Thank you TW for breaking all the mods again, sigh...

Users who are viewing this thread

you did not pay full prise no, you actually got a 15-30% discount all after how you bought the game.
Of course I did, the price was already high enough to give a tip on top
And I find more interesting the work made by modders than the actual EA improvements

Of course I did, the price was already high enough to give a tip on top
And I find more interesting the work made by modders than the actual EA improvements
thats not how it works though, you cant just say: i think this game is too expensive, so even though i got a massive discount i wont count cause reason...

Good ideas. And for the record, we paid full price for the game only to be unpaid beta testers. The mods make the game playable, PLAYABLE you other guys, I don't know how anyone can start a campaign for the 20th time without some of those mods.
You paid discounted price as a pre-order to the final release version. As a bonus they allow you to play and test the beta for free.

You paid discounted price as a pre-order to the final release version. As a bonus they allow you to play and test the beta for free.
So the final game is going to be $60? So if you bought the game when it first went into EA you get an extra discount?!? Lucky. At least I don't have to pay full price and I'm getting my moneys worth anyways and I'm only about 60 hours in. Some games I've bought $60 and got half that time played.

I have been playing on an older version with all the mods I like. Unless they add some new contents that introduce new game plays, I am not updating my game just to break all the mods that give more fun.
I think it's ok for player as long as they allow us to play in an older version that is compatible with mods. However, I can understand it could be frustrating for the modding community to stay updated with the newest version of the game.

you did not pay full prise no, you actually got a 15-30% discount all after how you bought the game.
well actually its more like an investment mechanic if anything.
The company wanted early seed money and we paid for a partial product, with the benefit of gaining something in the future; A full product.

Ill gladly help along the way with dev and bugs and what not. I have asked to have separate installs so i can have a Dev and a main line installation in order to do this,
for EURO 45 i expect to be able to gain some enjoyment also, having paid 75% of a FULL product, its not free after all.

people should separate their emotion from this and think rationally, we all have different opinions, to be respected likewise.

ShoutOut to the dedicated modders who have already exceeded themselves and made the game interesting.
I would not be paying\playing without them.

You need to stick to the stable version, some mod makers do not update for the beta version. Also, run Steam in offline mode and update on your own terms when the mods you're using have updated and you're ready to start a new game.

Edit:
... I was saying dev should respect the modders and stop updating the game after writing every 2 lines of code as if they were some highschoolers doing their class projects and render the modder's effort worthless. The modders were doing 10x more contributions than the TW after the EA release, and could potentially do even more in the future .....

TW choose to break all the mods by making that tiny hot fix. Isn't that great...

Here here.
The good ones will get fed up and leave mod development for other companies games.

Version Every Update Talewards and make it available on the Beta Branch.
That way we can set a version and stick to it.
Only Update the Current Live branch and the Current Beta Branch -
You need to stick to the stable version, some mod makers do not update for the beta version. Also, run Steam in offline mode and update on your own terms when the mods you're using have updated and you're ready to start a new game.
Offline is a lot an extra step, bit cumbersome to have to remember it tbh. (busy lives remember)
The only way to stop steam updating is to set a Beta Version to eg, 1.40 which i have done for weeks. Mods have been stable.
Main branch updates too often and breaks mods. Yes which are optional and not supported, but i would not have purchased the game if i could not use mods, so here we are.
Other games can have 2 installs one denoted by "GameName - Beta", they ought o do this and give people the choice at least

Here here.
The good ones will get fed up and leave mod development for other companies games.

Version Every Update Talewards and make it available on the Beta Branch.
That way we can set a version and stick to it.
Only Update the Current Live branch and the Current Beta Branch -

Offline is a lot an extra step, bit cumbersome to have to remember it tbh. (busy lives remember)
The only way to stop steam updating is to set a Beta Version to eg, 1.40 which i have done for weeks. Mods have been stable.
Main branch updates too often and breaks mods. Yes which are optional and not supported, but i would not have purchased the game if i could not use mods, so here we are.
Other games can have 2 installs one denoted by "GameName - Beta", they ought o do this and give people the choice at least

You only need to restart Steam in offline mode once. After that, you'll get a prompt "go online" or "start in offline mode" whenever you launch Steam.

thats not how it works though, you cant just say: i think this game is too expensive, so even though i got a massive discount i wont count cause reason...
You guess too much. I could have paid the price without discount for owning another title, but I didn't because I thought it was expensive for a half baked game. If I wanted to give more money I could have done it. I knew we were going to be cheap beta testers and I paid because I wanted the game finished. I'm not regreting something I knew before hand. Still we are beta testers, don't call stupid those who got their modded games broken because without mods it isn't playable. And there are modders who already left the game tired of updates and new versions and tired of this supportive forum. Those mods were really good so ... something is wrong.

You guess too much. I could have paid the price without discount for owning another title, but I didn't because I thought it was expensive for a half baked game. If I wanted to give more money I could have done it. I knew we were going to be cheap beta testers and I paid because I wanted the game finished. I'm not regreting something I knew before hand. Still we are beta testers, don't call stupid those who got their modded games broken because without mods it isn't playable. And there are modders who already left the game tired of updates and new versions and tired of this supportive forum. Those mods were really good so ... something is wrong.
Game is very playable without mods, since i have over a 100 hours in it before i even though of taking a break the first time. Also i would say the modders are a bit stupid if they dont mod from a stable branch but start over all the time. Mod for version 1.2.0 and just keep modding, why would you need to mod from the lastest brach, if mods are so superior to what the devs are doing.

I have been playing on an older version with all the mods I like. Unless they add some new contents that introduce new game plays, I am not updating my game just to break all the mods that give more fun.
I think it's ok for player as long as they allow us to play in an older version that is compatible with mods. However, I can understand it could be frustrating for the modding community to stay updated with the newest version of the game.
That's because you're sensible.

If you're new to using mods and want a stable experience, then don't play on the latest beta branch... That should be obvious.

I can't imagine actually crying about the devs frequently updating the early access game lmao also I'm sure somebody has mentioned it but you can revert your game back to the older patches.

this topic is quite honestly kind of embarassing

I can't imagine actually crying about the devs frequently updating the early access game lmao also I'm sure somebody has mentioned it but you can revert your game back to the older patches.

this topic is quite honestly kind of embarassing

somebody mentioned you cant rollback. I dunno tbh i dont want to mod the game until the stop updating it all the time.

Back
Top Bottom