Texture artist wanted

Users who are viewing this thread

JHermes

Sergeant at Arms
I've got nearly 50 finished .obj and .3ds models ready to go for BaB 0.8. However they all need texturing, which I hate with a passion. Anyone want to do some simple texturing of revolvers, rifles, and miscellaneous civil war junk? I'll need primarily a valid material for each mesh and a .dds or .dds convertable .bmp (square and a multiple of 2, 256x256, 512x512, etc)

If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll send you the models and my chosen textures.

If no one is interested, I will have to teach Mark to texture because I can't hope to do 50 models and retain my sanity :wink:
In which case, it may not be ready for an end of February release :sad:

I just figured out how to do UV unwrapping/texturing in Blender today.  I'll do a couple simple ones if you want, and see how far I can go from there.  But what's a valid material?  How do I create one?

And could you post a list of all the models that need textures (perhaps with a texture difficulty rating), and a list of those that already have them (if any), so we can see what there is?

logan said:
btw, for texturing, heres a great link www.mayang.com/textures a lot of large images of all kinds of different things, they can all be used for free also for commercial projects
I've seen that site before, too.  Lots of great textures there!  Too bad there aren't any weapons or anything. :wink:  Some good grass textures, JHermes, if you want to have our own special grass.  Note, however, that you are only allowed to download 20 textures per day, and that they all have copyright messages at the bottom (I suppose this could be removed, they don't say on the site whether this is allowed or not).

Theres metal and wood you can use for weapons, you dont need a picture of an actual rifle to take the texture from, btw wrote to them asking wether its ok to remove the copyright text, and ill post when i get a reply

Ok i sent of a messege to the mayang crew and got a reply, posted it below:

My mail:

Hi, im part of a modding team (making a civil war mod for a game called mount and blade) i was looking at some of your textures on the website, and noticed that they all have the copyright thingumy on them, which would look kinda wierd to have on the ground of our mod, so is it legal to remove the copyright text before we put the textures into the mod? (checked the faq but didnt say anything, might be a good idea to answer the question there too)
cheers, Logan

The reply:

Yes, legal, and yes, good idea to add it to the FAQ.

One restriction is that you should not distribute large numbers of the
textures along with your mod,
i.e. not so many that your mod becomes a source of textures in itself.
And it would be nice if you
can link to our website.

Regards,

Will

logan said:
nelgraf said:
if someone gives me a good tutorial and i can help

what program are you using to unwwrap?

well i have blender , wings3D and google scetch up , havnt used much of blender or google skechup , but quite good at moddling in wings

Back
Top Bottom