The mission accompany marshal

Users who are viewing this thread

detlik

Regular
Hi everybody,
When I receive mission accompany marshal (Jarl Reamald) the quest often without warning ends, like he sends me to scout and villages and after scouting second the quest ends,  or I am following him as he told me and all of sudden quest ends. Please help.

I have encountered the same thing with different factions. From my (relatively short) experience this happens quite a lot

I have had the same thing happen with Boyar Vuldrat.  I just figured he changed his mind.  :lol:

The Marshall's campaign doesn't have a set time limit, it ends when the Marshall sees fit to end it. Typically when he has taken a castle or city and is happy with his achievements. When the campaign ends, so does the missions you were on.

Really?  I always get my companions being fine with it, since it's not 'failing'  it's the giver cancelling.

But yes, to the OP, The Marshal will only call a campaign when he has a task to accomplish, e.g. raid some villages, capture a town, generally fight the enemy until everyone is out of men e.t.c... The moment that objective is compeleted, he will call an end to the campaign, and any campaign quests you've been issued will be cancelled (or completed if you're curerntly on 'follow the army')

Marnid threw a tantrum when I failed to report to my Swadian marshall recently. It may have been because I was chasing enemy lords and it timed out rather than being cancelled.

I am amused at how different the campaigns are per faction.  As a merc working around the world I found:

Khanate like to call campaign, then run around and raid 3-4 enemy villages then call the campaign off.
Swadia like to call campaign, attack a castle then throw a feast (regardless of win, loss or cancel).
Sultanate like to call campaigns even when there are no wars, and just ride around the desert in packs (presumably getting drunk).
Nords sometimes try to overextend, attempting to take multiple castles on a single campaign.

Haven't worked for Vaegir or Rhodoks yet.

I've been with Vaegir for a while now and every time they start a campaign, they seem intent on throwing down with their enemies.

My most recent campaign with them led to around four regular battles and three sieges. We won everything because Lords kept trading off (when one was army weak, he would leave and a strong one would appear) and plus the King was with us and he alone brought 300 troops.

The marshal in my own kingdom tends to call for me a lot for some reason even though we have peace agreements with the 2 remaining factions. It's just me and him in the faction at this time, so I just ignore them and wait for it to cancel. Free relation point with him at least. :smile:

In fact, playing the first 500 days as a vassal I found that the "ignore it and wait" approach worked often enough that the free relation points (and the few times that I was bored and just answered the call) more than outweighed the relation loss of failure when it actually timed out. The guy was 'devoted' to me by the time the king banished him from the realm. Come to think of it, that guy might be my marshal. This game really needs an in-game way to make your own notes about individual lords and stuff...

Falcon Critical said:
Marnid threw a tantrum when I failed to report to my Swadian marshall recently. It may have been because I was chasing enemy lords and it timed out rather than being cancelled.

The OP is talking about having actually completed the initial "report to marshal" quest, then having the follow up quests cancelled abruptly. It's different in your case, where you just didn't bother turning up at all after the marshal started a campaign. That's why Marnid got pissed.

True enough. I figured he'd cancelled the campaign but I was just being slow.  I do find it amusing in the times when I show up with more troops than half the other lords, yet its me sent out scouting the nearby towns.  It does suck when the whole lot is cancelled halfway through your scouting but there's nothing you can do about it.

when im the marshall we tend to get clobberd...i show up outside enemy castle with army of like 1200+ BANG!!!! there came the enemy with like 2000+ i was checking when that army came i used Ctrl+T and checked around most of their Lords were gang rapin my ass. and it happends EVERY time.

Get creative - ask one of your lords to siege a town, then siege a castle with the rest of your army. Or get some smaller lords raiding villages... anything to distract the enemy.

Back
Top Bottom