TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Captured Joe said:
Honestly, I don't think the elections here have much to do with our politicians' reaction. They are just sick and tired of Erdogan's authoritarian shenanigans.
Most of the European leaders were trying to accommodate and appease Erdogan instead of criticising him until now. Turkey had atrocious human rights record before March and tbh Netherlands wasn't the loudest critique of it.

Jackson... said:
I'm not. I stated your claim was not a clear cut fact and was actually quite nuanced, I then provided some suggested reading on the subject. Everything since then had been me reacting with increasing bemusement to the two of you.

Very superior, much intelligence, wow.

Thanks for grouping me with him for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Your arrogance forced me to intervene naturally, especially with the moral superiority ****e.

US Defence Secretary James Mattis says climate change is already destabilising the world
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/james-mattis-us-defence-secretary-climate-change-destabilise-world-security-donald-trump-global-a7630676.html

Mattis, this is why we needed you. I'd like to see anyone call James Mattis a liberal or a chinese hoax. Let's put this nonsense to bed.

Will Mattis be too old to run in 2020?

Austupaio said:
I'd like to see anyone call James Mattis a liberal or a chinese hoax. Let's put this nonsense to bed.

They already ignored him when he tried to pick a staffer and the White House blocked the pick twice. I wouldn't be so sure that he's got the influence he might deserve.

Also the news agencies that would need to report on that to actually reach the people that believe the Chinese thing and whatnot will do their utmost best to ignore him whenever he opens his mouth on the matter.
As if the classical Trumpeteer would read the Independent.

Feragorn said:
They already ignored him when he tried to pick a staffer and the White House blocked the pick twice. I wouldn't be so sure that he's got the influence he might deserve.
Unfortunately, you're right inside the government. Hopefully he can inform the public a bit, though.

Did you do your duty, Joe?
I mean given your political landscape I feel confident to assume that there is a party that focuses on promoting Hungarian WW2 tanks, correct?

Seriously though, before this I never knew you had that many parties that got so many of the votes. Looks a bit like a working Weimar.

Wellenbrecher said:
Did you do your duty, Joe?
I mean given your political landscape I feel confident to assume that there is a party that focuses on promoting Hungarian WW2 tanks, correct?

Seriously though, before this I never knew you had that many parties that got so many of the votes. Looks a bit like a working Weimar.

Mhh..? How many parties do they have? Weimar had like 5 parties that got more than 5% in 30 and 33.

28 candidates, in the German media coverage I read they usually list 11 parties that I assume to be somewhat relevant.
But even though, polls see seven of them at or above the 10% range.

With the biggest one having around or slightly below 17% of the votes in pre-election polls.

Apparently Rutte's VVD looks like it's getting 31 out of 150 seats. They say he can form a 4 party coalition without Geert Wilders' PVV.

The speculations I've seen put Center-Right VVD (31), Liberal D66 (19), Christian Democrats (19) and Green Left (16) as likely coalition partners.

Labour Party PvdA seems to have lost 29 seats and gone down to 9 seats, according to the exit polls. Green Left would be the biggest winner, gaining 12 seats.

C6_COJoXAAQBizb.jpg
Literally everyone has got a few seats, it seems. :razz:

From what little I know about the Dutch political landscape it seems like Wilders has no interest to form a government anyway. As in a few years back he was the strongest party and made not a single effort to actually form a government.
I guess he knows it's much easier to agitate than to actually deliver.

Goker said:
C6_COJoXAAQBizb.jpg
Literally everyone has got a few seats, it seems. :razz:
Oh yeah, this year we had more parties then ever before, to the point that I heard one of the voters complain to the people sitting behind the desk that the voting sheet was too large :grin:.

Yeah, I saw a picture of it. How come the full electoral lists are shown? You vote for a party and then vote for specific members as well? What if you're the #5 spot and your party gets 5 seats but some guy below you ends up with more votes than you? You just get bumped?

Back
Top Bottom