TALES OF HARDY ADVENTURERS [EG III]

Users who are viewing this thread

Revyn said:
I just made an attempt at full difficulty with a Knight. I tried three times, and I never got past level 2 without being knocked out and having my gear stolen. The first time, I entered the game right next to 4 captured barbarians. Those stupid farmers slowed me down, and they caught up to me. I was slaughtered. The second attempt, I completed training with no huge trouble, then, on my way to Curaw, I ran into a group of Deserters, because I couldn't outrun them, again due to those useless farmers. There were only 12 enemies, so I thought nothing big of it. I'd kill them easy. Right before they attack, I mouse over them, out of curiosity. The group is composed entirely of Ranger of Reyvadin. Game over, gear stolen, I quit. This is impossible.

Try Fire Arrow mod its even harder at begining...

Tip...kick farmers out of party they are worth ****...go to Khergits territory and recruit them...and hunt for Pilgrims best place for XP and Gold... :smile:

I tried being a Ranger i was currently lvl  19 with a total army of 96 men and decided to attack the town of  Narra it got right into the castle after a tough hour of fighting. My men then died out and i was next to where the men respawn  bad mistake i tried to run to aranging spot but before i cud all crossbows n archers spawned i was against a wall and just filled with arrows and arrows onthe wall and died badly.

Vagris

Skilled Hunter

This character will probably not have the longest of lives, because I am absoluely the most horrid person when it comes to surviving. I normally play on 1/2 damage or sometimes when im crazily outnumbered i cowardly switch it to 1/4, so full difficulty is gunna be hell for me lol.

Backstory

Vagris, the son of Graveir, a skilled swadian veterain, had always had a talent for archery. His father wanted him to be trained in the art of the crossbow, as most swadians prefer above the bow, but Vagris hated the weapon the second he tried it, it was as slow as a 3 legged saddle horse and about as strong too, as far as Vagris was concerned. After many attempts his father gave up in shame and rage, but part of him felt for his son, so he allowed him to train himself the art of the bow. Vagris, after hearing this, started practicing as soon as he could, placing apples on the fences and attempting to hit them from varrying distances away. After many years when Vagris finally reached his early manhood, he was a very formidable archer, capable of the most unbelievable shots. Soon he set out with 4 of his good friends to seek adventure and richs.

Day 1

Vagris started out his journey in swadia, hearing that the furs which he had collected over the years sell good in the snowy reaches of vaegir, he set course to Curow right away. On his way he encountered 2 looter partys which he quickly dispatched with a flurry of arrows. When he finally got to Curow, he decided, what the hell, I'm joining the tournament. The first round was fairly easy, he got a horse and a 2 handed sword which he Ko'ed 2-3 enemys. Round 2 Vagris got a bow, smiling he quickly eliminated all on the field. Round 3 Things got difficult for Vagris, he was given a sword and shield while 3 enemys had horses, but Vagris managed to fend under a sword broke his shield and knocked him unconcious. Luckily the tournament master was impressed by Vagris's skills and let him in to the next round. Round 4 was the toughest yet. Vagris got the 1 weapon he dispised, the crossbow. He was against a lance wielding veteran on a horse. After many close calls and shot attempts Vagris claimed victory. Round 5 was a 3 way 1v1v1. Vagris got a bow and waited for the first two contestants to weaken each other. It was to his horror that the 1 with the 2h sword 1 shotted the enemys horse, and then knocked him out quickly with a 2nd. He was the King of the Vaegir. Quickly Vagris Shot arrrow after arrow at the King but he just kept coming. Shot after shot after shot, 1 headshot, 2 headshots, the King was only 10 feet away and Vagris was getting desperate, he knocked 1 last arrow back, fired, 3 headshot and the King finally went down. Vagris breathed a huge sigh of relief. Final Round was Vagris vs a Unnamed Champion Fighter. Vagris was given a sword and shield, while the foe was given a 2h sword. Despite a long fight, the Champion would not fall, and fatefully Vagris blocked the 2h sword with his face. K.O.

