taleworlds, why do you force a inferior version of MP on your playerbase?

Users who are viewing this thread

My conspiracy theory is that many people within Taleworlds would prefer the old class system, but there are higher ups, people in positions of power who are strongly pushing their own original idea. The people who opposed the current class system didnt have the clout or authority to challenge their senior designers on the issue, so now they are forced to double down on things they do not agree with and hope that eventually they can salvage the multiplayer. I obviously have nothing to back this up, but there are certainly some comments from very early in the alpha testing that would suggest Taleworlds isnt as unanimous in their decisions as Callum would have us believe. If a dev wants to reply to this and completely shut me down that would honestly be fantastic. It would be the most transparency regarding the decision making process we have ever had.

I wouldn't be too surprised if that was the case. This comment by Callum seemed to imply that there was a faction within TaleWorlds which was in favor of block delay.

Cosmetics will not make any significant changes to the class system as a whole if this is what you are expecting.

When they decided to go away from the warband class system and stick with this monstrosity, they took with it the localized damage system and choice with it.

50 different skins of a hammer are not going to justify removing 5 other weapons that have a completely different looks, length, damage,..

I will put it simple, what sounds better to you:

1. 5 weapons with 20 distinctive different skins that change no stats
2. 20 distinctive different weapons that all have their stats, looks and playstyles.

Hell, they have AN ADVANCED CRAFTING SYSTEM, they could make 100's of distinctive different weapons
In Armagan own words:

(This was referring to skins)

Tell me what exactly is holding them back except being stubborn because they have a major problem with not being able to admit the system isn't good.

I was using that only for reasoning why I have a feeling there is a big patch coming - nothing more. The cosmetics don't matter; all I meant was we know there is work being done on MP and I feel it might drop in one go. One of the changes coming is cosmetic (and it is one we know about); but it's the rest of the patch it might be included in that I am interested in.

Younes, you know as well as I do, that the combat system is the biggest problem in multiplayer right now and even though there is no poll about it, it is mentioned in every thread multiple times. I don't need to give you the links, you know it anyways. The combat system is the very core of the game and the multiplayer is even just consisting of using it.
I've seen far more people on this forum voice concerns with the class system, than with the combat system. I haven't run any specific numbers, but I seem to get roughly the same percentage of people saying the class system is fine as you do with people saying the combat system is fine. I can agree the combat being **** is the top spot issue for most people, but my perspective is that I can forgive a lot of problems with a game if I have the agency to choose how I play that game. Hypothetically, if Warband had a less than acceptable combat system and was buggy, I could still have some dumb fun with it because of how flexibly I could choose to play it, serious builds and silly builds, and access to all 3 class types at all times. To me, having a remotely acceptable class system is as much of a top spot priority as a properly functional combat system.

In my opinion taleworlds knows that if they were to make a second class system, it would outperform and be a lot better then the current one. This is to me the reason as to why they do not want to make a second one.
Agreed.

I wouldn't be too surprised if that was the case. This comment by Callum seemed to imply that there was a faction within TaleWorlds which was in favor of block delay.
The most frustrating thing about this stuff, if it's true, is that said developers have no idea what it means to actually play a Mount & Blade game. I'd be willing to bet everything I own that if these developers played even 1500 hours of tryhard Warband multiplayer, the overwhelming consensus on this issue would be the same as the overwhelming consensus by regular forum users here.

Reinstalled the game yesterday to check how it holds up, it's the same garbage from 2 months ago. The peak enthusiasm of the game has passed, even if they fix things (which they probably won't because they are clueless) the game will never take off. It's pathetic that bannerlord has about 13k players every day and warband has about 6-7k. 8 years in the making for barely the double population. Multiplayer will never take off in this game even with mods. There will be a niche playerbase just like in warband and that's it. They failed in attracting new players, they failed in making the game easier to learn and they failed to satisfy older players. Forced visions by clueless designers like the class system and the monstrosity that is the pace of the game have handicapped the game to about 20 people playerbase on the multiplayer aspect. Release won't attract long-term new players either, because early access / release, in the end of the day, are both simple words. In fall 2020 and start of 2021 there are countless new games coming out and bannerlord will just get buried. As I said, the niche community will remain, but it will be the same **** as it is now. The same people, over and over again, on queues. Without any doubt, warband's multiplayer is still, vastly, superior to bannerlord in every single aspect except graphical fidelity. The outdated design on the pace, faction non-choice, class stereotype design and 0 customization gives nothing of desire to any player, casual or hardcore.

