TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

-Interest groups are significant.
This is not controversial.
-At least some Israelis have at least some influence in the US politics.
This is not controversial
-Pro-Israel lobby in the US significantly shapes the US foreign policy.
This is controversial and requires solid evidence. Just because lobbying is important and that israelis are lobbying, you can't infer that every single lobbyist is significant.
My contention is that, while it's possible to make claims like the second one, measuring specific interest group power and figuring out how powerful they are is pretty difficult(compare with specific political party influence/power, this is more straightforward)

JACVBHINDS // 寒心420? said:
Unless you're trolling or exaggerating, those are some pretty substantial claims. I am not denying that some powerful Jewish Americans use their power to promote the state of Israel, but to claim that US interests are "sabotaging" themselves, and that a republican candidate is going to be told what to do, strongly implies that the only reason the US government would be pro-israel is because there are secret deals with a Jewish lobby powerful enough to twist the arm of the most powerful nation-state in human history.
I'm not trolling at all.
Maybe you could read up on the role of Sheldon Adelson and the Koch brothers in the Republican primaries and the presidential campaign. There's enough there to substantiate plenty of claims and I won't make the effort to provide "sources" if you can't make the effort to follow such news, yet feel knowledgeable enough to comment.
Or you could read on previous US elections and the Israeli influence there. There's nothing sinister or game-changing there, it's soft influence. The difference from the Russian influence is that Israel are "friends" and their influence is not questioned.

You do know the Koch brothers aren't Jewish, right? I really wonder why you'd think that. And Trump was Adelson's third choice? Why is it that Adelson's political activism is inseparable from his Jewishness? Why can't he be yet another ****ty conservative megadonor?

If you're pointing at "soft influence", why not care about the special relationship between the US and the UK? Or literally any other close US ally?

Personally, I don't think it's odd that there are so many Jews within administration. Judaism is if you ask me, the religion that puts most importance on holy scripture out of all the three Abrahamic ones. When you have a culture that seems to put a great deal of prestige and general value on liturgy, you're probably going to end up with a number of clerks, politicians, lawyers, diplomats, etc. For example, a lot of the doctors here are Arabs. The Arabs might have a similar view on the doctoral profession.
TL;DR : Professional tradition.

1. Are Israeli lobbyists influencing US foreign policy? There's probably groupings that want to drive the US and Israel closer still. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a large number of lobbyists who are of Jewish descent. The US has the second highest population of Jews in the world, so it's not really something dedicated especially to the Jews. Ethnic groups desire representation and tend to feel comfortable in that their country would remain friendly relations with the country from which they share common culture with. Surprise surprise.
2. Is there a Jewish conspiracy out for world domination? No, and see above.

And since I actually have to contribute to the discussion : https://vocaroo.com/i/s1ZUzdP5RiyD

Feragorn said:
You do know the Koch brothers aren't Jewish, right? I really wonder why you'd think that. And Trump was Adelson's third choice? Why is it that Adelson's political activism is inseparable from his Jewishness? Why can't he be yet another ****ty conservative megadonor?

If you're pointing at "soft influence", why not care about the special relationship between the US and the UK? Or literally any other close US ally?
Thanks, but I'm done here. I feel this kind of defensiveness and entitled over-sensitivity only encourages more Temuzus on the internet.

Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
Feragorn said:

Thanks, but I'm done here. I feel this kind of defensiveness and entitled over-sensitivity only encourages more Temuzus on the internet.

Okay, so your initial quasi-antisemitic conceptions are wrong, and my showing you this is what actually makes you an antisemite? Quality logic there.

Captured Joe said:
The Jews were behind everything, even behind the production of the Turán tanks! Therefore, conspiracy! :party:
Pan-Judeo-Turanism is the only ism.

If you really think about this thread truly is pointless. A Hinduesque cycle of rebirth and death of the same arguments over and over with many a **** and **** involved.

Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
Yet your posts were not? You posted hyperbole, conspiracy theories and ignorant bull****, then tried to pass it off as Jews being too sensitive. What the **** happened to you MadVader? You didn't use to be this much of a **** before.

Sofia Johanna Jeanette Munsterhjelm von Platen said:
Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
Yet your posts were not? You posted hyperbole, conspiracy theories and ignorant bull****, then tried to pass it off as Jews being too sensitive. What the **** happened to you MadVader? You didn't use to be this much of a **** before.
Too many people, including you, just want to jump to easy conclusions and attack, desensitized by internet morons to the point of becoming raging simpletons. There's also this in-group thing where people join in just to take the side of their pals. Two problems there that won't go away.
Note also that I was not using insults at all, but you and Feragorn did, completely unprovoked. So, who has a problem here?

So, we can all cut the BS and stop throwing around insults and childish tantrums, or I can start doing my actual job. If you force me to do that, I shall be wrathful.

Here, have a change in news:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41337440

Discuss.

I don't want to see this thread in the mod reports again.

I love how Rodrigo immediately got even more defensive than Feragorn. :smile:
I also love how everyone had a knee-jerk reaction when someone said "Jewish lobby". Must be a conspiracy theory if its about Jews! I know for a fact there's a Ukrainian lobby in Washington, which while not being at all very powerful did try to influence some members of Congress on some key issues important to Ukraine. Ukrainian lobby, Carl!

Михаил Илларионович Голенищев-Кутузов-Смоленский said:
If we just settled the Jews in Siberia like Stalin wanted, all of this could have been avoided.
The Jewish Autonomous Oblast (Russian: Евре́йская автоно́мная о́бласть, Yevreyskaya avtonomnaya oblast; Yiddish: ייִדישע אװטאָנאָמע געגנט‎, yidishe avtonome gegnt[14]) is a federal subject of Russia in the Russian Far East, bordering Khabarovsk Krai and Amur Oblast in Russia and Heilongjiang province in China. Its administrative center is the town of Birobidzhan. As of the 2010 Census, JAO's population was 176,558 people,[9] or 0.1% of the total population of Russia. Judaism is practiced by only 0.2% of the population of the JAO.

Hit me with your treiff meatstick, daddy Stalin

Back
Top Bottom