The Last Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

I really want to enjoy the show but I really don't like who they cast as Uthred. Hes not that great of an actor and his accent just sounds off to me.

DominickTK said:
I really want to enjoy the show but I really don't like who they cast as Uthred. Hes not that great of an actor and his accent just sounds off to me.
Yeah I kind of felt this way until I realised I don't mind his acting so much, just his narration of the intro. Try skipping that and see if it improves.

Just finished the first book in the series and I think I like the show even more. It depicted most of the characters (save the outfits) and events quite accurately. Can't wait for the next seasons.

Just binged the season 3. It was the best of the three so far, loved it. Apparently it deviates a bit more from the books than the other seasons though, but as a show in its own right i found it great, and quite an improvement over the first two seasons. And the acting was superb from Uhtred and specially Alfred.

I've just ordered books two and three of the series, but definitely look forward to binging the third season as soon as I get the time. Judging by the first book, I won't reach the events of the third season by just reading in a very long time anyway. :razz:

The books are really great, but after about the third one it's literally just, "Viking Villain Guest Star of the Week," for 6 books. Still really well written, but I honestly have trouble telling them apart in my memory.

Back
Top Bottom