Reinstalled the game yesterday to check how it holds up, it's the same garbage from 2 months ago. The peak enthusiasm of the game has passed, even if they fix things (which they probably won't because they are clueless) the game will never take off. It's pathetic that bannerlord has about 13k players every day and warband has about 6-7k. 8 years in the making for barely the double population. Multiplayer will never take off in this game even with mods. There will be a niche playerbase just like in warband and that's it. They failed in attracting new players, they failed in making the game easier to learn and they failed to satisfy older players. Forced visions by clueless designers like the class system and the monstrosity that is the pace of the game have handicapped the game to about 20 people playerbase on the multiplayer aspect. Release won't attract long-term new players either, because early access / release, in the end of the day, are both simple words. In fall 2020 and start of 2021 there are countless new games coming out and bannerlord will just get buried. As I said, the niche community will remain, but it will be the same **** as it is now. The same people, over and over again, on queues. Without any doubt, warband's multiplayer is still, vastly, superior to bannerlord in every single aspect except graphical fidelity. The outdated design on the pace, faction non-choice, class stereotype design and 0 customization gives nothing of desire to any player, casual or hardcore.

You reinstalled the game yesterday?

That's odd considering you were calling me out on my siege performance on July 11th.

Yes, besides destroying you on MP.

Yet you uninstalled the game on June 9th..

550 hours of mostly solo Skirmish, I cannot bring myself to play this game anymore. Multiplayer is nowhere, NOWHERE, near any acceptable state for a game that costs 50 euros. The balance is not there, too many glitches, bad designs on maps. Unacceptable camera and close corridor fighting, huge balance issues.

Which is doubly odd because you knew my exact score apparently and said you would see me soon;

I cant wait to see your next 8/17 on siege again. See you soon.

How very strange... :facepalm: :roll:

2vc7VHG.jpg

Last edited:
You reinstalled the game yesterday?

That's odd considering you were calling me out on my siege performance on July 11th.

Yet you uninstalled the game on June 9th..

Which is doubly odd because you knew my exact score apparently and said you would see me soon;

How very strange... :facepalm: :roll:

2vc7VHG.jpg

Axios, you are a nobody. You are the literal laughing stock of the community here and all the older players are making you out to be a joke. Even though you are trying to redeem your rep by making ****ty threads about suggestions, we all know how hurt you are. To your point, I have reinstalled the game a few times since my 'uninstall' thread and all led to the same result. Playing for like 10 hours and uninstalling, which is exactly what I will do again this time, because the game is trash. It's very evident that you are very hurt by me and continuously reply to my points with off-topic, personal feud. Again, it's not my fault that you had a negative score. You tried to lie about skirmish before, and now you lie again. You are literally obsessed with me. But it's okay. I guess I am just better. And considering the whole community laughs at you, I think i'll plain ignore you from now on. Not that I expected you to answer to my post, you are clearly a white knight for TW (together with another 3-4 people in this forum). Glad you and the other 10 people who enjoy this massive downgrade of a game still post on forums. I also have scores of you and your friends on screenshots both siege and skirmish but I won't post them here since Fietta will probably ban me. This is my last reply to you. Stop being obsessed with my posts, stay on topic and get better in the game so you do not have inferiority complex any time I post.

-Your god,

Dain.

-Your god,

Dain.

This is my favourite part of this. :wink:

All I'm saying is... you gotta stop lying. Either you were lying about uninstalling or you were lying about the games (or somehow both!) If you stopped lying we could talk seriously. You even made a couple of good points but it's hard to take seriously under waves and waves of lies...

"I uninstalled the game"

"Oh no actually I didn't uninstall the game"

"I haven't played in two months"

"No Wait actually I have played several times over the last two months"

Despite it all I really can't be angry at you though. Canton knows how to grind my gears! I will admit that... but just throwing stuff out there doesn't work on me. I'm sorry.

I also have scores of you and your friends on screenshots both siege and skirmish but I won't post them here since Fietta will probably ban me.

You have my full permission to post these. Even just one. Especially as I only solo queue this game... none of my friends play it. Which is why I end up playing stuff like prop&seek. :roll: Posting screenshots of a game is not a bannable offence. You won't get in trouble. If you are really worried you can DM me one or two.

Unless of course you are ....lying?! :shock:

P.S. Please post something - I want to see how good you can photoshop something that quickly on demand.

