TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Last seen accompanied by two Russian tourists on their way to admire the Salisbury cathedral?
My sister studied in Prague for her doctorate and was amused by the historical Czech propensity ("good Bohemian style") for throwing people off windows to their death, aka. defenestration. Learning about different cultures is fun and morbid!

Throwing people off buildings is more ISIS style.
However, suicide by jumping is practiced by women as much as by men, so don't go all conspiratorial just yet as we may yet determine a suicide motive from Swiss sources.

A used rocket will be crashing into earth in a day or two. It'll probably just land in the ocean, so not a huge deal, but still rather rude of China to just let it happen. With any luck it'll make a cool video.

So unless the debris is minimal and should be of no concern if it hits populated areas, can't professionals predict where the rocket will fall either way? I thought something like that was well within their ability to determine. It's gonna suck if that thing slams into someone's house and it's not just small debris.

It is not really possible to do so yet because it is too far, going way too fast and any unexpected event could alter its trajectory (e.g. random collision with even a small piece of space debris). We will probably have a good idea a few hours before it gets in. I would be willing to bet money that it will not do damage to anyone though (as in, I actually really would love to, one can always use the extra cash).

I just noticed moderators have Chinese flags. It's another shameless attempt by China to buy publicity, like the falling rocket lottery.
At first I was skeptical. Then I zoomed in and investigated. I was blown away by the similarities between the moderator flag and the chinese flag! everything is almost identical down to the number of stars in the flag! China IS buying publicity. This is no conspiracy theory!
odm76FP.png

compare to https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fa/Flag_of_the_People's_Republic_of_China.svg
JavaScript:
// ==UserScript==
// @name     Chinese Section Moderator Flag
// @version  1
// @grant    none
// ==/UserScript==
window.onload => document.querySelectorAll('[src="ranks/new/section_banner.png"]').forEach(element => element.setAttribute("src", "https://i.imgur.com/zvVeVKw.png"));

Last edited:
At first I was skeptical. Then I zoomed in and investigated. I was blown away by the similarities between the moderator flag and the chinese flag! everything is almost identical down to the number of stars in the flag! China IS buying publicity. This is no conspiracy theory!
odm76FP.png

compare to https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fa/Flag_of_the_People's_Republic_of_China.svg
JavaScript:
// ==UserScript==
// @name     Chinese Section Moderator Flag
// @version  1
// @grant    none
// ==/UserScript==
window.onload => document.querySelectorAll('[src="ranks/new/section_banner.png"]').forEach(element => element.setAttribute("src", "https://i.imgur.com/zvVeVKw.png"));
:grin::grin::grin:
Be sure you stand in your yard and keep looking up and let us know.

Last edited:
Also:
Sweden is launching a "crisis group" (Perhaps that's a task force in English) working on violence against women.
Recently several women have been killed by men. It's quite drastic in a country that has (historically) a very low murder rate.

This post caused a long debate about immigrant crime - when Kurzcak mentioned a connection.
The BBC now has an article about it - in English.

One major political sticking point is whether the recent violence should be connected to Sweden's recent wave of immigration. Swedish police don't register criminal suspects according to ethnicity, but prosecutors say several of the men facing trial have non-Swedish backgrounds, and that's been used as ammunition by anti-immigration parties.

Sounds like "good foreign" Russian to my semi-trained Czech ears. He's not really mispronouncing it, he obviously spent some time learning the lyrics and the pronunciation. I can understand everything he sings, and I didn't know the song before.

But...the soft vowels/diphtongs are not palatalized enough, the unaccented vowels are not unaccented enough and the accented are not accented enough. His tongue is often too much in the front of the mouth instead in the back, so he doesn't have that trademark "kinda throaty, but palatalized at the same time" sound.

But...the soft vowels/diphtongs are not palatalized enough,
This is also my problem... when I try to speak with Russians... Some words not all, but they often tell me they understand but it is still not the 'proper' sound (it is usually beyond my hearing threshold). I dare to say this is the most palatalized Slavic language of all. And I don't know how it is in your case but being native in another Slavic doesn't help to master another one.

Yeah Russian is super palatalized. Accents are hard, but I still think that compared to non-Slavs, Slavs usually sound a little less funny when speaking other Slavic languages. It definitely helps a lot with grammar and vocabulary, though.

I think it' a bit of waste of time to try to really, really sound 100% native as an adult. It's one thing when actors do it, when they have the script, so you know the lines, and even in a chatty movie it's still just a couple of pages of text per character. But it's different if you want to really "live" the accent and use it all day, every day. Some gifted people can probably do it, but the time and energy to get from "effortlessly intelligible" to "flawlessly native-like" is not worth it imo.

That Dumb & Dumber duo boggles my mind. It's gotta be some sort of decoy-misdirect-cover for the actual agents. If that really is the level of competence of the dreaded KGB/FSB machine, then perhaps Russia really is a rotten structure, ready to collapse as soon as someone kicks the door in :razz:

That Dumb & Dumber duo boggles my mind. It's gotta be some sort of decoy-misdirect-cover for the actual agents. If that really is the level of competence of the dreaded KGB/FSB machine, then perhaps Russia really is a rotten structure, ready to collapse as soon as someone kicks the door in ':razz:
IMO that is nothing but a stumble. Their network of influences was always vast.. No matter how rotten the structure is - thinking "it is about to collapse" and lowering your guard is never a good idea.. C. Wylie's memos while working for C.A. show how active they are in the field.. Brexit, US elections, God knows what else they meddled with...

Plus: With some 'westerners' silently or actively supporting what they do - nothing will move these doors.
g1izF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom