Votes: 6 9.0%
  • It blows

Votes: 12 17.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Map: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,276871.0.html

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7p6m3m4yjvmbpu/scn_scene_2.sco

Code:
 scn_scene_2 scene_2 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x0000000330000000000fffff000000000000000000000000 
 outer_terrain_beach

Hello there! This thread here is aimed for discussing the Frontier map on the server. I am always open for comments of all sorts, so leave them here, and we'll discuss them.

In the meanwhile, here are some little tips regarding the map.

tNovJ.png
PEn6n.png
NnB4x.png
xb9ij.png
UPDrF.png
917z6.png
5v1T0.png

And lastly, some points I'd like to make about the map.

1) The second tribe is supposed to be a warlike tribe, therefore it does not have a teleporter of its own. I want this faction to be for the ones who want a proper challenge.
2) I probably wont be releasing a map of the scene, I want the players to either map it themselves, or even better, discover it all on themselves. I realize that it may be frustrating, but for the most part I imagine it would be much more interesting.
3) The map was edited prior to the release without my knowledge (Or permission for that matter), so if you happen to notice any logical fallacies such as a hammer being purchasable a few meters away from the general store which already has a hammer for sale, please let me know, same goes for any scene props that seem badly placed, such as sunken wood heaps.
4) If you wish to report a glitch, try to be as descriptive as possible, or even better, post a screenshot!

Suggestion:

A bit of cleanup maybe? 800+ Kb for a Warband map is a bit too much. I feel like you should delete a good part of all those trees and make some plains to ride on, with small mountains as an addition in order not to lose the ambush ability.

They're far up north. To find the more "civilized" tribe, follow the river that starts from East Fort. To find the more warlike tribe, follow the river near North Fort, until you come across a river crossing, and then head for the forest near the cliffs.

Perhaps I should put up a map. :lol:

Oh, and I'll get the map fixed tomorrow, there are some issues with it, such as the North Point having no real reason to be captured, I will add weapons and all the other good stuff there.

Hmm, Prussian Fort is the one next to the river, right? Sadly I dont think there's anything I can do about that particular problem, not to my knowledge anyway.

Elduar said:
Prussian Fort wooden doors health bar is invisible when broken down. It also took like 3 trees in wood to get one back to full health.

That's a mod related problem. It has nothing to do with the scene. It's better to adress it in the bug thread, as it has to do with codes mostly.

The weapons table in the colonist town need to be moved, as players keep getting stuck behind it and it takes me ages to get them unstuck.

Yeah, I noticed it was a bit too forward, I'll move it to the wall.

Or you could stop acting like monkeys. :razz: Maybe I'll make it so anyone who jumps behind the table cant leave. I shall call it the monkey cage.

I really think there should be more clearly defined roads, sometimes I'll be walking along on a road and it will simply end and I'll have no idea where to go from there.

And what is with the obscene amount of bears? There seem to be dozens but they don't do anything, don't attack me or walk away.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Hello there! This thread here is aimed for discussing the Frontier map on the server. I am always open for comments of all sorts, so leave them here, and we'll discuss them.

In the meanwhile, here are some little tips regarding the map.

tNovJ.png
PEn6n.png
NnB4x.png
xb9ij.png
UPDrF.png
917z6.png
5v1T0.png
Nothing important but these aren't in order :O (The numbers)

Oh yeah, I forgot to remove them. :lol: I'll fix em.

James Grant said:
I really think there should be more clearly defined roads, sometimes I'll be walking along on a road and it will simply end and I'll have no idea where to go from there.

And what is with the obscene amount of bears? There seem to be dozens but they don't do anything, don't attack me or walk away.
Cant comment on the bears, I can always remove their spawn points, but it would probably be better if it was fixed coding-wise.

As for the roads, hmm, which roads are you talking about? The only one I can think of...Well, I cant think of any roads that just end nowhere.

Well I'm not utterly sure because I always seem to get lost, I'll have to look again so I can give you a more specific answer.

Could foret be part cause for the massive lag though?

It could do with more clearings and such - really confusing for noobs.

Von Blucher said:

It could do with more clearings and such - really confusing for noobs.
Not just for noobs, I have played that map more than most due to testing it and I still cant find my way around at all :s. It may just be that I have a terrible sense of direction though.

There are not many landmarks to use to guide you.

When in deep forest it becomes very easy to get lost.

I dont mind this but thick forest simply covers too much of the map IMO. Maybe 1/3 -1/2 should be thick forest at most.

I will see about adding more landmarks, what kind of landmark did you have in mind? A clearing is not much of a landmark.

Besides, I personally dont share the view that the map is easy to get lost in, especially if you're using the map done by a player. But I guess that's because I know the map inside and out.

Von Blucher said:
Doubt it, we especially built the mod based on a feature of Warband, instancing, meaning that if a scene has a lot of the same scene prop, in this case the forests, it will use instancing, and wont lag as much as it had the same number of props that were different. You need to turn instancing on in the options, if you havent already.

Alright, here's the changelog on the fixes of the map so far:

Added safe spawn for bandits.
Added a small crafting point next to the Colonist armory; I'll need to look into the crafting a bit more to make sense of it, apparently you cant craft a weapon without having a purchase point of the weapon nearby, which is peculiar but I'll find a way around it.
Added the following to North Point to make it worth capturing and fighting over:
Spawn points
Crafting capabilities (In fact, as it stands, it is the easiest place to produce weapons at)
Weapons (All gunpowder based weapons except for the bandit weapons, there are a total of 45 muskets in the stockpiles to begin with)
6YztW.png

And that's about it. North Point is now almost like a third soldier faction, except it doesnt have any class changing point, meaning you cant actually join the faction. North Point does not have a safe spawn, because it's supposed to be a capturable fort, therefore with a constant stream of new soldiers pouring out of the fort, it would be pretty hard to capture. Also, due to not having any class changing points, you will have to travel all the way from the colonist town as a weapon smith and master weapon smith. Nothing I can do about that I'm afraid.

Anything else you guys have in mind I should add? Aldric had modifed the map on the EU server so that crafting was a lot easier, by adding things like extra mines and such, but we intend on having a poll about what you guys want to see in the map, so I wont be adding those changes to the official map quite yet.

Back
Top Bottom