Last edited:
It's very evident that you have a short temper. It's probably a result of a dissapointing life. Regardless, I am not your psychologist, nor I care about you. Regarding your personal feud with me I said, it's my last reply. I wont answer to you regarding anything you have to say about me, it's evident you are not well. See you in-game, whenever I decide to play again :wink:

It's very evident that you have a short temper. It's probably a result of a dissapointing life. Regardless, I am not your psychologist, nor I care about you. Regarding your personal feud with me I said, it's my last reply. I wont answer to you regarding anything you have to say about me, it's evident you are not well. See you in-game, whenever I decide to play again :wink:
But what about the scores of screenshots? :cry: You can at least post one right? You have literally *scores* of them.

fdfae1230d5fe84fe9f1648660b88bb4.jpg

P.S. I assume you meant you had screenshots of our scores? That makes more sense. Either Way I'd love to see them!

Last edited:
i will attempt to repost a snipped rant. Do yall think its possible to relentlessly nag and whine enough and to **** the forums up with the same complaint over and over so many times that tw will eventually succumb? Its so tiresome and im just a lurker, theres been so many good posts by so many users with irrefutable points who have pushed back against the class system and other things for so long, its disheartening cuz it seems it was all in vain, cause talewords instead says “no this is the game we want you to play” idk how you guys done it, younes, leif, scarface, sundeki and so many others they need a plaque or memorial lmao. its a thankless job trying to steer tw in the right direction all the while debating fanboys and apologists all along the way, bravo to you all for trying to keep the soul of M&B alive!

Last edited:
Axios, you are a nobody. You are the literal laughing stock of the community here and all the older players are making you out to be a joke. Even though you are trying to redeem your rep by making ****ty threads about suggestions, we all know how hurt you are. To your point, I have reinstalled the game a few times since my 'uninstall' thread and all led to the same result. Playing for like 10 hours and uninstalling, which is exactly what I will do again this time, because the game is trash. It's very evident that you are very hurt by me and continuously reply to my points with off-topic, personal feud. Again, it's not my fault that you had a negative score. You tried to lie about skirmish before, and now you lie again. You are literally obsessed with me. But it's okay. I guess I am just better. And considering the whole community laughs at you, I think i'll plain ignore you from now on. Not that I expected you to answer to my post, you are clearly a white knight for TW (together with another 3-4 people in this forum). Glad you and the other 10 people who enjoy this massive downgrade of a game still post on forums. I also have scores of you and your friends on screenshots both siege and skirmish but I won't post them here since Fietta will probably ban me. This is my last reply to you. Stop being obsessed with my posts, stay on topic and get better in the game so you do not have inferiority complex any time I post.

-Your god,

Dain.
Man on drugs gets mad on the internet

Someone in TW’s hierarchy is a narcissist who thinks they know how the player should play better than the players themselves, they need to fire whoever is incharge of multiplayer, that person is killing their EA game lmao. Also this assphyxiaios guy is obviously callums alt guys quit replying to him ?

Someone in TW’s hierarchy is a narcissist who thinks they know how the player should play better than the players themselves, they need to fire whoever is incharge of multiplayer, that person is killing their EA game lmao. Also this assphyxiaios guy is obviously callums alt guys quit replying to him ?

Hey I like Callum! I doubt Callum whines as much as I do though !

Still no need to fight about it. I just find DainMargots pathological lying quite amusing. Like he is so deep now that he has to lie to excuse the lies about the lies. I am fully aware of the game issues and have made a number of threads regarding it. I have even apologied for my own angry rants - I guess we all need to get them out once in awhile.

At least I'm not calling myself a god.

assphyxiaios

It's five letters. Come on... it's on the screen. It an uncommon latin expression with a story behind it (which sounded pretty cool 10 years ago when I was a teenager). It's not a made up word... So if you can't spell it thats on you...

Still talking of Alt accounts; whats your alt account? Joined Thursday did you...?

Last edited:
The class system is the nr 1 reason the playerbase is leaving. As much as I care about the combat, most people dont, and probably dont really notice it. People want to create their character and equip it the way they want to, not how the developers imagined they'd look.
Theres been so many posts about the class systems limiting mechanics over the last year, the fact that the classes wont be changed doesnt mean we shouldnt stop discussing it, because honestly the class system sucks, its boring and takes away so much freedom from players for the sake of balancing which at this rate will rarely happen.
Hell we experimented with swapping classes for a while but swapping became unreliable as equipment couldnt be picked up and we'd lose half our arsenal at the start of the game. Yaaaay. Surely nothing of that is intended...

