The more you know!

Dryvus

Sufficiently Suffonsified
Archduke
M&BWB
Best answers
I could have come up with those album names in way less than 2 recording sessions.

crodio

Marquis
Best answers
doesn't help that workin and cookin are the same for you
and probably steamin some times

Adorno

Bedroom Assassin
Duke
WBNWM&BVC
Best answers
#436 The French writer Nicolas Chamfort's attempted suicide turned very gruesome:

Unable to tolerate the prospect of being imprisoned once more, in September 1793 he locked himself into his office and shot himself in the face. The pistol malfunctioned and he did not die even though he shot off his nose and part of his jaw. He then repeatedly stabbed his neck with a paper cutter, but failed to cut an artery. He finally used the paper cutter to stab himself in the chest. He dictated to those who came to arrest him the well-known declaration [...] "I, Sebastien-Roch Nicolas de Chamfort, hereby declare my wish to die a free man rather than to continue to live as a slave in a prison") which he signed in a firm hand and in his own blood. His butler found him unconscious in a pool of blood. From then until his death at Paris the following year, he suffered intensely and was attended to by a gendarme, whom he paid a crown a day.

Last edited:

Adorno

Bedroom Assassin
Duke
WBNWM&BVC
Best answers
#437 Google Maps is different depending on location - mainly so disputed areas/borders are shown according to local laws or claims.
For example an Indian person will see all of Kashmir as Indian with no disputed borders.

Abraxium

Regular
Best answers
Who said Ed Gein couldn't be an artist? They all did, now look at them, all lined up on my bookshelf.

kurczak

Section Moderator
WB
Best answers
Today I learned that

"in 1187 Sigtuna was attacked and pillaged by raiders from across the Baltic Sea, possibly Karelians,[7][8] Curonian and/or Estonian (Oeselian) raiders.[9][10]"

I didn't know that Vikings got raided back. Was that a common thing?

Captured Joe

Marquis
Best answers
Those Curonians and Oeselians would later raid the early Christian settlements in Livonia as well, which resulted in them getting their ass kicked by punitive expeditions by the Swordbrothers and their native allies.

Abraxium

Regular
Best answers
Today I learned that

"in 1187 Sigtuna was attacked and pillaged by raiders from across the Baltic Sea, possibly Karelians,[7][8] Curonian and/or Estonian (Oeselian) raiders.[9][10]"

I didn't know that Vikings got raided back. Was that a common thing?
Someone read my post :shifty:

The area in around Stockholm or more importantly at the time, Birka, would at times be raided by vikings from the Kievan Rus , it could be seen as ironic considering that it would be their ancestral homeland. I also think the Jomsvikings in and around the coast of anywhere between Rostock to Gdánsk would raid Denmark and southern Sweden, and in return be raided by the same, along with Balts and Poles.