, another on the castle walls, one infantry group to spawn guarding the main door, another guarding the backdoor, and another the walls, ect. The archers should be programmed to peak over the edge of whatever wall or tower to fire at enemies while infantry programmed to guard the entrance(s) closest to their spawn location.

Yea the plans might not be the best. Something silly they made is putting this huge round tower as a gate using its inner door, with the arrowslits thus facing the courtyard instead of the attackers. But individually each element is rather great, my only criticism is the inadequate thickness of the towers and structures walls, often too thin.

They really need to implement siege defense and offense setup with so many new castle entrances where you set spawn locations and groups for archer, infantry, and cav groups before the siege starts.

Archer group 1 spawn in the right side guard tower, another on the castle walls, one infantry group to spawn guarding the main door, another guarding the backdoor, and another the walls, ect. The archers should be programmed to peak over the edge of whatever wall or tower to fire at enemies while infantry programmed to guard the entrance(s) closest to their spawn location.

I've seen good things on this front. One of the siege assault videos from a while back shows infantry packing together behind the gate as it's being broken down, and another seems to show archers moving behind crenelations after taking their shot on occasion. Could be my wishful thinking tinting what I saw, but it looked promising.

Back
Top Bottom