Thank you for the feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

maramot said:
1. Can we expect an improvement in performance in a future update? Is there something the Viking Conquest team can do about stuff like memory leaks, the game taking around/over 2GB RAM?
This is a serious concern for me. Brytenwalda was pretty demanding, a lot more than NW. People with a 32-bit OS and 4 GB of RAM (less than that in practice due to its being 32 bits) might experience serious issues with Brytenwalda, and some workarounds were developed. But this isn't Brytenwalda, this is a DLC whose system requirements were listed as being the same as NW. So I'm wondering, is this simply a matter of optimization, or were those system requirements incorrect from the beginning? Can VC actually be expected to run properly with the specs that are listed in the Steam store page?

hrotha said:
maramot said:
1. Can we expect an improvement in performance in a future update? Is there something the Viking Conquest team can do about stuff like memory leaks, the game taking around/over 2GB RAM?
This is a serious concern for me. Brytenwalda was pretty demanding, a lot more than NW. People with a 32-bit OS and 4 GB of RAM (less than that in practice due to its being 32 bits) might experience serious issues with Brytenwalda, and some workarounds were developed. But this isn't Brytenwalda, this is a DLC whose system requirements were listed as being the same as NW. So I'm wondering, is this simply a matter of optimization, or were those system requirements incorrect from the beginning? Can VC actually be expected to run properly with the specs that are listed in the Steam store page?

As long as there are memory leaks, how long it will run properly depends on how much gameplay time it will take for the player to fill up all his computer's RAM :smile: There is no system on which it will run properly all the time, which makes even more curious the fact that it was released in this state (unless the problem lies in the game update).

Come to think of it, I haven't once exited it properly. Always via a CTD :smile:

Bluebeard said:
Question to the devs: besides fixing bugs / glitches, what's the situation regarding adding new content? For instance, to my understanding there are no two handed weapons right now in the game. Is it a bug, a design choice or they simply haven't been added yet? Will we see them in the future?

Agreed. Will we see some two handed weapons in the game? I mostly just thinking long handled axes, as they were extremely common, also wouldn't mind seeing more variety within the axes themselves, like the Mammen axe, or Petersen D, for example. That and throwing axes!
That's about all I want. Other than that, despite a few bugs, I'm utterly in love with this game, you guys rock!

Just want to say thank you for making such a great DLC, already enjoying the hell out of raiding and pillaging.  Sorry you guys had so many bugs on release, I hope people can see through that and realize the great potential of this game.

Hey, devs, please take a look at the suggestions in this thread seriously: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,319843.msg7564409.html#msg7564409! 

You have a hidden gem in your hands.  Seriously you have such a promising game here hampered by technical issues.  The raiding, pillaging, viking simulator gameplay is wonderful!  I especially like the single player ship to ship combat and story campaign!

Besides fixing the bugs and optimizing the game, I would love to see more variety in weapons and armor.  It would be nice to have a clear early, mid, and late game in terms of armament choice.  We all want to feel a tangible sense of progress in the development of our characters and being limited to a small selection hampers that feeling!  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_Age_arms_and_armour is an amazing resource.  You could even have prefix or suffix modifiers like "Ulfberht" which indicate higher quality sword variants, or iron vs steel swords, etc.

So far I've enjoyed playing VC, despite a few of the issues already stated many times here, though my laptop doesn't enjoy it that much :lol:.  I don't know if it's just me or what, but if I don't have my graphics on high, everything looks incredibly damn ugly and screwed up.  In Native, if I have my graphics on lowest, it's not that big of a difference then on max, but I still get the same FPS either way.  Here I get like 20-30 on max.  There is also the issue of the world map for single-player, lags when I walk around, takes me a few to get into any kind of settlement, but regardless of these, it's been fun so far.  Thanks for developing this guys!

@Devs Thanks for being prompt in your replies.

I don't wishto sound too pressuring here, but do you have a timeframe for the release of patches to the DLC?
Thank you

TheGG said:
@Devs Thanks for being prompt in your replies.

I don't wishto sound too pressuring here, but do you have a timeframe for the release of patches to the DLC?
Thank you

I hope this weekend to have a new patch :cry:

thanks for the update :smile:

Its a good dlc in Single- and Multiplayer, at least I and my friends enjoy it a lot, just keep on going

The only thing I'd like to see are teleportation doors for mp, as my friends and I want to roleplay a bit and it would be cool to be able to feast in a longhouse together with your friends.
But its not necessary to have.

Kiwwhi said:
Adorno said:
Many of the issues reported so far were not present in the beta testing.

Well that was fun.
I'm a gamer myself and I have heard such statements often from developers by myselfs - never believed!

Now we are on the other side... Worked hard to fix all the problems occured during testing and we were very
happy we got it done for release - at least we thought.
Then the game is released - not to some testers with a small amount of machines, but to tenthousands of people
with everyone a different hardware/software-combination.
Suddenly we read so many CTDs and bugs and performance-issues we NEVER had in the tests since our earliest alpha-stages. Really, most
of the bugs complained here, we didn't even met in our first builds.

