Thank you TW for breaking all the mods again, sigh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Its so obvious that this will happen while a game is still in early development... They have also stated that while modding is not officially support Yet, it will break things between patches and even hotfixes due to the nature of developing a complex system.

Seriously how many threads like this are gonna pop up, really hits the mark that people who get annoyed/upset cannot think straight in any form. Don't like it, wait till release or modding support is official, simple.

Just to add, yes i am onboard with modding the hell out of this game. But doing it before any official support is a nightmare, not just for the modddders but the players too. People just need to be patient, we waited 8 years. Whats another year break and see how it's doing then?

No need to whine, now constructive critism is valid but all i see is whining.

Beta branch is meant for extra testing the game features, fixes etc and you try to play mods on it that change major things... Cry me a river. If you want to mods stuff, go for the main release.

don't fix the game because it breaks my mods, alt development for me taleworlds please....yeah sorry it doesn't work that way, uninstall the game and come back in 6 month if you still haven't realized early access will break a lot of things in order to develop the game

I really do not get how people complain because of hotfixes for beta branch...

TW, please do not take into account these people and keep releasing hotfix to try to improve the game, It is really appreciated.
Yup. And even when a hotfix accidentally breaks something, it's not the end of the world. That's what having a beta is all about.
The feedback should be: 'this feature seems to be broken after the last hotfix, please address it' and not 'stop updating the game'.

giphy.gif

I wouldn´t be mad if the update would have improved at least something.....

But ok, I´ll just wait a few days until the mods get updated and make the game playable.

Once I got game and mods into a fun, reliable, stable state (1.4.0 plus a few hotfixes) I turned off auto updating in steam. Then just simply launch through the exe for the launcher in the game files.

Perhaps not an ideal solution but it's worked for me. I'll play this save until the next major update and wait for the following hotfixes and mod updates before I update again.

The TW Beta branch is "unstable" as they have said multiple times, yet you choose to play on it using mods which is not even supported atm, and then you complain about them breaking?

Either stay on stable versions or dont use mods on beta branches.

I really do not get how people complain because of hotfixes for beta branch...

TW, please do not take into account these people and keep releasing hotfix to try to improve the game, It is really appreciated.
Isn't 1.4 the stable branch? We also got a hotfix that broke all or most our mods.

Once I got game and mods into a fun, reliable, stable state (1.4.0 plus a few hotfixes) I turned off auto updating in steam. Then just simply launch through the exe for the launcher in the game files.

Perhaps not an ideal solution but it's worked for me. I'll play this save until the next major update and wait for the following hotfixes and mod updates before I update again.
Yeah I was going to do that as well but I went away for about 2-3 days and came back to the patch. Once these mods are up running and I have everything set up I'm going to just copy my folder to another location and keep pasting it over the new patched files.

The modding community is doing most of the jobs after the EA release, such as fixing perks, balancing and adding new contents. But instead of supporting and collaborating with the modding community, TW choose to break all the mods by making that tiny hot fix. Isn't that great...

Unsure what you think should happen. Should a company not fix their code? What about all those who don't play those mods? Or any mods. Should Taleworld's first responsibility be to the modders? Should they seek modder permission to release a fix? Should they test their fix against mods? (i mean... what). Should they delay a release based on a modding community? Should they wait for *every* mod to fix itself?

Yeah, get annoyed, but unsure quite what you think they should actually do here. Place the modders above all and sundry as the most important aspect of developing an early access game? What's your desired solution?

I don't know how many times I have to bring this up but recommending mods to people in this game, in early access, with the frequency of tiny updates to both live and beta which breaks them and screws up saves isn't wise. At some point modding the game will be a viable alternative to dealing with it's broken mechanics, but it just isn't right now and really wish people would quit saying it is as some kind of defense.

This is why I unninstalled the game. 2 weeks for some hotfixes of "rare crash this, rare crash that".
I've had it with this ****.

Patches will break many mods. What's so hard to understand about that? Either don't install them if you want to play the most up to date version of the game or don't update the game until modders update mods you are using.

If you update the game without updating the mods, you have but yourself to blame.

I have 5 mods and i always use the beta branch, no problems. Only the translation mod sometimes wont work. But im also totally aware that it will be my own fault if i break my game with mods right now. So i make sure i use mods that are known to be stable and wont edit my savegame.

Its EA and the developers and the modders also, warn that mods can break your game. So dont start pointing with the finger to someone else, point it at yourself.

Back
Top Bottom