Day 2

Vagris, enraged by his close loss at the tournament decided to pick a fight with a particularly tough bunch of bear warriors. Vagris, no matter how many arrow he shot, could not take down their tough shields before they reached him, he quickly started moving back and shooting, although his friends were not as wise, being slaughtered by the bear tribesmen. Vagris struggled to shot but a tribesman hit him and he lost conciousness. He was taken prisoner and lost his bow, arrows, sword, and money. Sitting in rags, Vagris swore revenge on the savages!

Day 3

Vagris quickly recruited 14 brave swadian recruits and, armed with a butcher knife and tower shield, set off to get his friends back and fill his thirst of revenge. Vagris tracked them down, 5 left. In the battle Vagris decided to flank them from behind while the bear tribesmen were fighting the recruits, succesfully killing 2 of them with his butcher knife but being knocked out by a club to the face, the battle was still a success and Vagris freed his 4 friends and got his gear back.

Day 4

Unfortunatly for Vagris, it seemed that while he was fighting a large pillaging bear tribe was on his trail, Vagris was wounded and could not outrun the tribe, so in a act he truly regrets, he had 6 of his men hold the tribe off while the others and himself escaped to the safety of a town, 1 of the people among the 6 was 1 of his good friends, Vagris prays that he escaped or evaded capture.

Day 5

Vagris witnessed his first EPIC battle on this day. He had kept recruiting peasants until he reached 50 recruits all at the worst level. As he was traveling he saw a caravan being attacked by a pillaging bear tribe so he rushed to its aid. In a epic battle where Vagris came very close to death to many times, it was the sheer mass of numbers that won the day. Vagris also won his first battle trophey and lots of loot!

Day 19

After many battles with the bear tribes Vagris finally got his first Epic trophy, allowing him to get a powerful ring of regeneration. At this time Vagris is lvl 10 and has lots of vaegir archers to back him up (around 50). He also dropped all of his heavy armor and is going in with 0 encumberment. Sorry for not doing days 6-18 I got lazy.

Day 25

Vagris decides to get full plate armor, helm, and ancient boots, as well as a very powerful masterwork battle bow, with 23 cutting damage and 186 speed! He also found a balanced bladed staff which looks pretty epic when you swing it! At this time Vagris is lvl 12 with 79 hp.

Day 32

As Vagris was heading to Curow a migrating bear tribe ambushed him! Vagris and his rangers, completely outnumbered, were not able to down all the savages before they reached and a deadly melee erupted. The rangers seemed to be winning but Vagris knew it would not last for long so he quickly retreated and escaped the tribe. In that battle Vagris was reduced to I'm guessing 6-7 hp by a throwing stake and a eater of the dead hitting him once.

Day 40

Vagris while traveling to Swadia, came across a army of the dead, led by a legendary perished one. Vagris's men shook with fear as they saw the horrors of flame advancing but kept the line. The first wave was shot dead, but the 2nd they had run out of arrows except for a few. Vagris saw the perished one and shot, Headshot, Headshot, Headshot, Headshot, Headshot ,Headshot, and to his horror the perished one was unharmed to the slightest. In the horrifiying melee clash 7 rangers died. But victory was theirs, as well as a Death ward. At this date Vagris is level 17 with 88 hp

Day 52

Vagris encounters a migrating bear clan and decides to fight it with his large army of elite archers, and secretly hopes a few die in the process because he is largely in debt. Battle 1 goes bad as he does not have enough archers to take down all the bear clansmen, a melee breaks out and all of his archers for that battle were knocked unconcious or killed, Vagris flees the battle.

Day 54

Vagris used 2 days to recover from the battle and charged again, this time with better results, but he was forced to retreat from being overwelmed. He then instantly started another fight which faired equally well until a stake hit Vagris in the shoulder, dropping him to very low hitpoints, was forced to flee the battle early to avoid possible death.

