The companions I'm making

Do you like the idea of the new companions?

• Yes

Votes: 192 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • You lazy ass making us do the work! :p

Votes: 24 10.7%
  • Try... read my post

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Yo! I completely forgot about this thread and im sorry about that. Got back to Warband after a long time and wondering here if you guys wanted me to write more stuff of the 2 characters i wrote (numbers 28 and 32). If so, it would be nice to know what data do you need to make the character's ready. I know that the companions arent exactly the first thing being implemented, but i dont want to be the one slowing you down when its time  :smile:.

Fisu said:
Yo! I completely forgot about this thread and im sorry about that. Got back to Warband after a long time and wondering here if you guys wanted me to write more stuff of the 2 characters i wrote (numbers 28 and 32). If so, it would be nice to know what data do you need to make the character's ready. I know that the companions arent exactly the first thing being implemented, but i dont want to be the one slowing you down when its time  :smile:.

Yay, Fisu has gone out of his coma!

May I say I love your companion ideas. But something that may come in handy is the Facekey of the character, so instead of trying to re-create a face from a picture Computica can just pop in the text and the face is good to go! (I think) You can find your face key by exporting your character, and going to C:\Users\Saint\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\Characters and then find your character name, open the file and then look for your facekey. Simple as that!

Thanks man, edited the face keys to my posts. Not sure if those are the right face keys though. Also gave Hames hiring dialogue, pretty rough but i will work on it more later. I will also add some other dialogue to them later.

Meh, face keys are not something I am familiar with, but I just put in face key 1 and 2, good thing you did too. And I wouldn't worry about trying to rush dialogue, Computica may still be on a break, so there is plenty of time. I've been editing mine since about July of 2012, so i'm sure there's lots of time.  :grin:

Yeah there is no rush on companions, there is lots to do code wise before it comes back around to implementing companions.

I am fairly certain the overhaul will be done before companions which is a BIG job, I keep trying to motivate compy with my adulation of the new features coming, but he stubbornly refuses to soar upon the winds of my praise......GRRRRR!! :grin:

Back to crafting my 'motivational' fire ant trap!

Alright, ill keep adding dialogue to them when i come up with something good enough. Just want to do my part here :grin:.

Oh, Saintrouge, just thinking here that aint Drew Logan a tad too young for his backstory? I see what you are going after with him, but i would personally make him maybe a a year or two older. Years of experience doesnt sound right when he is 17 years old ,but at age 19 i can see that happening. Sounds little more convincing. I dont know, just my two cents here.
About those relations between characters, I can definitely see Fisher almost mocking him jokingly for not drinking. Hames wouldnt find him problematic at all in my opinion, infact maybe even the other way around. Simpler people are easier to command, they follow orders to the letter and nothing more. Also they are more easily influenced if they are the one giving commands... :grin:

Yeah, I struggled with the choice of age, but what got me to say he was 17 was that everyone in the company (besides Whitney) pretty much has a fine reputation and has found glory on the battlefield, and I always enjoyed the thought of being the young gun and rosey-cheeked rookie, so what better than an unstable, inexperienced, well-trained young soldier to be my companion? I never really wanted years of experience to be his back-bone, rather beginners' luck and a strong arm, pretty much, as quoted, just "a hardy recruit".

Yeah I re-read your companions when you came out of your coma, and first thing I thought of was "I don't know why I wrote this like that, I need to change it.".  :grin: I'll get on that at some point.

Fisu said:
Oh, Saintrouge, just thinking here that aint Drew Logan a tad too young for his backstory? I see what you are going after with him, but i would personally make him maybe a a year or two older. Years of experience doesnt sound right when he is 17 years old ,but at age 19 i can see that happening. Sounds little more convincing. I dont know, just my two cents here.
About those relations between characters, I can definitely see Fisher almost mocking him jokingly for not drinking. Hames wouldnt find him problematic at all in my opinion, infact maybe even the other way around. Simpler people are easier to command, they follow orders to the letter and nothing more. Also they are more easily influenced if they are the one giving commands... :grin:

Hmm... The more I read this the more I think you are right.

I was just watching the movie 300 with a friend a while ago, and he said that to me that the average Persian soldier was about 5,9 - 5,11" tall, while Spartans (rather beastly men which I was kinda aiming for in my companion with their harsh training) were about 6 - 6,3" tall. I thought to myself, "can a 17 year-old in ye-olde times really be aroung 6-feet tall?", no. I'm thinking he needs to be older now too. I'm having trouble deciding to be honest, i'll have to re-read all the companions again to compare ages to find the perfect age for Drew.

Edit: Ok, let's try 19.  :grin:

SaintRouge said:
Fisu said:

I was just watching the movie 300 with a friend a while ago, and he said that to me that the average Persian soldier was about 5,9 - 5,11" tall, while Spartans (rather beastly men which I was kinda aiming for in my companion with their harsh training) were about 6 - 6,3" tall. I thought to myself, "can a 17 year-old in ye-olde times really be aroung 6-feet tall?", no. I'm thinking he needs to be older now too. I'm having trouble deciding to be honest, i'll have to re-read all the companions again to compare ages to find the perfect age for Drew.

A 6 foot year old Caucasian at 17 is reasonable, a friend of mine is 16 and 6 foot 3, and I know a 7th grader who was 6 foot 3 as well
(Maybe his black Asian genes)
But for the sake of the battle veteranship, if that's how you say it I guess, 19 should hit the spot.

darthdj31 said:
SaintRouge said:
Fisu said:

A 6 foot year old Caucasian at 17 is reasonable, a friend of mine is 16 and 6 foot 3, and I know a 7th grader who was 6 foot 3 as well
(Maybe his black Asian genes)
But for the sake of the battle veteranship, if that's how you say it I guess, 19 should hit the spot.

Well this is the time where Imperials were around, so 6 feet meant you were a scary giant, as men were like 5, 6" back then. And he is no veteran, just a very trained recruit. I cannot repeat that enough, it is what he is practically based on, a mix of Ymira and Firentis. A n00b (AT BATTLE, HE HAS ONLY BEEN IN ONE BATTLE) and depressed man looking for redemption.

Everyone i'm starting to make the companions into code, so if you want to make changes to yours, do it now. tomorrow the coding begins.

Face codes etc will be very much appreciated (and I think you will find my face editing skills lacking :p)

Giving a list of how the items you want your companions to carry as wel

A dialogue even more so :p

Added some random dialogue to Hames (#npc32). I would like add more stuff but i have been way busier lately than i anticipated. Also im a pretty (read: very) slow writer, mainly because im not too fluent in english. Anyways, thats pretty much all i have time to add atm, if there is anything you need added that can wait a little, let me know.

manekemaan said:
Everyone i'm starting to make the companions into code, so if you want to make changes to yours, do it now. tomorrow the coding begins.

Face codes etc will be very much appreciated (and I think you will find my face editing skills lacking :p)

Giving a list of how the items you want your companions to carry as wel

A dialogue even more so :p

Oh god, better start reading over my companion and iron out everything.

Good luck to you Fisu and everyone else who made a companion, so many good ideas!

...How long has it been? I first posted at about July of 2012 or so,  but then there are 13 other pages... SINCE MAY OF 2011!? I thought I felt old...

So not to sound narcissistic or anything, but while editing my companion I may have used up the 40000 character limit. :mrgreen:

I had to take out some previously written stuff to make just enough room for what I wrote, so is it ok if I use this post to put in any more ideas I come up with? (pardon the double post)

Back
Top Bottom