Version number
e1.5.6
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

jojo80565

Recruit
Normally,the game config. would be saved at Onedrive/username/documents/configs..., but there had some trouble to my onedrive (capacity is full),so i changed the documents folder to another place in C-disk, then the nightmare came.
At the begining, the game surprisely worked fine, but after sometime I delete some duplicate config file , the game crash bec. the butterlib mod.
Explicitly, crash bec. some file will be produced after the game work a few time ,and those file showed as "
Garbled".
just like this "湯楦獧敜杮湩彥潣普杩琮瑸"
link to picture:
#This imgur link include all issues, a System.ArgumentNullException is also noticed. Some description about detail have been add on imgur.

An undefined path character exception will be caused if I run with butterlib.mod, but it's still working if I just run native version(i.e., without any nonofficial mod)
(Note that these files are produced under native version, and game crash while loading with butterlib.mod)

Moreover, such files will become more and more and more seem that there does not exist a limit, before I re-installed the game, I just deleted almost 2000 files like that.
Another issue is, I had reset documents file to the original place(Onedrive/user...),but the config data would no longer saved to here. (link: )
I gauss now the game prefer to save at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client , that may cause some bug.
Also, the engine config file would be saved at my C-disk directly. ( link: )
Sorry for my noob action for removing documents from onedrive...

Last edited:
Could you try to perform a clean install?

Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Also, I'll need a crash ID. Could you send a crash dump through the crash uploader and post the crash report ID here?

As the required information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as resolved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

Back
Top Bottom