Thank you TW for breaking all the mods again, sigh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Edit (PLEASE READ BEFORE FANBOYING):

I NEVER said the devs should stop developing the game. I was saying dev should have MINIMUM respect to the modders and stop updating the game after writing every 2 lines of code as if they were finishing some highschool class projects. I NEVER said that I have a problem with v1.5 breaking mods from v1.4. I said that I'm having a problem that they were adding 2 lines of code and render hundreds of modders efforts worthless.

Please note that they were breaking mods with their tiny hotfix on BOTH beta branch and the main branch

I'm not even complaining about the content updating pace but the modders were doing 10x more contributions than the TW after the EA release, and could very likely be the group to keep this game alive for years in the future (see Skyrim as a reference) and the dev should stop sabotaging the modding communities' effort at the very least.

Think about this scenario: would you rather have these two lines of code and uninstall the mods, or would you rather temporarily give up whatever the improvements these two lines of code made, and roll back to make the mods work again? If the answer is simple, then the devs are doing something wrong.
Hall of Fame - Top stupid comments:

1. It's EA!

The modding community is doing most of the jobs after the EA release, such as fixing perks, balancing and adding new contents. But instead of supporting and collaborating with the modding community, TW choose to break all the mods by making that tiny hot fix. Isn't that great...

Last edited:
Yep, tried to stream the game for some potential buyers and it wouldn't even get past character creation with my mods. I'm sorry but Taleworlds has really shat the bed on this one.

The modding community is doing most of the jobs after the EA release, such as fixing perks, balancing and adding new contents. But instead of supporting and collaborating with the modding community, TW choose to break all the mods by making that tiny hot fix. Isn't that great...

smh. A bunch of people will be coming in to complain about how we shouldn't complain if we add mods. But that isn't the point here. With that forced hot fix, the troops no longer stay in formation. Some just stand where they are and they no longer move when you order loose formation. You once again have to move the troops. smh.

smh. A bunch of people will be coming in to complain about how we shouldn't complain if we add mods. But that isn't the point here. With that forced hot fix, the troops no longer stay in formation. Some just stand where they are and they no longer move when you order loose formation. You once again have to move the troops. smh.

The talesworld is acting like a bunch of high school computer student, uploading their stuff after writing every 2 line of code...

Mods are a great way of adding things to the game and they will contribute to the longevity of the games. That said, mods users and creators for an EA game need to be patient. The types of patches that occur will fundamentally change the game and it will be impossible to keep mods stable between patches.

Its unfortunate, but unavoidable. If mods are necessary for your enjoyment, Id suggest stopping and waiting until the game is a bit more stable before playing.

Mods are a great way of adding things to the game and they will contribute to the longevity of the games. That said, mods users and creators for an EA game need to be patient. The types of patches that occur will fundamentally change the game and it will be impossible to keep mods stable between patches.

Its unfortunate, but unavoidable. If mods are necessary for your enjoyment, Id suggest stopping and waiting until the game is a bit more stable before playing.

But you don't have to update for every 2 line of code added and breaking all the mods. What's the point for this hotfix anyway? To disable all the mods?

1.4.0 was stable for me and I was able to play 1000 vs 1000 battles. The forced hot fix made many things unstable.

I use mods too but using mods in EA is done at your own risk. Writing mods is at your own risk, too.
TW are doing what they can to work towards finishing that game and for those people who play unmodded, those hotfixes can be important.

While I think that they should have a good, close look at the modding scene, I don't think they owe us any consideration towards the modders when creating patches.

I don't understand how you can blame the devs for working on their game during Early Access. This phase is meant for working on the game. TW impossibly could take care of all the mods. I really like mods and wouldn't play without, but in EA there are other priorities.

If you are annoyed by frequent changes and like to play with a certain mod setting, do it like I do, use the stable version, disable automated updates and run Steam offline.

what irks me is that there is no rollback.
a patch with this many changes should not be rolled out as a hotfix, it should be rolled out as a separate patch so people could roll back if it doesn't work.

TW choose to break all the mods by making that tiny hot fix

Someone at Taleword: Hey guys let's break all the mods !

*Dev team quickly writing 2 lines of code*
Taleword Dev : Okay that should do it, the problem is that it might fix all of this ...

• Fixed a rare crash on the campaign map regarding village items.
  • Fixed a crash related to newly spawned caravans.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to talk with a companion while inside hideouts.
  • Fixed an issue with missing dialogues for supporting a kingdom in the main storyline after loading which blocked progression.
  • Fixed a client crash on crowded servers when the amount of created weapons in the environment exceeded a certain threshold.
As well as
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when kingdoms declare war while the "Company of Trouble" quest was active.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred when clicking done in the simulation battle result screen.
  • Fixed a rare crash that happened while talking to a companion.
  • Kingdom tributes are now paid daily rather than one-time.
    • Kingdom tribute payments are shared between clans as follows:
      • Each regular clan has 1 share and ruling clan has 4 shares
      • Every town adds 3 shares
      • Each castle adds 1 share
  • Added a fix for the Player's King's Decision.
  • The AI now leaves less garrison to settlements with low prosperity. This should improve problems with starvation.
  • We spotted a 3x inflation for hearths over 15 game years. The daily hearth increase for villages was changed to 0.5 from 1.
  • Fixed some visual bugs on the Baravenos Encirclement and Xauna MP scenes.

Someone else at Taleword : Damn but we only wanted to break mods ! Post it anyway...

I guess that's the kind of feedback nobody really needs.
As long as the game is in early access your mods will break again and again. Especially when you are on the beta build...

2 lines of does not equal 100mb of patch.
this was a major rewrite of allot of things, it should not be pushed as a hotfix but as a main patch.

I was just quoting a previous post for the "2 Lines of codes" for the irony, glad you mentioned it.
For the main patch thing, it's applied to the Beta branch. Beta branch can't have 2 version in advance compared to main, and 1.4.1 can't be pushed live because it still have issue.

14b4c70a40eb875ef1ff365246a646f7.jpg

I really do not get how people complain because of hotfixes for beta branch...

TW, please do not take into account these people and keep releasing hotfix to try to improve the game, It is really appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom