The Charlie Hebdo attack

Users who are viewing this thread

Honestly, last we need is this trend to be a competitive sport among terrorist. I'm okay with incompetent terrorist. The best type of terrorist is the type that accidentally blows themselves up before committing any incidents.

Gestricius said:
mcwiggum said:
And the Netherlands can take back Flanders.
Yes, please.

Right now there's two hostage situations going on.
http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-30722098

Meanwhile, they're hacking the local municipal websites: http://rt.com/news/221131-hack-isis-france-charlie/

Austupaio said:
Radalan said:
Sherlock Holmes said:
One, hostage.
A person.
Well, yes, I didn't think the French police would be terribly concerned over, say, a cat hostage.

Based on his previous post, I thought it was one of those silly remarks about how the French police should just go in guns blazing because they "only have a one hostage".

Edit: Apparently they did.

AFP is reporting that the Kouachi brothers' hostage has been freed and is safe following a police assault on the warehouse in Dammartin.

Kobrag said:
Its always the same, the town, city or country who has the least contact with a particular people has the most resistance to them or most concern over their pollution of their culture and country.
People who have to live with particular people are the ones with most resistance to a particular people. A tribe can't hate another tribe without having contact with them.
I doubt native Americans and Australian Aborigines feel anything regarding one another. But if you had one move in with the other I'm positive some resistance would arise.

No.
Seriously, the more contact you have, the more you normalise the people you have contact with.

I.e the protests in Germany, the largest protest was in Dresden...one of the smallest percentage of Muslim practitioners out of all the other cities that held protests, and the other cites? order them up by percentage of Muslim population, and you find that less people were present in the protests when the percentage of practitioners was higher.

Kobrag said:
No.
Seriously, the more contact you have, the more you normalise the people you have contact with.

I.e the protests in Germany, the largest protest was in Dresden...one of the smallest percentage of Muslim practitioners out of all the other cities that held protests, and the other cites? order them up by percentage of Muslim population, and you find that less people were present in the protests when the percentage of practitioners was higher.

That doesn't prove anything. Familiarity breeds contempt and "to know you is to love you" is just a silly song.

Kobrag said:
No.

So people in Dresden don't like muslims because they don't have enough muslims there? And they'd like them more if they had more of something they don't like? Can you see how nonsensical that is?

Ra'Jiska said:
They're all dead. Rest in hell.
Bit barbaric.
They just killed people
You are begging for their eternal torment under orthodox christian and Islamic understanding.

Lets instead pray for their salvation and enlightenment.

Ambalon said:
Kobrag said:
No.

So people in Dresden don't like muslims because they don't have enough muslims there? And they'd like them more if they had more of something they don't like? Can you see how nonsensical that is?

I am saying people fear the shadows of things more than the actual physical thing.
Misunderstanding and ignorance fuel hatred.

Back
Top Bottom