Take your time Taleworld

Users who are viewing this thread

Taleworlds killed players hoping for a good game just like Peter killed Yogibear hoping for some tasty pic-a-nic basket. And with the code being a broken mess we can't even fix it ourselves. So no, "time" is not what TW needs. It's competence.

(Yes, I will continue posting that video. The other bears need to know what Taleworlds did.)

Last edited:
In Cyberpunk, there are perks that are not working, when they aren't straight useless ... I find the comparison with Bannerlord quite funny and revelant.

Some parts of the game are still broken as we speak, not mentioning the cut-content screaming on every aspect of your "corridor 45h experience".
I think you're too much gentle with CD PR @Bloc, especially that after more than 5months, very little has been fixed on this game, which is to me in another magnitude of sillyness given how many people and funds and most importantly experience are floating in comparison to TW which is an indie studio.

And god forbid them, that Cyberpunk got a more fleshed story than a freaking Sandbox-Game, which didn't market itself as "story driven".. really.

I think you're too much gentle with CD PR @Bloc, especially that after more than 5months, very little has been fixed on this game, which is to me in another magnitude of sillyness given how many people and funds and most importantly experience are floating in comparison to TW which is an indie studio.

And god forbid them, that Cyberpunk got a more fleshed story than a freaking Sandbox-Game, which didn't market itself as "story driven".. really.
Since this is not a Cyberpunk thread so I won't go into details. Let me give it down to some bullet points,
- Don't care about either of the game's perks that much.
- I played Cyberpunk with my non-high-tech PC without any major issues or crashes. That wasn't the case with Bannerlord. Doesn't mean that Cyberpunk was flawless or Bannerlord was problematic for everyone. But for me, it was fine. Bannerlord wasn't.
- I played and finished Cyberpunk by doing lots of side quests, without directly following the main quest. Exploring the overall city design, side quests were fun for me. Quests weren't too repetitive ( not talking about these repetitive gang-wars ) and, I personally enjoyed them. The main story was also completely unique and wasn't repetitive. Like it or not, I think the game has a story and it's good. And this is not just my opinion. Its a shared idea it seems like Metacritic score is there, or IGN review is here - this obviously doesn't guarantee that game is good but you get what I mean. Not everyone is hating the game
- I wasn't in hype storm for that game. So I had no expectations apart from the real Cyberpunk genre, William Gibson Neuromancer vibes. I most certainly didn't compare a cyberpunk genre game with a fantasy medieval setting game they had and I most certainly didn't compare it with an industry giant game like GTAV.
- If I'm able to start the game from scratch, and play the entire storyline without any issues and able to finish it, this means the product is finished. And I finished the product without any major issues + doing things outside of the game as well. I'm not saying Cyberpunk is a perfect or a great game. I'm saying it's finished. Or at least, compared to Bannerlord.

Bannerlord is supposed to be "sandbox" and to create that "sandbox" feeling, they have to add content. If they refuse to add content, it becomes a sandbox without sand. And this should go without saying but, this is a stupid idea. Especially seeing that people are fine with this and say "fix the holes in the box, modders will provide the sand" approach is not something I like and support. Taleworlds is no longer a cute little indie company by the way. This is not a get-away sentence or excuse for them anymore. Especially not after they sell their "box with holes" for AAA price

Since this is not a Cyberpunk thread so I won't go into details. Let me give it down to some bullet points,
- Don't care about either of the game's perks that much.
- I played Cyberpunk with my non-high-tech PC without any major issues or crashes. That wasn't the case with Bannerlord. Doesn't mean that Cyberpunk was flawless or Bannerlord was problematic for everyone. But for me, it was fine. Bannerlord wasn't.
- I played and finished Cyberpunk by doing lots of side quests, without directly following the main quest. Exploring the overall city design, side quests were fun for me. Quests weren't too repetitive ( not talking about these repetitive gang-wars ) and, I personally enjoyed them. The main story was also completely unique and wasn't repetitive. Like it or not, I think the game has a story and it's good. And this is not just my opinion. Its a shared idea it seems like Metacritic score is there, or IGN review is here - this obviously doesn't guarantee that game is good but you get what I mean. Not everyone is hating the game
- I wasn't in hype storm for that game. So I had no expectations apart from the real Cyberpunk genre, William Gibson Neuromancer vibes. I most certainly didn't compare a cyberpunk genre game with a fantasy medieval setting game they had and I most certainly didn't compare it with an industry giant game like GTAV.
- If I'm able to start the game from scratch, and play the entire storyline without any issues and able to finish it, this means the product is finished. And I finished the product without any major issues + doing things outside of the game as well. I'm not saying Cyberpunk is a perfect or a great game. I'm saying it's finished. Or at least, compared to Bannerlord.

Bannerlord is supposed to be "sandbox" and to create that "sandbox" feeling, they have to add content. If they refuse to add content, it becomes a sandbox without sand. And this should go without saying but, this is a stupid idea. Especially seeing that people are fine with this and say "fix the holes in the box, modders will provide the sand" approach is not something I like and support. Taleworlds is no longer a cute little indie company by the way. This is not a get-away sentence or excuse for them anymore. Especially not after they sell their "box with holes" for AAA price

Bullet points aswell because it just started as how I felt you were too gentle on CD PR :

- It's one of the major features of that game, 5 months later on a non-EA game, still not working properly. Hate it or not.
Two other features, replayability and origin-stories, something we can compare to Bannerlord aswell, those are at the bare-minimum which is close to zero for the former, and ~15min of unique gameplay for the latter.
- Fair enough.
- The metacritic for that game even on PC is fairly high, too high.
I'm not putting this out of thin air, a lot of journalists didn't bother finishing the game on PC while reviewing it, if anything it's one of the few games in the industry whose metacritic isn't at all representative of the actual finished product.
Have a look at how many highly positive reviews were done in December 7th.
If you have a quick look on what they have to say ( including IGN ), I surely did back in the days of the hype, the vast majority are convinced that Dialogue choices matter for the story when it has been proved 2-3 days after launch that 98% of dialogues don't matter whatsoever.
A giant smoke screen.
The game is also a giant corridor on a empty city, that's it, I want to keep my message concise so I'll not deploy any further arguments that's not the point.

- Yes, let's put it this way : The product is as finished as Justice League in 2017.

Now my actual argument ( you could discard my rant against Cyberpunk really )

I imagine you would be as vocal as I am now against TW if someone told you :
" I didn't follow the Mount & Blade hype and devlogs for 8 years ".
I'm not here to say that you shouldn't enjoy your experience with that game, I also did even knowing the giant poisoned chalice I had on my hands, but let's be fair for a minute, the list of promised features and content that's simply cut from Cyberpunk is that huge that Bannerlord is a tiny midget next to it.
So yeah it's fair you could finish and enjoy Cyberpunk without all that hype, it's also fair that Average Joe is actually having a lot of fun in Bannerlord without following all the shenaningans involved on it.
What is unfair is criticizing ( I edited the verb ) on a studio like many of us are here, while actively discarding another controversy because " wow I just didn't bite the hype, I enjoyed it afterall " .. that's why I'm here messaging you.
On the realm of general disappointement Cyberpunk and CD PR beat any production to date, sadly.

Simply put, yes Cyberpunk is " more worth " buying for the experience it can deliver, it's a AAA video-game afterall, which isn't in a Early Access state, whereas we are here waiting for the EA of Bannerlord to finish, and TW to finally move to deliver the sand in their sandbox like you said.
( which introduce a whole lot of grey area I have to agree )

edit : oh and CD PR promised to deliver modding tools for the community ... I guess they are still waiting .. :lol:

Last edited:
Honestly it seems to me that given the state of the game and modding support if one were to attempt to make a total conversion mod, it very well might be easier to just do your own thing in Unity 3D/Unreal/Godot/your platform of choice. That way at least you can sell it and you'll get a chance to do something better than the clunky "physics" based mess that the combat system they implemented is.

Back
Top Bottom