The Mead Hall

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a question regarding the models in your mod.
I do a little bit of private tinkering, changing the way other mods look, just for personal use and I cannot seem to make most of the meshes/textures appear in game.
Is there something obvious i'm missing or do the models use different shaders or something else???

Any reply would be greatly appreciated...... :roll:

Hey comrades, there is steam sale and you can buy War of the Vikings and War of the Roses with much profit  :]
http://store.steampowered.com/app/42160/ - now with anti-cheat its best medieval combat experience until Bannerlord arrives.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/234530/ - there is vikings and beards.

Partizan_Rusi said:
Hey comrades, there is steam sale and you can buy War of the Vikings and War of the Roses with much profit  :]
Well, the not exactly cheap Blood Eagle Edition still costs the same and the absurdly pricy Valhalla Edition as well.

Why is Valhalla Edition so overpriced? Seeing it's features, some are useful and some not, but almost over 100€? Insanity!

Dansk viking said:
Worst melee games in recent years in my opinion. Really clunky and stupid, even Warband feels smooth in comparison to the "War of the" series melee combat.
You mean Warband is incredibly clunky and stupid while "War of" have best hitboxes down to the each piece Of armor and polearm's blade and best dynamic combat flow. Its still a PC game of course.
I think I saw Celtichugs today, he was on my players list, on this server :

See my epic Medieval knight skillz :] Also notice how shaft hits absorbed by armor.

Jock said:
Are you paid by them to promote this stuff or what?  :neutral:
Buahaha  :lol:, they banned me on pdxplaza permanently and today Gordon mentioned tempban on steam forums  :lol:

Partizan_Rusi said:
You mean Warband is incredibly clunky and stupid while "War of" have best hitboxes down to the each piece Of armor and polearm's blade and best dynamic combat flow. Its still a PC game of course. [...] ... Also notice how shaft hits absorbed by armor.

Yes, Warband is incredibly clunky and stupid, but it's still the better multiplayer melee game. War of the Roses has more hitbox variables depending on armour and it also has the equivalent of Víkingr's minimum range script. The combat flow is horrible though, just watching the first seconds of your video reminds me how terrible it is.

Partizan_Rusi said:
Dansk viking said:
Worst melee games in recent years in my opinion. Really clunky and stupid, even Warband feels smooth in comparison to the "War of the" series melee combat.
You mean Warband is incredibly clunky and stupid while "War of" have best hitboxes down to the each piece Of armor and polearm's blade and best dynamic combat flow. Its still a PC game of course.
I think I saw Celtichugs today, he was on my players list, on this server :

See my epic Medieval knight skillz :] Also notice how shaft hits absorbed by armor.

Jock said:
Are you paid by them to promote this stuff or what?  :neutral:
Buahaha  :lol:, they banned me on pdxplaza permanently and today Gordon mentioned tempban on steam forums  :lol:

500px-HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

I play "War of roses" a lot and I must admit, that melee system is very poor there. Indeed - there are more hitboxes than in Vikingr and they depend on what kind of armor you are wearing. The combat itself is rather slow (comparing to Vikingr). Besides, if your oponent is wearing a heavy armor there is a chance that even if you hit him, you won't even scratch him. Imagine me playing as a crossbowman with the best crossbow and good perks: you hit the guy - for exemple in the chest - and...nothing happens:/ The armor has absorbed it all. Other bad thing is healing yourself during battle. From almost dead guy, you can return to "newborn" warrior.
What's good? Well: you can create your own class with diffrent perks and weapon specialization, a lot of weapons (swords, axes, maces, spears, 2h weapons, daggers, knives or even sharp wooden stick (sic!), cavalry can charge, armor and rags customization. Some weapons can be used in two ways: for exemple you can hit a light armored archer with the broad side of your axe, but if you meet an armored knight you can swift the axe and use the small anti-armor pick on other side of the blade. And - last but not least - there are pplenty servers with diffrent game's modes.

Reik of Silesia said:
Besides, if your oponent is wearing a heavy armor there is a chance that even if you hit him, you won't even scratch him.
That sounds great, actually. A game that takes steps to represent armour properly? :3

hrotha said:
Reik of Silesia said:
Besides, if your oponent is wearing a heavy armor there is a chance that even if you hit him, you won't even scratch him.
That sounds great, actually. A game that takes steps to represent armour properly? :3

I could agree with you, if it would concern only small weapons, such as daggers or sharp sticks, but not heavy crossbow (I mention it, because I play always as a crossbowman). And I'm not talking about instant one-shot kill, but simply about giving some damage to your oponnent at all. I like this game, but it needs some improvement.

I find combat in Chivalry: MW more dynamic than Warband.

In Warband combat is dynamic and fast if both enemies don't have a shield.
If they have a shield, it's more like bashing eachother until one makes a mistake and gets a hit.
In Chivalry even if  your foe has a shield, there's always a way to strike around his shield, in Warband not. In Warband you can only try to get behind his back. You can hit him from the front only with a ranged weapon if he is holding a shield up.
Chivalry is faster and more dynamic. And I find the blocking system better. And Chivalry has stamina! <3
But on the other hand, I hate feints in Chivalry. Feint quite always gives you a free hit. Feinting in Warband is very OK.
Polearms in Warband are much better, more realistic and I like them more in Warband. Polearms are made the best in The Deluge and Vikingr (you can't just hide it in your panties, if you wanna change your weapon, you must drop it, very long and I love how you can support your teammates with spear, but I hate that spears are so easy to block in Warband - in Chivalry you don't have this problem)
I often use thrusts in Chivalry, thrusting enemies with my sword - I love this technique. Playing with a bastard sword(or sometimes a normal sword, the fastest possible, if your enemy has fast weapon), shield and thrusting like I had a rapier - that's how I play. Sometimes I wish I had a rapier or twohanded estoc ^^

I like how shields break in Warband. But I prefer the way of blocking like it's in Chivalry.

Warbands has much more mods and mods for Chivalry are rather a fun stuff, not placing the game in another setting like Vikingr or The Deluge changes Warband. And I like Warband mods' features like that you must drop your big twohanded weapon to use a onehanded sword and etc. And I like chambering in Warband, even though I'm extremely bad at chambering.

Both games have their pros and cos. And I like both games.

And about mods in Chivalry, there are some that give new modes, like the Giant Slayer mod. And I love the decapitation in Chivalry.

Back
Top Bottom