Thank you TW for breaking all the mods again, sigh...

Users who are viewing this thread

im using 20 od mods, ive set the game to beta branch 1.40
So far so good, although there was an update done to an oldbeta branch version that broke this a few weeks back, but mod makers fixed, and i have to drop a handful of mods for those that didnt.

I understand its develepment phase and things will break.
but please leave the OLD beta versions as they are, no need to updat ethe non current \ up to the minute builds?!

Mods are great, but holding up the game's development just so you can finish your modded playthrough is dumb.

The game's still in heavy development and patches can break your save at any time. Get used to it. Disable steam updates and play offline.

I really do not get how people complain because of hotfixes for beta branch...

TW, please do not take into account these people and keep releasing hotfix to try to improve the game, It is really appreciated.
So, is 1.4.0 part of the beta branch?

I'm making a call here to all the sane people that understand that keeping mod that edit XML compatible for the Beta branch of an early access game is secondary:

Please stop posting here, let the frustrated vent, nothing will come out of this.

Isn't 1.4 the stable branch? We also got a hotfix that broke all or most our mods.
smh. Notice how all the white knights and fanboys are not providing valuable communication. Instead they stick to the same answers and/or falsely claim that we're playing 1.4.1 when we clearly stated that we're playing 1.4.0.

smh. Notice how all the white knights and fanboys are not providing valuable communication. Instead they stick to the same answers and/or falsely claim that we're playing 1.4.1 when we clearly stated that we're playing 1.4.0.
It doesn't matter what version you're on. You're fooling yourself if you think any version is stable. They can and will be updated frequently and without warning. So if you want to mod the game, then be smart and turn off the auto updates. Its not that difficult.

It doesn't matter what version you're on. You're fooling yourself if you think any version is stable. They can and will be updated frequently and without warning. So if you want to mod the game, then be smart and turn off the auto updates. Its not that difficult.
turning off updates is a good idea. It would be nice though if they implement sweeping changes to make them a branch version so that we can roll back. Sweeping changes as a hotfix is not the best idea imo.

Someone at Taleword: Hey guys let's break all the mods !

*Dev team quickly writing 2 lines of code*
Taleword Dev : Okay that should do it, the problem is that it might fix all of this ...

• Fixed a rare crash on the campaign map regarding village items.
  • Fixed a crash related to newly spawned caravans.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to talk with a companion while inside hideouts.
  • Fixed an issue with missing dialogues for supporting a kingdom in the main storyline after loading which blocked progression.
  • Fixed a client crash on crowded servers when the amount of created weapons in the environment exceeded a certain threshold.
As well as
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when kingdoms declare war while the "Company of Trouble" quest was active.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred when clicking done in the simulation battle result screen.
  • Fixed a rare crash that happened while talking to a companion.
  • Kingdom tributes are now paid daily rather than one-time.
    • Kingdom tribute payments are shared between clans as follows:
      • Each regular clan has 1 share and ruling clan has 4 shares
      • Every town adds 3 shares
      • Each castle adds 1 share
  • Added a fix for the Player's King's Decision.
  • The AI now leaves less garrison to settlements with low prosperity. This should improve problems with starvation.
  • We spotted a 3x inflation for hearths over 15 game years. The daily hearth increase for villages was changed to 0.5 from 1.
  • Fixed some visual bugs on the Baravenos Encirclement and Xauna MP scenes.

Someone else at Taleword : Damn but we only wanted to break mods ! Post it anyway...

This is no where close to all the mods it breaks

That pretty much sums up full release games as well. You get a bunch of mods then bam out of no where game gets patched broke all your mods. It's a learning experience for all of us who got janked. Back up your file or turn of auto-updates and nothing to worry about. Only a bit upset I have to wait a few days for the mods to update so I have to play without a few key features mainly diplomacy.

That pretty much sums up full release games as well. You get a bunch of mods then bam out of no where game gets patched broke all your mods. It's a learning experience for all of us who got janked. Back up your file or turn of auto-updates and nothing to worry about. Only a bit upset I have to wait a few days for the mods to update so I have to play without a few key features mainly diplomacy.
I'm upset more that this "hotfix" seems like sweeping changes. It was not set as a new branch and there is no roll-back option. I've been playing daily but haven't played since the hotfix :sad:.

Lesson learned though, turn off updates and play offline.

I'm upset more that this "hotfix" seems like sweeping changes. It was not set as a new branch and there is no roll-back option. I've been playing daily but haven't played since the hotfix :sad:.

Lesson learned though, turn off updates and play offline.

• Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to talk with a companion while inside hideouts.
  • Fixed an issue with missing dialogues for supporting a kingdom in the main storyline after loading which blocked progression.
  • Fixed a client crash on crowded servers when the amount of created weapons in the environment exceeded a certain threshold.
Isn't that the only thing 1.4.0 got patched? Wonder why it broke so many mods.

What people fail to understand- we didnt get a choice. If this was like OPTIONAL thing, modded games stay, rest stays as well. Instead, people with mods are screwed.

Isn't that the only thing 1.4.0 got patched? Wonder why it broke so many mods.
There were certainly other changes made. Maybe a refactoring of class structure.

Back
Top Bottom