Thank you, Viking Conquest team

Users who are viewing this thread

Thank you for providing me with such an incredibly engaging, relatable and engrossing storyline, full of difficult, interesting choices and absolutely incredible twists that at times put even bioware to shame.

Don't let the typos fool you (of which there seem to be none after the hotfix), the story is absolutely incredible, and keeps getting progressively more interesting. (At least it was for me, experience may vary based on your choices. :razz:)

Yes, it was a rocky release and there are issues, but stick with it, below all the technical issues hides Brytenwalda on steroids. :smile:

Hey YourStepDad! Thank you! We are working hard in fix these technical issues  :grin: I am sure that after, everybody will be able to be that VC is so special like Brytenwalda, even more.

I am happy to listen you love our storyline, we put much effort into this  :smile:

Keep going strong, guys! I hope to see more customizing added eventually, but that can come later. The story is incredibly engaging. :grin: Just be sure to add more and more after you've squashed the bugs, like you did with Brytenwalda.

I am quite sad for what is going on here... Yes the DLC has some faults but the story is gripping... and having played VC for a few days now I love it even more... So keep going and don't listen too much to this trolling...

Aethelflaed said:
I am quite sad for what is going on here... Yes the DLC has some faults but the story is gripping... and having played VC for a few days now I love it even more... So keep going and don't listen too much to this trolling...

What I've been saying since day 1 :smile:.

Thank you for releasing this with zero testing, producing the most buggiest infestation I have ever seen in a game, I pitty you, not even starship troopers had to deal with this many killer bugs.
Thank you also for rushing it missing content that obviously should have being released with the game, such as two handed axes, making the 2 handed skill mainly pointless. Thank you for your assurances to add what should have already being in the game weeks after release.

1E988790FCD79D5D4ADF5C9EEF23E52161252AAB

Welcome Troll 2014

YourStepDad said:
Thank you for providing me with such an incredibly engaging, relatable and engrossing storyline, full of difficult, interesting choices and absolutely incredible twists that at times put even bioware to shame.

Don't let the typos fool you (of which there seem to be none after the hotfix), the story is absolutely incredible, and keeps getting progressively more interesting. (At least it was for me, experience may vary based on your choices. :razz:)

Yes, it was a rocky release and there are issues, but stick with it, below all the technical issues hides Brytenwalda on steroids. :smile:

I had a great experience in this DLC. Thanks!

After so many hours into MB, the new setting, and amazing questline proved very refreshing.

Thanks!!!

Two-Handed Spoiler:
I used an amazing Two Handed weapon for most of the DLC playthrough:

Troll Club...65 blunt damage, after being upgraded at Weaponsmith, can't remember before.

You get it by killing the troll at the Troll Bridge, near Ribe.

It requires 25 Strength to wield. With the following starting choices, and putting all points into Str, you can use this at lvl 11:

Tall, Young, Sanguine, Fortitude, Norse.

You can also forgo Young, and go for Adult instead. By doing this, you sacrifice 1 Str and 1 Agi, for 3 Int and 3 Wis. In that case you can use this weapon at lvl 16.

There's also an event which lets you add +1 Str and +1 Int, it happened while I owned a town as a vassal. Not sure what triggered it. I think it was after 80 days in or so.

If your character is not specced for it, getting 25 Str can take an enormous amount of time. That was the case with my first playthrough...but after encountering this weapon in game, and drooling all over it, I decided to re-roll. It was as good as I could have hoped, and definitely worth it.

There may be more, this is just the only one I have found.

Happy Hunting!

nah , this is ridiculous  Taleworld never failed me with his GAMES and now this ""team"" of modders bring  the worst dlc of their company due to a bunch of inexperts modders giving to us one early access MOD because that's isn't a dlc , looks like an early access mod . shame they should be fired and their terrible beta testers(now we are the testers pff) .

Yorkshireman said:
Thank you for releasing this with zero testing, producing the most buggiest infestation I have ever seen in a game, I pitty you, not even starship troopers had to deal with this many killer bugs.
Thank you also for rushing it missing content that obviously should have being released with the game, such as two handed axes, making the 2 handed skill mainly pointless. Thank you for your assurances to add what should have already being in the game weeks after release.

Atleast there are some (like 2) 2-handed weapons. The crossbow skill is in the game, but there are no crossbows.

slayerschris said:
nah , this is ridiculous  Taleworld never failed me with his GAMES and now this ""team"" of modders bring  the worst dlc of their company due to a bunch of inexperts modders giving to us one early access MOD because that's isn't a dlc , looks like an early access mod . shame they should be fired and their terrible beta testers(now we are the testers pff) .

The modders produced the Brytenwalda mod, one of the most popular and successful mods for Warband.  In Viking Conquest they have added much more to the game (albeit initially buggy) than previous mods, including Brytenwalda, ever did.  You could argue that they didn't do a good job testing or polishing Viking Conquest, but to say they aren't good modders is demonstrably false.

Should I say you're an inexpert writer because of your many grammatical errors?

There are way less features and content in this than in Brytenwalda.

Also, I didn't pay them money because I liked Brytenwalda, I paid them money for a completed Viking Conquest. Not for the buggy, unfinished mess they gave us.

Sadly I am not interested in a story mode not even a little bit, mainly because buying M&B I buy it for the sandbox experience which in fact is all what M&B is. For good story I play Dragon Age.

Redleg said:
slayerschris said:

The modders produced the Brytenwalda mod, one of the most popular and successful mods for Warband.  In Viking Conquest they have added much more to the game (albeit initially buggy) than previous mods, including Brytenwalda, ever did.  You could argue that they didn't do a good job testing or polishing Viking Conquest, but to say they aren't good modders is demonstrably false.

Should I say you're an inexpert writer because of your many grammatical errors?

I have played Brytenwalda and after few hours of VC I  have a hard time believing it was produced by the same team.

Yorkshireman said:

There are no two handed axes for a reason. I don't think there were ever meant to be any.

Get the **** out of my thread you subjective twats. :lol:

Ralepozozaxe said:

Also, I didn't pay them money because I liked Brytenwalda, I paid them money for a completed Viking Conquest. Not for the buggy, unfinished mess they gave us.

I never speculated on why you paid money for Viking Conquest.  I don't agree that there are "way less features and content" than in Brytenwalda.  There may be less variety in content (armor, weapons) than in Brytenwalda but Brytenwalda used some OSPs from other modders.

How many bugs were related to the new update to the main game as opposed to not actually testing the thing? I'm curious?
Redleg said:
Ralepozozaxe said:

I never speculated on why you paid money for Viking Conquest.  I don't agree that there are "way less features and content" than in Brytenwalda.  There may be less variety in content (armor, weapons) than in Brytenwalda but Brytenwalda used some OSPs from other modders.
I'd also like to see proof of the "less features" claim.

Yeah, they borrowed from other mods from the same setting. People also donated stuff from their spare time I think as well. Hence the varying quality in textures

I think there should have been at least a couple of two-handed axes but the team stated their reasons. Even in Brytenwalda they admitted the axes were more anachronistic and only found with the Dena. With the DLC they were aiming for steeper historical accuracy.

Well can be great you add more stuff and fix all **** of the Early Acess .... You make a DLC you suppose to add more stuff of the Mod but no you do like a ****ing monkey retard , you kick so many stuff for nothing and you say a yes i totally normal the game look like this ... Best troll ever  Next time Tale Worlds take the mods and say **** you to the modder of the mod ....

YourStepDad said:
Yorkshireman said:

There are no two handed axes for a reason. I don't think there were ever meant to be any.

MaxiWilliam said:
Well can be great you add more stuff and fix all **** of the Early Acess .... You make a DLC you suppose to add more stuff of the Mod but no you do like a ******** monkey retard , you kick so many stuff for nothing and you say a yes i totally normal the game look like this ... Best troll ever  Next time Tale Worlds take the mods and say **** you to the modder of the mod ....

YourStepDad said:
Yorkshireman said:

No comprendo.

Redleg said:
It has been already mentioned in other threads that the mod lacks features that made Brytenwalda stand out, like the Freelancer version it had which it included some extra RP choices, you can't work in farms like before neither, many little RPG elements are not present in this release and saying it came from other modders is not a good reason for them to not be present, they can very well make them themselves. They made an amazing naval combat, why couldn't they design their own Freelancer? Or their own formations plugin? Or some helmets that don't look like ass.

Back
Top Bottom