Day 56

After healing up Vagris now desperate because of his shortage of money and because of the migrating bear clans numbers (150 or so) charges in with the last couple troups he has in a all out assault! But before he reaches them a caravan is attacked by the clan and soon following a lord and a mercenary party, Vagris comes and joins his allys in the fray.

Battle of the Clan

Forces are almost evenly matched with 30 or so more bears clansmen. Vagris has nearly no archers left and has to rely on his allys for protection and victory. Vagris at 50% hp, follows his allys which he cannot command, the mass amounts of bears were overwelming the ill trained recruits and foot soldiers. Vagris took out his bow and started a furious rapid fire, headshot, headshot, headshot, headshot, arrow after arrow was shot until he had none left, then he took out his sword of war and joined in the fray of soldiers, still many left on both sides. He blocked a blow from a eater of the dead and sliced it through the chest, then quickly saved a soldier being teamed by the enemy, as he went forward for his next kill, out of the corner of his eye he saw a piece of sharp wood come flying through the air, it hit Vagris straight in the head dealing over 100 damage. Vagris struggled to breath, in....... for what seemed like ages he tried as best he could to keep conciousness, but the light was fading, he was going to die, Vagris, with the little strength he had left, put his hand to his neck, trembling he unhooked the chain and held onto his most prized possesion, the almighty rare and legendary death ward, said to be able to bring someone back to life from almost any injury. Vagris prayed for it to be true. Seconds passed, and Vagris lossed consciousness, but he was still alive...

I will hopefully continue the story of Vagris and his very short life later.

Well. After at failing terribly with my first ranger by choosing the wrong skills I made a new character. And I made it to level 30 as a skilled hunter, without dying once and I had conquered all of the Khergits as a Swadian except for Narra [ which I was about to ]. Then I got a virus on my computer[Today] and i couldent get it to boot properly so I had to format. I feel as if my character has died via god punishing me lol.

so:
Skilled Hunter
Normal Dmg to Soldiers & me
Normal Speed
Good AI
[107% Difficulty]
100 Max Soldiers on a field
Level 30[almost 31 im sure]
~ 180k
1 Hamlet
1 City
No Castles
30 Strength
21 Agility[I think] or 24. I think it was actually 24.
13 Intelligence[or 14]
12 Charisma
Probably had killed like 5000 units
140-180 in-game days played.
~ 1000 Prestige or whatever its called
2 Honor lol
And a Ridiculous amount of Swadian Veteran Ironclad Knights

My character was awesome! and now im a sad panda that she's gone ;[
BTW I never got a death ward, or that other item you need. Just the charm of regeneration. Those other 2 items really must suck to get, im glad I never died lol

PS. I just reinstalled so I'll let you know when I catch up to level 30 and get past it. I will never die mwuahahahahah :razz: [Ill also post SS's in the future. Sadly I didnt have any saved on my email or anything like that]

Keeping you posted : So far im a level 22 Skilled hunter no death yet.
As of now[Pic Outdated]
MBPax17.jpg

First up, I'm loving this expansion. Anyway, this thread inspired me to go to 100% difficulty for the first time. I thought it was going to be totally brutal, but it's mostly just regular brutal. Put together a Wandering Hunter named Yseult, had built a nice little army, mainly Vaegar archers and Swadian crossbowmen, then got totally owned by a deserter band of 30 Rhodok Knights, just on level 6.

Still going though... will post some screenshots and the like later...

Benz282 said:
I currently am a bit stuck. Two Migrating Bear Clans have been killed, only to yield no Charm of Fear or Epic Trophy. I already have the Death Ward (thank god the Army of the Dead I ran into was already depleted to 16 Fallen and 1 Perished), but how impossible is it to get the Fear Charm or Epic Trophy? I'm playing on full difficulty and refuse to cheat except to locate Migrations, and since I already have a third of the required materials, I would rather not give up. However,  I do not want to waste my time by killing off 20 Bear Clans and not get a single Fear or Epic. Also, is there any other way to get Epics than to kill Migrations?