Now I know, as gamer and developer, that releasing a game with lots of bugs is not made on intention, but because it is just impossible
to test all kinds of machines you will meet when your fans get your game onto their PCs.

I'm really sorry for the issues people have and we are all working hard to solve these issues (you know crunch-time? for months already... for months!),
even so everyone of us hoped we finally can settle down a bit.
It's something completelly different to develop a mod, or a "real" game. Mods are developed slowly, with continuse testing and feedback from the mass of mod-fans, while developing a game compared to this, is like working in a dense fog, seeing the light on release-date - and then all this testing and feedback you could have needed in development comes all on day one.

I know, most people will not believe me, but this is all honest and all I can do besides working on fixing these issues.

abadgaem said:
Hey, devs, please take a look at the suggestions in this thread seriously: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,319843.msg7564409.html#msg7564409! 

Yes, I've read it and saw enough issues that are related to my missing knowledge about the game's engine.
Nice to finally get such important informations - I'm working on this now.

Great release i have to admit, even if it needs quite a bit of polishing :wink:
Loved Brytenwalda, will love this one for sure (havent played much yet)

The only things i see annoying or strange for now (already reported elsewhere and here) :
- the 1 guy left in battle all the time (seems he is stuck in throwing/slinging animation most of the time)
- strange world map limit (why not making the map on the border more realistic and move the camera borders - which is possible but i bet you know it - so we dont see this weird world map? like for France, Denmark, Norway/Sweden)
- moving trees in battle :wink: funny but just a graphic annoyance :wink:

Some others things like missing textures on horse in shops

I like the names on world map (probably used world map icons?) and i like that they vanish when you zoom in (because placed higher than ground i bet), some people in other threads were thinking the icon vanishing was a bug, but i find this feature cool :smile:

Other than that i like it a lot !

Just wanted to thank the Brytenwalda team for a fantastic game.  It's extremely buggy (I can only play about 30-45 minutes before a CTD) but I am sure the devs will fix it soon thanks to community feedback and want to point out the epicness of what has been accomplished:

1. A serious storyline that makes this mod substantially more than just a switcheroo of items, new settings and fancy features (sorry WF&S, you were fun, but that's all you ever were)

2. A world that has come alive - completely believable localities, cultures, costumes, kids running around, villagers whittling, lovable and detestable personalities (I love that we can choose our own character's temperament and use it in dialogues :smile: :grin:

3. A historical setting that perfectly fits the dynamic of constant (random) warfare that Caladria required but this time with an added degree of coherence and plausibility

4. A weaponry culture and combat system that is intensely immersive and makes many styles of play equally valid (for the first time ever going into battle without a horse can be a sound tactical option)

Overall, in a gaming community where modders regularly redefine the meaning of an awesome mod, this one really does merit the extra bucks (with the timely release of bug fix patches) and so far my first impression is that Viking Conquest represents the APEX of the M&B experience. 

P.S. It has been fun swinging from ship to ship but I do hope the devs of Caribbean! hold themselves to the standard of providing rich, deep, new content above and beyond "more features" as the Brytenwalda team has done here. Kudos!!!

Berzerkra said:
Well, yeah, it's a shame that the DLC is in such a state. But to be honest, I can live with it. I'm not mad that I payed money for it... quite the opposite. The Brytenwalda team deserves every cent just for the Brytenwalda mod alone, imho. And I was more than happy to give something back.

This is exactly how I feel about it.  I preordered (even during a pretty lean time of the year) because I feel the Brytenwalda people deserve a huge pat on the back (I just downloaded the fine new Repolished version of Brytenwalda  just this week and am loving it all over again), and I'm sure that they will work hard and fast to patch things up ASAP with Vikings.  Keep your chins up, devs.  You're going to be weathering a sh*tstorm of complaints for the next few weeks, but once the major issues are taken care of, things will be better.  As for Taleworlds, I think this is a great way to crowdsource content; allow for easy modding and reward the best modders with DLC contracts.  This is what involving the community really means.

So far, I've had a ton of fun, and I've not even pillaged my first village yet. It's great, but needs polishing, fixing etc.

Nice to see you guys saying something about it and trying to fix it.

Edit: Forgot, I love the new combat, it's fast paced. The speed of running actually works for me. The best of all, the spear and shield combo is now usable and effective (unless you're fighting that damn troll)..

Like a few others, I am very disappointed with the release - but I can live with it for now as long as it gets patched. I would say however that when people pay for a product, then they get something that is broken and doesn't actually work, then it is understandable that they get upset about that.

Unfortunately for gamers this is something that is becoming increasingly common, we pretty much never expect any game to be in good condition when it is released now.

It is also frustrating because clearly this looks like it could be a great game, the core is there, but when you crash to desktop every 10mins it just makes the whole experience extremely frustrating.

Haven't had any problems so far. Enjoying the DLC very much.

The map could use some optimization though, have you guys given any thought to that?

Back
Top Bottom