I don't disagree - however I feel like they are holding back on a large number of MP changes for one patch. My reasoning for this is we know Vlandia cosmetic changes were being worked on for MP at the end of the beta - yet nothing so far has been added. Now that was months ago - you could say "Well TW just aren't doing anything with it" But I am not so sure. Several dev's mentioned it and took ideas for the new Vlandian design. There is MP stuff going on under the hood which just isn't being pushed out.
Thats still a weak defense. Without the players getting to play it, its meaningless. It doesnt matter if the combat is fixed and works flawlessly, if the players dont get to play it. Its been what, almost 2 months since any patches, even longer since a multiplayer oriented patch, how long are we supposed to wait?
The vlandia cosmetic update, if theyve been working on that since the end of beta, and its still not finished, I have no idea man....Having no experience in game development, I can only logically assume it takes less than a week to make cosmetic changes to a single faction.
Its frustrating to wait. If hardcore Mount & Blade people are getting annoyed, the casual playerbase is already gone.

The class system is the nr 1 reason the playerbase is leaving. As much as I care about the combat, most people dont, and probably dont really notice it. People want to create their character and equip it the way they want to, not how the developers imagined they'd look.
Theres been so many posts about the class systems limiting mechanics over the last year, the fact that the classes wont be changed doesnt mean we shouldnt stop discussing it, because honestly the class system sucks, its boring and takes away so much freedom from players for the sake of balancing which at this rate will rarely happen.
Hell we experimented with swapping classes for a while but swapping became unreliable as equipment couldnt be picked up and we'd lose half our arsenal at the start of the game. Yaaaay. Surely nothing of that is intended...

Thats still a weak defense. Without the players getting to play it, its meaningless. It doesnt matter if the combat is fixed and works flawlessly, if the players dont get to play it. Its been what, almost 2 months since any patches, even longer since a multiplayer oriented patch, how long are we supposed to wait?
The vlandia cosmetic update, if theyve been working on that since the end of beta, and its still not finished, I have no idea man....Having no experience in game development, I can only logically assume it takes less than a week to make cosmetic changes to a single faction.
Its frustrating to wait. If hardcore Mount & Blade people are getting annoyed, the casual playerbase is already gone.

Honestly Greedalicious you are right - it is a weak defence.

However software development can take time and with the code refactor and COVID - I dunno it's easy to see how it might of got pushed back.

All I can say is wait and see and hopefully it works out with the next patch - yeah that's not great and I'm not going to try arguing that it is. Just that's where I am right now - we know they are working on this stuff... so.. well you get it.

I don't agree it's the NR1 reason though. I think there are many things going on; and changing the class system wouldn't suddenly fix the game. The combat, the servers, the game modes - there's a lot that needs work.

Honestly Greedalicious you are right - it is a weak defence.

However software development can take time and with the code refactor and COVID - I dunno it's easy to see how it might of got pushed back.

All I can say is wait and see and hopefully it works out with the next patch - yeah that's not great and I'm not going to try arguing that it is. Just that's where I am right now - we know they are working on this stuff... so.. well you get it.

I don't agree it's the NR1 reason though. I think there are many things going on; and changing the class system wouldn't suddenly fix the game. The combat, the servers, the game modes - there's a lot that needs work.
I dont think covid can be used as an excuse on that, nor the code refactor which I think was started about a month or so ago? Thats still 3 months of work that, forgive me if Im wrong, is mostly done individually. From what I know of Taleworld they already have employees work off site for things, wouldnt surprise me if this was one of them. Again, just speculation, It doesnt matter much to me personally, vlandia already looks fine, but its just....so many of these things take so long for seemingly no reason. Skirmish still says its 5 minute rounds. Yes yes I know it doesnt matter, but...why? Surely fixing that is like, 5 clicks on a keyboard.

What would bring people back would be
1) Remove classes
2) Release mod making tools (this would also keep bannerlord on the top 10 list on steam for months)
3) Private servers
4) Maybe combat changes.

Not necessarily in that order. All we do is wait, and test, we've been doing that for ages now and honestly I dont feel the game has gotten any better. Next multiplayer patch might help that, but when will that be?

Not necessarily in that order. All we do is wait, and test, we've been doing that for ages now and honestly I dont feel the game has gotten any better. Next multiplayer patch might help that, but when will that be?

ItalianSpartacus had a hint that it was this week (probably tomorrow or Thursday) BUT this may be the smaller patch they were talking about. They said the next patch wouldn't be the big changes just yet; but then they do keep saying the big patch will be coming soon... so I dunno. And I think they said they were rolling patches into one (we do it all the time at my logistics software firm).

I don't think mod tools should come yet - I think that will make a huge mess and every update would royally f&*k up every mod. Personally I'd keep that back as a card for full release... thats probably an unpopular opinion though but I'd like to see the vanilla game working first before mods start.

Back
Top Bottom