I have run into a similar situation, only I have enough charms of regeneration to spare for a small party.  I have not been able, however, to obtain either the charm of fear or the death ward.  I have fought 3 migrations, 2 of which I made sure I fought both of the leaders in the same battle.  I have fought a similar number of Armies of the Dead and they have not yielded any death wards.  Is there another 'trick' I am missing or do I just have horrible, horrible luck?

EGIII, where 112% really is 112%!
This is the oomphth character I'm creating because all my others died. Repeatedly. My experience is now being pumped into a new barbarian! (Currently lvl 15, wearing Lordly Light Leather and plenty AGI. It withstands ONE blow from an Eater of the Dead, after which it provides me with the speed to GTFO.) Oh and I didn't find out how to post a pic of him yet. Meh.

*ENTER NAME HERE*
This is the tale of a nameless barbarian, adressed by both rogues and nobles with ' . '
His origins are unknown but that he has some serious roots is certain. In lives before this one he had been a warrior many times, causing his frequent nightmares of the battles in which his ghostly ancestors had been slain. Even before he first set foot on the training ground, he knew the trainer's name and could describe the taste of mallet rock before he'd ever met his first Eater of the Dead.

The stone old trainer also recognized the young, eager eyes staring down at him. Yet another promising warrior of that fateful lineage, surely to perish as soon as the rest of them!
About this youngster however, some things were different:
His peachy soft skin appeared very unfit for melee combat,
He was articulate and showed signs of intelligence that no other barbarian had before,
His outfit was 'Less is More', light elegant materials to accentuate the big muscles that could sprint and smash the champion fighters to pieces.

When he left the trainer would never see him again; but he never worried that the strange warrior would still be alive today.

Boozy Beginnings

Following his dreams, '.' had given birth to a Great Plan to become a great warrior, leader, and to not die in the Bear Clan onslaught. He knew that the Nords were his people, his rugged and powerful close combat friends who could aid him in slicing some EotD. He headed straight for Tihr to make some friends and build a clan.
Just outside the gates however, '.' stumbled upon a troupe of smelly drunks. They challenged him and he gave in, piercing their skulls with his giant stakes and looting their corpses. Perhaps he shouldn't have touched their booze.
Days later he woke up. His blackout had been violent - his bloodied hands tasted of both bandits and townfolk, and his stakes had been replaced with buckets and buckets of throwing knives. He couldn't imagine ever using those accurately in his state..
Outside of his tent he heard cheering, which had awoken him in the first place. Crawling outside he was surrounded and pulled to his feet by a jolly band of mercenaries.
'Great choice sir, we just heard! May we congratulate you and, uh, assume that we'll be following you along in this campaign? It sounds like lots of loot.'
'.' burped loudly, and mildly suggested they keep their filthy hands off him. Who were they, what were they doing here, and why were we on Vaegir land?
Rubbing their black eyes the mercenaries told him.
-They were mercenaries he'd freed and employed. They had been his warband for the past week.
-They were here by chance; unsystematically they'd slaughtered just about every bandit on the Nord coast and ended up in Vaegiria.
-When the Vaegirs took note of a nutter mercenary band running around killing people they decided to employ him, before he could do any damage to their own estates.
So there he stood, our proud Nord, freshly employed by the Vaegirs! And ready for their next campaign against the Nords!

A Man's Word
What a mess it was. He really didn't feel like fighting alongside those cocky green fairies but he'd given his word: He followed his new king into the heart of the Nord lands and assisted in capturing several castles before getting let off duty. By that time, four Nord armies were left. He hung his head in shame, not for betraying his kin but for realising what a weak little people they were. Apparently he could only count on his own strength and wits in this quest for power.

