• Needs work, has potential

Votes: 32 47.8%
  • Needs work, probably not going to help

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • It blows

Votes: 12 17.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Well im a very keen (and non lazy) serf on PW but I found mines pretty hard to track down. If you can make more money/time wood cutting with less stress then people will just do this. Fact is looting gets everything you want very quick so long distance mining convoys just aint gonna happen very often.

Its also harder to get peeople to do stuff in this mod as weapons are much cheaper and less things to buy.

I think the main settlement should have more variety of weapons but they should be very expensive.

eg double barrel musket should be like 10k but still only 5k in bandit camp.

Yeah, I'm sure there will be some balancing done in the next patch. I'll need to make it so that you can make money with chopping wood, but you can make a fortune by mining iron.

I'm not certain wether I should write this for mod feedback or map feedback, either way, here goes.

So far I've really been enjoying the map. The forts are balanced and each have a proper location, very few to no game-breaking bugs, great use of dense trees and forests which creates an awesome atmosphere. However, there is one thing lacking: a reason for warfare. Forts being non-capturable, all the wars I've seen so far have been one side attacking, said side retreating following by an attack from the opposition, and so on in a cycle. War would have a purpose when certain places on the map had actual benefits compared to other territory (*not talking about forts here, I mean geographical non-physical locations such as mines). It happens to be that each fortress has a nearby woodcutting area/iron mine. These two being the only resources in demand, there remains nothing to fight over.

What I suggest is figuring out a resource all factions would benefit from, with only one place to get that resource from. You could also just keep wood as it is, and make iron mines rather scarce: say one or two mines spread over the map in very remote, neutral areas. This would create actual competition between the factions with useful wars: not just fighting out of plain boredom.

There will be a new fort (Well it's already there) up North, that has access to all the uniforms and weapons (Except bandit weapons) in the mod, as well as an iron mine very close by (You're playing on the EU server, yeah? The random iron mine in the middle of the road going to the East Fort is not supposed to be there, it's retarded IMO, was added by Aldric because apparently players are too lazy to mine at the proper locations), but yeah, we might need something like, let's say gold that could be worth fighting over.

Elduar said:
You could also just keep wood as it is, and make iron mines rather scarce: say one or two mines spread over the map in very remote, neutral areas. This would create actual competition between the factions with useful wars: not just fighting out of plain boredom.
Yeah, if the players were to use the actual mines, they would notice that once they have mined those out, it takes ages for them to respawn, forcing them to go out and find new deposits, which is where the North Fort comes in. But yeah, as it is, the map on the EU server is not the official one.

Comrade Temuzu said:
The random iron mine in the middle of the road going to the East Fort is not supposed to be there, it's retarded IMO, was added by Aldric because apparently players are too lazy to mine at the proper locations), but yeah, we might need something like, let's say gold that could be worth fighting over.

My entire post was based on this change seeing it is the only mine I have used so far. ******** Aldric, always casualizing ****.

I'm certain that if indeed this mine was removed, the map would function great. Before I knew of said mine, we actually had a war going with the Prussian fort and had to push up and secure the mine due to running out of muskets.

The economy is so far a lot more basic than PW. There is little incentive to get money so I wouldnt rely on long mining trips and work.

This is why I suggested adding food to the mod and making it valuable some how so there is some basis for productive activity and more importantly, something to steal apart from someones guns.

Yeah, hunting grounds and perhaps wild corn or such could become necessary for survival, if wheat alone couldnt support the population. The the Indians would have a good reason to defend their lands too.

Hey trust me Elduar you are not the only players here, and before i put the secondary small mine people weren't even bothering to get iron as it was faster to cut wood or to kill someone for his gun.
The resultant was a large amount of outlaw gun and low quality gear like sword and pistol instead of crafted guns

I fixed that knowing what the EU players would do. Go to the nearest location and mine so the crafter can craft.

Aldric said:
Hey trust me Elduar you are not the only players here, and before i put the secondary small mine people weren't even bothering to get iron as it was faster to cut wood or to kill someone for his gun.
The resultant was a large amount of outlaw gun and low quality gear like sword and pistol instead of crafted guns

I fixed that knowing what the EU players would do. Go to the nearest location and mine so the crafter can craft.

Yeah, quickly after I wrote that I realized if iron would be extremely scarce people would just rely on unlimited stockpiled guns such as the outlawed ones. Also apologies for the hostile attitude I've been giving, it is indeed true you are condemned to suit the needs of tons of players with tons of different tastes.

I still however think it is important we try to come up with ideas to solve the useless wars: I'm certain capturable territory won't happen anytime soon.

Right now there is excessive killing without any roleplay whatsoever which makes it feel like a massive free-for-all at times, I would agree with raising the stock guns prices  such as Old Muskets, Rifles, Double-Barrel, etc. This would make the gun more valuable rather than having around 30 on the floor around the map where people tend to just pick them up and then shoot the next guy they see that has a weapon just because they can rather than actually wanting the loot.

2n07ocz.png

Right now at 2554, staying here for past 5 minutes :/

I thik the basic idea of limiting guns is good but there tends to be some many around that you barely need to bother buying one. I can usually loot a gun in about 5 mins of walking around.

I think the good guns like rifles and double barreled are too cheap. Old musket is a good price. I also think mines and wood might as well be a bit closer. Getting people to work is even harder than in PW.

I really think something more like food and animal farming is needed to fill the black whole a bit. Food needs to be really important some how becase working/organising for money/equip isnt really needed that much.

while in Medieval rp I usually aimed to limit weapon supply tothe common people indeed, here I follow a totally different philosophy.
Every man needs to hold a gun for security reason. Texas Yeehaw! Only a good person with a gun can stop a bad person with a gun  :mrgreen:

They would use pistols while dont run out I think.

There is a potential problem with outlaws not having to craft anything though. I think outlaws should only be able to get unlimited poor quality guns.

The best ones should be crafted and for factions/limited. The benefit of organisation would be stocks of high quality weapons and the money to buy them.

Aye, I'm looking into the prices right now, I'm thinking the price of iron should go up to 1000, while the buying prize of free weapons (Those you dont need to craft) should be much more than those you do need to craft, to encourage buying craftable weapons, therefore encouraging mining.

EDIT. Here's the list of changes I managed to gather, from here and elsewhere. Feel free to add to it.

-Bandit weapons only for bandits
-Dun horse for natives
-Faction flag protection via hiding or barriers
-Weapon prices up
-Iron prices up
-Rawhide prices up
-More things for players to do?
-Price of all wood items potentially up by a small amount (about 20% less)?
-Something to prevent the war between Colonists and East Front (Natural barrier, a river for example?)
-More reasons to explore the land (Hidden iron veins near the colonists/forts that give a nice amount of iron but respawn extremely slowly? Could also give a nice early boost to economy)
-Less trees, more landscape?

How the hell did you people manage to find a way of capping those goddamn flags anyway? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom