• Needs work, has potential

Votes: 32 47.8%
  • Needs work, probably not going to help

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • It blows

Votes: 12 17.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

There's an exploit where people can spawn inside of Colonial Town instead of their own fort. This has been abused for a war, as well as Highwaymen and some Natives using it to get some fast kills melee-ing people to death. It's made worse when some of the faction colours are very close, and hard to discern so you can't just gun them down.

I don't have any screenshots, because how do I screenshot a person spawning in? That, and I've only seen it happen once myself. However others in my faction said it was happening en masse.

Domkey in the Fotress on the River (I think East Point) cant be attached in a cart  :cry: So if East Point has a war with colonist this war becames Blockade

Rigadoon said:
Aldric said:
If we limits guns how would people would defend against bad people with guns ? That the problem.

:lol:
What'cha laughing at, the NRA came trough with this chain of argument until today since technically the days our mod here takes place in.

Nuchiha said:
There's an exploit where people can spawn inside of Colonial Town instead of their own fort. This has been abused for a war, as well as Highwaymen and some Natives using it to get some fast kills melee-ing people to death. It's made worse when some of the faction colours are very close, and hard to discern so you can't just gun them down.

I don't have any screenshots, because how do I screenshot a person spawning in? That, and I've only seen it happen once myself. However others in my faction said it was happening en masse.
Yes, definitely remove this faction training point, people leave the colonist faction armed to within seconds turn against their former teammates (with a so called "valid reason" , given the colony is at war with North Point Faction, and not because they're abusive, cowardly, backstabbing pricks of course).
This was the actual reason I came here to post.

I think the outlaw camp should be moved as a matter of urgency. While they do attack the town, there is far too much DM vs the indians. There is also lots of spawnkilling outlaws by the Indians because a lot of people cant be bothered going to the settlement (its a long way).

Also, you should remove the wood stockpiles from the logging camp. The wood is needed INSIDE the fort at the armoury so just have sell points there. I think old musket price is ok but pistols should be a bit more. Rifles and double barreled should probably double in price.

PS i noticed you mentioned increasing iron and wood prices. I think this might make crafting very unattractive even with increase to weapon prices. Best be careful with that one.

I added a safe spawn for the bandits so they can choose which camp they spawn at. This should prevent spawn camping to some extent. As for the logging camp, I'll reduce the prices there considerably, encouraging people to sell their things inside the town.

Nuchiha said:

Cant fix it if I dont know how it happens.

Nuchiha said:

It's due to the mercenary training point for north point, i will remove that

I added a safe spawn for the bandits so they can choose which camp they spawn at. This should prevent spawn camping to some extent. As for the logging camp, I'll reduce the prices there considerably, encouraging people to sell their things inside the town.

This wont stop the indians and outlaws constantly fighting. Every time I play in native faction 1 there are as many raids on outlaw posts (plus admins turning up cos of spawn killing) as there are on settlements. This isnt a good thing.

Also, immigrant teleport to both indian settlements would be cool.

Well when you put an outlaw post so much closer to indian camp than the settlement then this is what will happen. People go for the outlaws as it takes about 1/4 of the time to get there.

So yeah, its about positioning.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Yeah, hunting grounds and perhaps wild corn or such could become necessary for survival, if wheat alone couldnt support the population. The the Indians would have a good reason to defend their lands too.

The Indians would need more of a suitable 'camp' to do this. Not a few teepee huts surrounded by dense forest. More of a grounds or reservation would be suitable.

One of the hair/hat on the map cannot be bought, its the one in the colonial settlement in the male department where all the wigs are, above the last wig on the left.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Von Blucher said:
Well when you put an outlaw post so much closer to indian camp than the settlement then this is what will happen. People go for the outlaws as it takes about 1/4 of the time to get there.
They dont though. If they want to go as either they'll use the teleport hub. The time difference is mere seconds.

Cltcam said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
Yeah, hunting grounds and perhaps wild corn or such could become necessary for survival, if wheat alone couldnt support the population. The the Indians would have a good reason to defend their lands too.

The Indians would need more of a suitable 'camp' to do this. Not a few teepee huts surrounded by dense forest. More of a grounds or reservation would be suitable.
If I had the proper scene props for this, I would make an indian village with wooden longhouses and palisades and the whole deal. But I dont.

Here are some more changes I've made.

Increased the price of nearly all weapons, exceptions being melee weapons (For the most part). Pistols and muskets are both quite expensive, especially for the soldiers, considering they get rifles for free if stockpiled. However, North Fort has comparably the cheapest weapons in the map, even more reasons to capture it.
Stockpiles of weapons reduced; 10 muskets and 5 carbines to begin with for both forts. Better go get that iron before you run out of weapons, might need to start forming pikelines if that happens.
The price of the wood in the lumbercamp reduced significantly; It is much more worth it to load your wood on a cart and sell it inside the town.
Price of iron increased by 100%.
Bandit weapons now only purchasable by bandits.
Both forts now completely able to produce weapons, just need those workers.
Fixed the glitch where Colonist Town, both Forts and Tribe 1 could be capped. No longer possible (Hopefully).
Minor glitches and such fixed, not worth mentioning.

Still working on it, going to see if I can reduce the amount of trees by a large amount, and adding more iron veins in the vicinity of the forts and town. Not mines, mind you, but solitary veins that respawn slowly and are inside forests where you're not safe.

Anything I'm missing?

The price of the wood in the lumbercamp reduced significantly; It is much more worth it to load your wood on a cart and sell it inside the town.
Price of iron increased by 100%.
Bandit weapons now only purchasable by bandits.
Both forts now completely able to produce weapons, just need those workers.

This are very good changes.

Cltcam said:
Agreed, we need total control over the dangerous redskins. Reservation camp sounds good to me. In exchange we could sell them alcohol and grant gambling priviledges.
/spam

Anything I'm missing?
Aldric said he'll change it above, I still want to to remind of the need to move the Training Point of Fort North Point.
Obvious choice would be fort North Point itself, then armies would not suddenly raise in the town center to kill colonists anymore.

But...North Point doesnt have a training point of any sort. I have never placed one, anyway. :neutral: Mind telling me where it is, so I can make sure I havent placed it in the official scene?

I suspect that Aldric might have placed one for whatever reason.

Comrade Temuzu said:
But...North Point doesnt have a training point of any sort. I have never placed one, anyway. :neutral: Mind telling me where it is, so I can make sure I havent placed it in the official scene?

I suspect that Aldric might have placed one for whatever reason.

He placed a mercenary training for north point in the colonist town just behind the immigrant pole.

Back
Top Bottom