Upon selling his loot and prisoners '.' drove out into the world to kill some more bandits until he could think of something better. He never did think of something better; another man did.
Jeremus first spoke to him in a Khergit tavern and a friendship was born. Jeremus' obsession with healing and his own fear of death were a powerful glue, and soon enough Jeremus told him legends of Immortality. According to him there were forces of magic in this world that could render simple warriors invincible.
After unsystematically searching his dreams and meditating on the subject '.' realised that he would first need a 'regeneration charm'. This would be the easiest to obtain as he only needed a few battle trophies - see, he already had two Epics and two Battle trophies hidden in his sock!
Jeremus decided that Pilgrims would be the best source for the missing War trophy and so they set out. Many dead horsemen later, with a cheer of victory, '.' pulled a glimmering war trophy out of a hole he put in a pilgrim. The set was complete.
Jeremus was still passed out - in spite of his love for medicine he was quite weak looking at blood, especially his own, and he was laying on a mound of corpses while '.' ran off to Halmar to obtain his Charm.

The doctor woke up to a blow on the head.
" OI! It didn't WORK! " raged his warrior friend in his face. " No charm!! All I got was.. this " as he took off his shirt and measured his chest. His pecs had grown an astounding 0.5 inches.
Jeremus sighed. "Ah, you fool.. You traded them in the wrong order!!"
Dumbfounded, '.' dropped to the floor. "Dammit. We'll have to do it all again then."

And so they did.
They killed and slaughtered and did bad things to the Nords until another set was complete.
"Ha, and now you're coming with me, to get it right" he nodded, pulling Jeremus along to the next town. "Well, what's the right order?"
Jeremus shrugged.
"I dunno. It's just a legend!!"

And that's where I am now. I asked the same thing on the forum, and I typed this while waiting for a reply! Which means it's on the long side, forgive me.

...So the two friends went to town and visited the nice man who traded '.'s previous set. Our nameless hero grumbled as found a quiet corner in the tavern and he unearthed his precious trophies. His eyes bulged with tension as the old man opened his mouth.
'Ah, I see' said the trader. "Would you like to...
-Gamble your battle trophy?"
"NO!" '.' shouted at the top of his lungs, shaking with adrenalin. "WE WANT TO.." when Jeremus placed a hand on his mouth, which wasn't enough so he pinched his nose and stood on '.'s foot until he calmed down. "Let him finish" the doctor mumbled.
"..right, so you would like to...
Trade your battle, war or epic trophies?" he smiled, with a glint of greed in his eye as he stared down '.' apparently waiting for him to throw a fit. Jeremus however managed to keep him subdued. "Are those all our options?"
The old man blushed and lowered his voice.
"Or you could trade all three for an ehm, regeneration charm." Jeremus smiled. "We'll have that then, thank you!"
The trade was made and '.', who had passed out in anticipation, dragged back to camp.
"patience is a beautiful thing" Jeremus mused when he woke up again. "Now, put on your charm and go kill some undead. Chop chop, you don't want to become an immortal Old man, do you?"

There have been times where 3 epic trophies dropped at one time, so thats not an issue for me.
However, I have played this mod for awhile now and have yet to receive a fear ward or a death ward.

Epic trophies can be gained from alot of things; Enemy Lords with a good army, Pilgrims, Merchants, and thats pretty much where i get mine lol[Mainly the lords]
However Fear Ward & Death wards do need an increased drop rate.

rubby said:
Hehe, I'm playing on difficulty 127% and right before that battle I lvled up and boom dead ;D.

EGIII mod is awesome, it's fun to play it :smile:. So yeah here is the screen.

Lvl 7 in 28 days???? The Weasel did his name honour heheh!

This is the tale of Delan, a skilled hunter born in the village of Sumbuja. He was the best hunter there, until it got looted by lord Tellrog. He nearly got caught while escaping his village. When he was finally out of sight he encountered 2 groups of looters, who together outnumbered Delan.

Battle 1: The escape

The battle was short and easy. But he felt real pain for the first time in his life as an arrow hitted is leg. One of his best friends was heavily wounded by a horse thief. When he finally woke up, he had a huge scar from his eye to his nose.

should be screenshots here, but how do you show them??? :shock:

He went for Reyvadin to sell the hides he could save from lord Tellrog. They made a decent price.

