Thank you for the feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Thank you for all the comments and feedback. Especially about bugs,
but it's also nice to hear from those who can enjoy the DLC.
We are in the process of locating the sources behind the issues.

So in the meantime we really appreciate feedback.
Please include screenshots if needed and system specifications - as well as rgl_log.txt and rgl_config.txt.
A save game file can also be very helpful in some cases.

See this thread for further information:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,319760.0.html

The bugs can be reported directly to us through bugs.taleworlds.com
Login with your forum user ID and Password to submit them under relevant categories.

We also have a support section if you require help with technical issues:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,376.0.html

Thank you
Developers.

I also want to apologize for the problems you guys have!
You supported our efforts by buying our game and we only want you to have fun with it.
We all are mostly very surprised by a lot of bug-reports, as they were never met in testing
and we put all our efforts into fixing them out.
We are working hard to have this game become a fun experience for everyone of you
and we will have a good Hotfix for a lot of problems ready soon.

Thanks for your patience!

Thanks, Adorno (edit: and Lenny). I've been quite vocal about my disappointment over not being able to play so far, but I'd also like to make it clear that I don't think you guys are ultimately the ones to blame here (it's the way the industry works, after all, and it exploits you as devs as much as it exploits us as customers). I imagine you must be pretty bummed right now, so I hope you guys can fix the main issues quickly enough that you can sit back and enjoy the ride for a bit.

It's good to hear from the devs.

I believe that the game has a lot of potential, I for one will be patient, I am sure it will improve.

Thank you for the status update, and the effort. I hope you know that people are judging you too harshly and too rashly. Some people don't understand that the DLC was focusing on singleplayer (maybe you should have held the multiplayer part back for a while).

Would probably be a good idea to add some sort of WARNING message in steam because people think this is some kind of final release.

If you can't play the DLC you bought you have all right to be harsh and criticise.
We fully understand that, and just hope critical feedback will be precise enough to be used to improve upon/fix the issue.

**** does happen. Although some are being a little harsh, most of us know that this is your first professional release. I personally loved the game from the first moment. It was a great beginning with the protaganist taking his mother to a healer overseas. I don't know, it looked very human, very real to me.

Keep up the good work.

i find it beatifull.
i see that there is some frustration, but i think once the issues are
adressed, more positive feedback will come.

i love the art, the extra quests, options, and dialogue (i haven't seen a lot of things yet, like armors etx.
i'm on day 30  in-game).
i can see that a lot of work has been pured into it.

plus the graphics are vastly improved!

BunnyPoopCereal said:
Would probably be a good idea to add some kind of WARNING message in steam because people think this is some kind of final release.

That's what Early Access means.

Are you all there in the head?

BunnyPoopCereal said:
Would probably be a good idea to add some kind of WARNING message in steam because people think this is some kind of final release.

We were told it was the final release, not early access, multiple times on the main thread for VC from people such as adorno, so if any factual evidence is existant its from people like Adorno, and that is one of the reasons why people are getting so annoyed. Because they paid £8 or whatever, for well this 'fully released DLC'

Well, yeah, it's a shame that the DLC is in such a state. But to be honest, I can live with it. I'm not mad that I payed money for it... quite the opposite. The Brytenwalda team deserves every cent just for the Brytenwalda mod alone, imho. And I was more than happy to give something back.

It will be even better if they manage to polish this thing up and turn it into an Brytenwalda+ - Deluxe Edition :smile:

BlazingPhoenix said:
BunnyPoopCereal said:

We were told it was the final release, not early access, multiple times on the main thread for VC from people such as adorno, so if any factual evidence is existant its from people like Adorno, and that is one of the reasons why people are getting so annoyed. Because they paid £8 or whatever, for well this 'fully released DLC'

Oh from what I read online, this DLC was an Early access release.

Question to the devs: besides fixing bugs / glitches, what's the situation regarding adding new content? For instance, to my understanding there are no two handed weapons right now in the game. Is it a bug, a design choice or they simply haven't been added yet? Will we see them in the future?

Adorno said:
Thank you for all the comments and feedback. Especially about bugs,
but it's also nice to hear from those who can enjoy the DLC.
Many of the issues reported so far were not present in the beta testing.
We are in the process of locating the sources behind the issues.
Some are related to the new Warband update (1.162) such as the blurry textures, and others might also be.

So in the meantime we really appreciate feedback.
Please include screenshots if needed and system specifications - as well as rgl_log.txt and rgl_config.txt.
A save game file can also be very helpful in some cases.

See this thread for further information:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,319760.0.html

Bugs/issues are reported in the support section here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,376.0.html

Thank you
Developers.
Two questions:
1. Can we expect an improvement in performance in a future update? Is there something the Viking Conquest team can do about stuff like memory leaks, the game taking around/over 2GB RAM?
2. How much worse does the new game update make Viking Conquest look? The campaign and battle maps struck me as rather too dark, and the 3D scenes in general looking somewhat worse than in Brytenwalda.

BlazingPhoenix said:
BunnyPoopCereal said:

The Viking Conquest DLC we downloaded is a final release, although I can understand if some people are in denial  :neutral:

@Adorno

I absolutely believe in you guys, despite the initial problems. I am pretty sure that the game will be great. What I have seen so far looks briliant. And - as far as I am concerned - even if VC was not to improve (which I do not believe) than you deserved every cent for the great Brytenwalda mod which was the od which made me buy Warband and has given me an incredibly great time.

Although buggy and not perfect it has so much potential. Once it's all patched up it will be all good and we can all go back to decapitating each other.

Back
Top Bottom