Battle 2: The challenge

As he tasted the victory last time, he wanted more, he fought another group of looters, his first mistake.
Everything went fast when the horseman hitted him at the head, when he woke up, 2 of his friends where dead and the rest was wounded. As the last of the looters attacked him again, he finished the first one, but he felt a pain in his side, he was pierced by an arrow from the second one.

When he escaped, he attacked the last surviving looter, because he was fully recovered.

To be continued...

He attacked the looter that dragged him arround for 2 days...

Battle 4: Shoot the one who shot me

This was the easiest battle since he left his home, he shot 2 arrows trough the looters chest and the battle was over. As he rescued his 2 friends, Scarr, his brandnew nickname, and Rilmar, he went for some villages to recruit some archers.

As he went from village to village, he passed Sumbuja...
He tought his parents where spared, but then he saw his village...
It was still burning, and as he passed trough he found his parents, tortured, burned and horribly murdered.

From that day there was only one goal in his life...

[glow=red,2,300]Kill the murderer named Tellrog!!

He challenged some looters and small parties for training the days after, but the biggest battle was when he helped lord Rayeck against some fallen ones, looters and deserters.

Helost no men, but he saw the fallen ones, as they ame closer he shot over 5 arrows in their heads, but they woulden't die. As he inspected their weapons, when they where killed, he saw his fathers 2-handed sword, their family treasure...

When he was helping some farmers he got hit by an arrow, and fell wounded to the ground.

This part of the dairy was teared out by an arrow that struck Delan in a battle.

he cou..n't ....ta..it........ore... The desea...rom the a...ow that hitted ..m was gett......ven  worse.
As he w.. getting more ...r every day, he kept getting weaker and weaker.Some day, he even co....en't pull the string from the hu..ing bow anymore.

Day 20:

His disease has gotten worse, and somehow, he can't aim anymore...
He gets dragged around all day long and begins to see mirages. He shot a drunken fisherman twice in the head, but he kept attacking him...I don't know what his destiny will be, but it has to be horrible...

Day 21:

His disease must have done it, but he suddenly started to become very aggressive, so he attacked a lord once...
The poor idiot... He wasn't even level 5 then...

As soon as he escaped, he wanted to retire from adventuring, but weak as he was, he passed the river of Zendar, and drowned.......

End of the dairy of Delan

Written by Rilmar

Circa. 752 years later...

Sir! We found something in the mud! It's a human body! It was perfectly saved in the riverbed, he lies here the same way as he died here. He is perfectly saved, even his skin is not rotten away!

Lots of researches later...

He had a tumor in his brain! It was perfectly saved too!
Lots of researches later...again

This is it! The cure for cancer!!!!

So Delan did at least one usefull thing in his life.

THE END

sorry for the retirement and the ending without dying in the game  :oops:
I had no equipment, so  :neutral:
I'll make a new character here, but, MAN THAT'S HARD! (usually play at 32%)

This is me, Still kickin as well.

I've had it on full difficulty since about level 10

I've been death warded three times and revived twice though...

After about level 30 it gets easy.

30vyjhg.jpg

Seal the skilled hunter and poetic genius behind Kiss of a Rose
is now lvl 30
in taking and losing has only Knudarr Castle left under his command
has been knocked unconscious and saved by his death wards too often to even partially retell his heroic rise to power.

Et_Mephy_Mi_BaBa said:

Wow how did you get skills to lvl 14?

Frippagumble said:
Et_Mephy_Mi_BaBa said:

Wow how did you get skills to lvl 14?
lol....its cos its just possible in this mod

Just made a video about me fighting a Migrating Bear Clan. Just added it about 10 minutes ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNvr6R1dVLI

Oh, and I modified my stats if you are woondering why I run so fast.
I also have alot of other videos onn M&b but they aren't that good.

cric said:
Just made a video about me fighting a Migrating Bear Clan. Just added it about 10 minutes ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNvr6R1dVLI

Oh, and I modified my stats if you are woondering why I run so fast.
I also have alot of other videos onn M&b but they aren't that good.
With this settings you only require about 150 hired blades lol

Back
Top Bottom